Former_Member
Not applicable

Frustrations with Zetsy

Hi. I'm new to Zetsy and am challenged to get it to work. I have granted privacy access so I don't think that is an issue.

I downloaded my active listings and went through and updated all the descriptions - mostly by just making the changes in the description cell and then clicking the update box to the right. When I tried to update the shop nothing happened. I surmised from that the only way to update descriptions and titles through Zetsy is to do the search and replace, delete, add to top, add to bottom etc.

So, I narrowed my changes down to just 5 listings. Used the functions to make the appropriate changes. Clicked on the update check box and then the update shop box. Zetsy said it successfully updated the shop but the changes have never appeared on Etsy.

So I narrowed my changes to 1 listing and tried again. Zetsy said it successfully updated the shop but the changes haven't shown up.

I've checked the privacy access and according to Etsy Zetsy has privacy access.

I was really excited about finding Zetsy but at this point it would have been faster to make all the changes in Etsy. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a way through Zetsy to create a CSV file of the listing data? I need to provide Amazon with my listings and it is either cut and past from Etsy or hopefully Zetsy can help me out.

Please?

Oh. I forgot to mention my computer is running Windows 7 Professional if that makes a difference.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
MiladyCreations
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Frustrations with Zetsy

Sorry for your frustrations. It should not be that difficult! It is very much geared to search, replace, and add - not so much adding to each description box. perhaps that is the problem. I will have ny husband respond to you tonight. He just rewrote the CSV export so that definitely is there.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thank you for your quick response, Sandy. I will continue trying to make it work. It is good knowing that there is a csv report out there. It will save much time.

Perhaps I should make the changes in Etsy instead of Zetsy since the changes are fairly listing specific.

Linda
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I used today this app to add a text in the beginning of the descriptions .
All went good BUT I just saw that the available quantities were all reset to 1 . For all the items.
Any way to undo that ? In one shop I have almost 200 items with different quantities ... now all reset to 1

MD
0 Likes

All the bugs in this thread I believe are fixed now. See the notice on enhanced output
0 Likes

Hello, I am having trouble installing Zetsy, is there a person I can get help? Thank you.
0 Likes

We have an initial guide on how to install at http://zimpro.co/blog/zetsy-installation-and-troubleshooting/ . You can either post your problems here or you can convo me with the details of your problem. If your getting an error message, a screenshot is very helpful as well as what operating system your running,
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!
I need to change a bunch of my listing categories. Does zetsy have an option to do so? I'm sorry, I can't find anything, and I read a blog entry from 2011 that says zetsy is unable to do so, but I'm hoping that this might have been included in some sort of update. Is there a way to bulk edit categories?
Georgene
https://www.etsy.com/shop/hotembroiderydesigns
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Okay. I did find the "Cat Edits", but I'm afraid I'm more confused than ever. It looks as if the categories zetsy says will assign to the listing does not match the "Category" items on etsy. Zetsy says it is assigned the category 1 - patterns, 2 - embroidery, 3 - machine embroidery. But when I look at etsy, these listing categories do not exist. How can I list the items according to etsy categories?
Georgene
www.etsy.com/shop/hotembroiderydesigns
0 Likes

Hi Georgene,

Sorry for the complexity of this answer, but I will try to explain this the best way I can. Etsy earlier this year changed the way they did categories. There are actually two DIFFERENT categories now for a listing (the old category which Zetsy supported) and the new taxonomy that Zetsy only partially supports. Below is a couple of forum topics on the subject.

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/15992322/

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/16748313/

Perhaps the best way to explain it comes from the Etsy API descriptions:

A new-style category for Etsy listings, replacing Category. If you set the taxonomy_id property of a Listing Etsy will automatically fill in the corresponding category_id, and vice-versa. This Taxonomy can be deeper than the three levels provided by Category. We now have two taxonomies, one for sellers and one for buyers. You must use the seller taxonomy when deciding which taxonomy_id to use for a listing. The seller taxonomy is optimized for completeness and specificity. The buyer taxonomy is optimized for how buyers search on Etsy.

This is the reason for what you see in Zetsy is different than the listing which uses the new method. You can actually SEE both the old and the new.in the listing viewer. Scroll all the way to the right and you will taxonomy path and ID. he "old" categories are toward the left. Thus you can see them all in the usual output grid but with the current version you cannot change the new ones. This is a future item I intend to support - but its not there yet. I would be interested on knowing if this is a high support item or not from any other users.

Hope this long answer helps explain it. If you have additional questions let me know.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.