Download failures, Deleting a given string of characters. Selecting only 1 section.

I don't see how I can just make description changes to only my Cabochon section.

I keep getting a Download Failure (Bad Request). Sometimes up to 4 or 5, I have to reply Continue to get by them. What are these.

I continue to have a problem with trying to delete a given string. Several times I clicked on the line to do a cut and paste and all the characters came together into a paragraph. The only way I could change them was in the Manual mode. What is the cause?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
24 Replies

Re: Download failures, Deleting a given string of characters. Selecting only 1 section.

Can you send me or post here an example of the error messages? All of these errors should also be in a text file called Errorlogs in the folder Zimpro\ErrorLogs. You can send this to me at zimpro@live.com. The error message is rejecting the changes you have made. The error messages should tell me why.
The cut and paste issue is related to the hidden formatting and the editor state. I will look into this. Try the fit rows button when cutting and pasting, I think this keeps the editor in a state where it may accept these changes.
0 Likes

Re: Download failures, Deleting a given string of characters. Selecting only 1 section.

What is try the fit rows button.

Nothing in the error log.

I'm just about ready to give up on Zetsy, I have to bounce out this app so much it makes me dizzy.

Here's some more errors I get. The Downloading Info, Please Wait at the bottom of the screen never goes away after an upload.

The shop title at times overlays the area on the left of the editing page making it impossible to do anything. Had to bounce Zetsy to get back.

I receive Crossthread message which also requires a restart.
0 Likes

Hi there,
I am also having trouble with deleting information from descriptions. I'm not getting an error message, but every time I reach the "Update and review" step, all the items disappear and at the bottom left of the screen it says, "Downloading info, please wait." The whole system just hangs. I can leave it for 20 minutes and nothing happens. Is this a bug or should I be doing something different. I reinstalled Zetsy and restarted my PC. Same thing happens every time.

Thanks,
0 Likes

I'm at a loss.
What Windows are being used? Can you give an idea of the computer processor and/or age. It appears that he screen is not being updated. Cross-threading errors are very unusual as well and really can only occur during download. Are they occurring elsewhere? All errors displayed and a lot more more should go to the errorlog.
I use Win10 and I see none of this. its just as frustrating on my end when I cannot reproduce these errors. I do have a Win7 machine if that is what is being used and will try that.
0 Likes

Hi there
I am using Windows 7. Last time I used Zetsy was about a month ago. Didn't have a problem then.
0 Likes

The error reported by both Karin and SHIRL has been resolved. See the release notes for this.

The Download Failure (Bad Request) has been resolved. Again see the program release notice for details.

To make description changes to only my Cabochon section use the global filter form and filter by section. Then choose all of those. The help button on this form should take you to some more info on this.

The fir tows button simply reduces the space of the listings to a common size.

I have not been able to resolve or see the shop title overlaying. You can double clikc the tab and make the form floating which will at least move it out of the way. I think you have to ahve 2 open to allow this.

I have tried multiple methods of cut and past and it all seems to work. Are you pasting from a word document or somewhere else? I'm trying to understand how to reproduce this so any hints would help.

If there is another delete string which is not working please let me know. I know there were issues with spaces which I thought we resolved.

0 Likes

It works--yay! The prospect of changing 900+ listings one by one was not a happy one. May the gods smile upon you!
0 Likes

I guess I have to start over on my problems, I will add them when they occur. The first one is:

#1. I tried to delete some characters and I got a box that said I didn't select Descriptions or Title, This locked me out of my system. I couldn't delete Zetsy and I had to restart Windows 7.
0 Likes

# 2 error: After sync I got a Cross thread error box. I couldn't Print the Screen.
0 Likes

#3. I was going to upload some changes and I changed my mine. I hit reset and then attempted to make some different changes. I couldn't do an Update All so I tried to Resync my shop. I got the Cross thread message, the logo was covering the left side of the screen and I couldn't move it. I tried to reply to the Cross Thread message and couldn't, I replied no and it stopped Zetsy.
0 Likes

#4. I made a change, it found some but not all of what I have. I did a cut and paste from the Zetsy listing and tried to change the one I found. It gave me 0 found.
0 Likes

#5. I'm trying to delete multiple blank lines and it's not working. It runs my characters on a line that wasn't blank.
0 Likes

Hopefully some progress. There is an interim release I put out tonight. On the second running, it should find the update.

#1 - I did not replicate the freeze on Bug #1. I did improve the error handling of this and changed how the error message box is displayed. It appears in particular that error message boxes are having trouble on your system so I'm trying this.

#3 - I changed how resetting was handled, changed the message box, and displayed in the information box that a reset had occurred.

#5 The info box should tell you exactly what the system thinks it is seeing to delete. Does that match up? A screenshot of this might help.

I continue to be baffled by the cross threading and why no error messages are being written to the errorlog.
0 Likes

For #4 I'm working to see if I can add a more powerful search and replace function for the end of the week that is "easy" to use.
Have you ever tried the FIND function? It highlights everything in the column that matches. This should confirm (or not) matches
0 Likes

The find doesn't work right for me also,

When I delete a line from Zetsy with characters I'm left with a blank line and then I have to try and delete these blank lines and it's really hard.
0 Likes

Can't resync after a LOAD on Zetsy. I get a cross thread and my logo is on the left side covering characters, can't move it. I hite NO on cross fee box because hitting YES doesn't remove the logo. Have to restart all over.
0 Likes

I have made little progress on the cross thread error in part because I don't know what control is causing this. The specifics of the error message should (hopefully) tell me. If you or anyone else having these cross thread errors could either give me a screenshot or write down the message it would help in finding this. If anyone else is seeing these that would also be helpful to know how often this is occurring. Thanks
0 Likes

What about the blank lines being left after you delete 3 lines of characters. Also how do you delete the blank lines.
0 Likes

You have a lot more problems and I really don't have time to help. I tried to make a replacement change and the message showed only 256 items were changed out of 512. Looking for something that wasn't changed, I clicked on this to see all the lines and in this one it ran all sentences and paragraphs together and showed it didn't make the change. I check Etsy and found the item and it is ok and the change was made. I keep looking for items not changed an found another one with the run together lines. I give up. Also my change added a blank line after the second line I was adding and that caused 2 blank lines.
0 Likes

A few typos in the previous note. When I did a copy to past the run together para it copied the correct lines as they are suppose to be. I have a screen print, give me your email and I'll send it to you.
0 Likes

This problem with the combined lines is why some of my changes couldn't be found when I tried to make some previous updates..
0 Likes

I just loaded the new upgrade. The blank line upgrade I don't think will work. You should have something like: delete extra blank lines and leave the blank line.
0 Likes

I reloded my Etsy shop and checked the 2 items that had bad data and they are now ok, this means that the previous change I made but the lines were not formatted correctly.
0 Likes

My email address is Zimpro@live.com.

I will take up your suggestion on deleting extra blank lines.
I'm also looking into a Like command, but that can be very tricky.

Thanks for your help. I'm hoping you found that the cross thread errors are now gone.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.