Former_Member
Not applicable

Getting wholesale orders

I've spent the last few weeks or so locating different stores where my art pieces would fit in well. I specifically targeted people who have done things like posted about looking for wholesale sources, or have a place to submit on their website, things like that. A lot of these are out of state for me, but I've had very few replies. In fact, I think I've only had one. I'm still trying, because I really want to expand my business, but is there something I might be doing wrong? Is there a way to make sure I'm not getting hooked in spam filters? I include my wholesale line sheet, it outlines my basic terms, and I mention specific pieces that I believe would be a good fit, and send links to them (I've found a lot of the stores through Etsy, so an Etsy link seemed appropriate). Is there something specific that wholesale buyers are looking for from a contact? If I have a store address, would it be ok to send them a promotional card of some kind, or would that annoy people? When I receive no response, is it ok to continue to try and contact them, or is that a polite no? How often is too often? Should I include directions for how to place an order on my line sheet?

I could really use some advice, otherwise I think that I'll just keep on emailing, and hope to hear back from someone. I am going to be looking at stores that are much closer to me, too, but so far I haven't seen too much locally that would fit.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Replies
PaperBlisss
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Getting wholesale orders

I downloaded "The Joy of Wholesale" (free) and it was a tremendous help. The author is a little wordy, but in a fun way. Google it and see if it works for you.
Good luck,
Susan
0 Likes

I've been wondering all these things too. Thanks for the tip LadybugLane. I think I'll look around her blog first before I sign up for the pdf. http://www.indieretailacademy.com/blog-post-selection-box/
0 Likes
MoomettesCrochet
Inspiration Seeker

Looks like an interesting site - will be checking it out !
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.