Welcome to our CHAT thread where you can introduce yourself, ask a question, tell a joke, say what you're up to or what you're having for dinner! A place to meet one another. A place to procrastinate and get away from it all for a few minutes. Feel free to post something you like in another team member's shop. If you want to ask a question about something in your shop you may post a link to the item.

What you can't do on this thread is self-promote : ) All random self-promotions will be deleted. Since the leaders of the team can't be present 24/7 we ask members to let us know of any self-promotions by Page # so we can delete the post and keep the chat flowing. If your post is deleted please don't take offense. There is a separate thread for self-promotions where you can show us your new listings, relists, etc. and we look forward to seeing them!

If you are new to the team, there's no need to read pages and pages of posts. Just jump in! Our posters are friendly and helpful!

Please keep your posts clean, positive and family friendly.

Please no calling out on Etsy, administration or other members.

Please keep any harsh differences of opinion in convos and not on the thread.

Let's chat!

MrFilthyRotten
AuntSue
Waalaa
Sassydoggs
Conversation Maker

Re: WLV CHAT Only Thread ~ Come Get to Know One Another!

It sounds like the issue of people not using the team is more of a time and energy issue.  It used to be easy when the teams were on site, and there were regular posts. Someone has to be willing to commit to ongoing administration of keeping a group current and relevant.  Perhaps it just is no longer relevant.  I will leave the idea open for a bit, but there are problems with taking things to a social site, especially if one does not have a shop page, and can only join under their personal name.  I will continue to visit here and just check in once or twice a year, but I hate, hate the spamming. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

I  rarely come into the team spaces any more due to Etsy abandoning the original format. There are so many ghost teams now that people seem to have given up on. What happened to all the various team admins? Did they just get fed up with the tumbleweed and eery silences, I wonder? 

When I first started on Etsy over ten years ago I loved popping into this chat because it was mainly US based and I enjoyed reading about daily life over there (I'm UK based). Who knew, for example, that people feed hummingbirds on their back verandas? This is what I loved about selling on Etsy, the international community. I can only think that by encouraging connections it helps with selling overall too.

I seem to recall the teams being rebranded after a difficult phase for Etsy in terms of seller revolt over various changes. They said it was in part about accessibility but the front design is worse for accessibility.

In terms of promos on this chat, I guess all we can do is report or call them out.

3 Likes
Sassydoggs
Conversation Maker

@JunqueGypsy  I am in the same boat.  I still like to shop, especially if I am out on some road trip, and I end up bringing some fun stuff home, but  when that stuff is piling up, and not moving like it has in the past, than it is just stressful, and hard to find motivation.  I have more listings in my shop and keep adding more because that is all it took in the past to get it moving.  Now nothing seems to work to get those orders coming in with any sort of consistent numbers.  It feels like we are at the mercy of the venue now.

2 Likes

JG and Sassy, I have cut back on buying when I am at sales. One reason is that the price of postage has skyrocketed to the point of no return so I try my best not to buy heavy items if possible.

I decided to take a break because I had some health things going on and I just needed to not stress so much. I also think that people are on a tight budget now with inflation. I think things will pick up and we will see better day ahead. Good luck to all of us here.

3 Likes

Well, it looks like the last spam/promotion post was last year, since we have no leadership and can't monitor threads we could always privately message anyone spamming and just stay on this thread, seems like we have a good core!

But, I do work four nights a week so I'd miss out on the Thursday night speed chat of old!

1 Like

Well, whatdoyaknow.

After weeks of no sales and little activity in my shop, within hours today I get orders for 4 pieces of Tupperware.

I wonder if these buyers are reacting to last week's news of the company's impending closure. Makes me sad because I really like Tupperware products, especially their lifetime guarantee. But I guess the current trend for young homemakers is not plastic friendly and certainly no home parties. So if the company closes will that push up the price of vintage Tupperware for the devotees? I hope so since I have boxes spilling over of more items to still be listed.

Happy Friday, everyone!

3 Likes

Really enjoy reading everyone's updates.  

I expect vintage Tupperware will continue to increase in value.  

I'm still trying to declutter.  My mom passed almost two years ago and there was so much to wade thru.  Family took some, then we called a consignment shop and the owner purchased a lot.  And many trips to drop off donations. 

At that point decided to lighten the load here as much as possible so my kids will have an easier time disposing of my things.  They really don't want my collections.  Had a garage sale where Tupperware was hot.  Have sent some things to auction, and some to consignment.  And sold some outright to dealers.  No shipping to worry about, but not as much profit either.

I'm still hitting the sales, but trying to be more careful about what I buy.  Didn't work out so well the past couple days.  But it was fun.

4 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

THIS IS A VINTAGE DISCUSSION THREAD NOT A PROMOTION THREAD

How are every ones vintage sales these days? 

3 Likes
Sassydoggs
Conversation Maker

Is there no way to remove the spam?  Are none of the original Hosts of the group no longer participating, and are those original admin able to appoint someone else to maintain the group?  To answer the question, things have been slower than usual since last Fall, but I sill have a few orders a week.  June has been okay and will end up almost exactly the same number of orders as last June. I am trying desperately to avoid buying any inventory for the shop.

1 Like

I don't know where our team leaders went ....

Things are slower than last year and I also am trying not to buy more inventory. Still have lots that needs listing LOL. 

1 Like

Hi all

all the hosts are gone or not interested in watching this thread anymore as far as I can see.

As for me, I am on vacay mode and maybe come fall I will list a few things if I am feeling better.  I have really stopped buying any new inventory as I have plenty and a lot is going to be donated.  I am also weary of what is going on here with reserves and bots.

I wish everyone well here and miss the good old days.

0 Likes
Sassydoggs
Conversation Maker

I have not seen any, or many of our stateside vintage sellers with issues on selling vintage regarding reserves or being suspended.  I joined a few Facebook groups and it has given me a more clear picture of what is going on and why.  So many people who are advising work arounds about opening shops from countries such as Pakistan that are not allowed  to open shops.  So many people telling others they can open shops, steal photos from cheap manufactured sites, and post in their shop, marking up the stolen photos, and then just buy the cheap stuff and re-sell to the unknowing buyer.  One group I joined actually has admins from those other countries, and many scammers selling services about how to break the rules.  It is so sad what Etsy has become sinced they started to allow drop shipping, POD, and digital products.

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.