Former_Member
Many new sellers get very upset that they do not get sales as soon as they open your shop. Here are some tips on starting up a new shop.

***Photos. Photos are critical. If you don't have good photos, you won't have sales. Plain and simple. You have to practice and practice. I am still trying to take better ones.
-Use simple backgrounds. Paper or wood works best. Don't use old towels or blankets, no one wants to see a dusty old blanket with hairs on it!
-Don't use flash (It just never looks pretty. Light in the wrong spots, wrong color, etc.)
-Use natural light. Taking photos by the window works best. Artificial light is usually very yellow.
-Display the piece nicely in the 1st photo. Make sure you can see most or all of the product.
-Edit photos with a photo editor. Photoshop is best, but if you want something free I reccomend GIMP or Picasa.
-For earrings it isn't the best idea to use a live model if you are selling the same pair of earrings they wore. Some people are iffy about that. Don't use a mannequin in the 1st photo either, it doesn't look as professional. Save that for another photo.

***Titles, Tags & Descriptions
-Use proper titles and tags for your products. "Handmade Necklace" is not a good title, but "Long Blue Quartz Necklace" is. Keep it short, but explain it nicely.
-Use every tag! Don't miss any!
-Don't add a few sentance description. A few paragraphs is best! The more you tell, the more the buyer will be interested! Mention everything. Colors, Sizes, Options, Background, Defects. Anything!

***Advertising
-Use social media like facebook, twitter and blogs. Also use art websites, advertising sites, wanelo, pinterest, etc. Aything helps!

***Your Shop
-Make sure your policies, shop description and about page are filled out! Buyers might have questions thatcould easily be answered in a FAQ! Extra info ALWAYS helps!

THese are just suggestion, take them as you will!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Sellers

Hi! I just opened my shop yesterday, I only have a few items (my camera died before I could add more!) If anyone has any tips for me to improve my store, please let me know! I am new to this so any input would be greatly appreciated!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hi Everyone...so good to be here. I was really impressed in the opening pages of the information being shared. The fact that it is a Seller really interested in helping others speaks volumes. You can never have too much information or too many friends!

You will find a cache of items in the shop. I love it all so it is hard for me to settle on one single venue of treasures or creations.."Jill of all trades -master of none".
So many things to see, so many things to create so many wonderful things to discover but never enough time. I, however, find I am never bored or idle. I have been blessed with so many abilities and talents. I sew, crochet,paint crafts and do weddings, actually I am in the middle of finishing florals for a wedding in three weeks - always something in my basket going on.
I am always in the prowl mode, no matter what I am doing, for the unique, special and unusual. Whether it be at estate sales, auctions or a great idea to be created; I jump right on it.
Acquiring or creating treasures is the destination but the journey has been priceless.
Blessings and do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist anyone.
Libbey
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for favorite my shop, will get back to you!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/mctopart
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I am a new seller. I started about 4 months ago and I am having some trouble selling. I have 17 items up but nobody's buying... Can you help?
0 Likes

Hi!
Don't give up. It took 3 months for me to sell after opening. It's been over a year now and I haven't sold much. At least it does not cost much to list!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I just opened my shop about 2 weeks ago. I feel like I get somewhat steady traffic. I got my first sale the day that I opened my shop but haven't had any since. Any advice of any kind is welcome!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DivineDesignsLDB
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I opened up my shop a few months ago, and I'm still waiting on a sale.
I improved my photography, I opened a tweeter account, I have a pinterest board, and I'm adding more items to my shop. I'm going to get a facebook page soon, and I'm also working on changing some of my titles, and tags.
I would appreciate any other advice!
Thank You, I wish everyone lots of sales for the Holidays!
0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to Etsy, even though I have been selling jewelry for almost a year! So far I have not had any sales from my online shop.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/172578166/crystal-heart-earrings?ref=shop_home_active
https://www.etsy.com/listing/172575804/antique-brass-chandelier-spike-earrings?ref=related-2
https://www.etsy.com/listing/172577642/silver-and-red-dream-catcher-style?ref=related-6

My Fiance was laid off from his job over the weekend, so I can use any advice you guys would be able to provide to help push sales! I would greatly appreciate it!! :) <3

(One thing I know I need to work on is the descriptions, but I have the hardest time with figuring out how to word things too! Advice on this would be great too)
0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.