Buyers contacting me with only "Apple User"

Is anyone else uncomfortable dealing with anonymous  "Apple User"?  They know who I am but the "Apple User" wants to discuss an offer with me anonymously.  Tonight, when in response to my asking one of them to identify him/her-self I received 3 or 4 venomous ugly replies that  I immediately sent to Spam, of course. And when I opened my list of messages I had sent to Spam in the past...there he/she was...a few times...  also a few from a "she" who I think is in the same household...I have a listing they want and now, I will definitely not meet their price! All that I could see is that the person lives in C..., USA ( I am not giving the city name in full) and a comfortable distance from me.  

I have had some very nice buyers who started out as "Apple User"...and through messaging I learned their name and it was fine. But we, as sellers are not fully secure not having a name- Is this really necessary to Etsy success?

Tonight was more than Spam... if harassment does that mean the police get involved?  Without a name it would have to be initiated by Etsy...I assume Etsy identifies the "Apple User"???!!! 

I won't lose sleep over it but it will not be forgotten easily.

I'd appreciate any suggestion or opinion if you have time.  Thanks in advance...

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.