A big thank you to one and all

Thank you SOooooo much for inviting me into this great Team I am as chuffed as can be. Mary from (a wee bit dull Scotland)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
21 Replies

Re: A big thank you to one and all

...wanted to thank you, FadedRoseFactory, for the invitation to look around at your team...I could not turn down the invitation to join...these are beautiful dolls and I have learned so much about them, just from you! I wasn't really much of a player with dolls...I was too busy getting wild on my ponies and horses...but, I was immediately smitten with these small replicas of naughty and nice because they are so indicative of true human nature...thanks again for the invite! Kathryn
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We are all just so happy to have you both! It's so wonderful to find so many like minds!
0 Likes

Welcome to all 25 new members. We are so excited to have you on the team. Some of you are old friends but to those of you I hadn't met, it's a real pleasure to connect with you and to explore your fabulous shops. Thanks also for the links to some of your blogs and websites. What wonderful opportunities for all of us to learn, share ideas, and add to our collections.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thank you so much :D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been in love with boudoir dolls ever since I first saw one years and years ago! Thank you for accepting admirers and collectors as well as sellers!!!
0 Likes

Hi kittyj. I think we all started out as admirers and collectors, then the boudoir dolls started to take over our homes and we were forced to become sellers:) Either that, or move out our spouses, children and pets (I did think about doing that -- lol).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome everyone!!! Thanks CLDecoDesigns for creating such a wonderful team!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you FadedRoseFactory and everyone else who is a part of this team. I can't tell you how happy I am to find my "people" on Etsy!
0 Likes

Silly thought. Do you look like your avatar? I can't help it, when I try to picture what everybody looks like I envision their avatars busily typing away on their computers. CL, your photo does not look like a gal who does farm chores:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm a six foot tall red head :) But, I'm admittedly prissy for all the poop on the farm. My 4" stilettos and pin skirts aren't really practical living on a dirt road. I did buy my first truck this year and my whole family made fun of me. Ahhhh, the things we do for love. :) My everyday life is probably why I'm so interested in the art deco/nouveau era. Everything was so fabulous and elegant.
Do you look like your avatar?
0 Likes

Don't I wish! Actually, I chose my avatar because it looks like my grandma Rose, who was a very stylish flapper in her day. I would love to be elegant but, alas, I'm always too busy and too messy (painting, gardening, body surfing or beach combing) to bother trying to be glamorous. I don't even own a pair of Louboutins:) I'm usually in a wetsuit or a sweatsuit. So much for my chic facade; now you know the truth.
0 Likes
LaBellaDoll
Inspiration Seeker

Ha,ha!
Katie, you don't even own a pair of Louboutins, I had to look it up to find out what it was!!!
We are all dreamers aren't we!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love it! A red neck and a beach bum trying to lead a team about some of the most elegant dolls in history. Everyone please help us and forgive our mistakes! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I figured it was a California thing. :) I had to look it up myself. Now I want some! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh, and my Grandmother's name was Rose as well. :) I need to get my thoughts in order before I post! Too much coffee today
0 Likes

Ah, too much coffee. There's something else we have in common:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of our team's members. I'm so happy to find so many like minded doll lovers here on Etsy! I'd just love to meet more! I can't get enough of all of our members shops and just want to see more and more. Please invite your friends to join our special team. We'd love to see everything Etsy has to offer for our favorite boudoir ladies!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING!
Carrie Lynn
0 Likes
mermaidsdowry
Inspiration Seeker

Just reading the previous posts on this thread makes me wish we were all chatting over coffee :) I will go to bed with a smile on my face and a happy heart. I am very glad I joined this team! I actually have been told I resemble my avatar's in both shops - I absolutely don't see it but I'll take the compliment! Waterhouse is my absolute favorite artist and so many of the women he painted remind me of old photo's of my grandmother - I could just get lost in day dreams gazing at his wonderful paintings...............
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

lindapaloma says

Hi kittyj. I think we all started out as admirers and collectors, then the boudoir dolls started to take over our homes and we were forced to become sellers:) Either that, or move out our spouses, children and pets (I did think about doing that -- lol).
I've already moved out everyone but the pets.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

mermaidsdowry says

Just reading the previous posts on this thread makes me wish we were all chatting over coffee :) I will go to bed with a smile on my face and a happy heart. I am very glad I joined this team! I actually have been told I resemble my avatar's in both shops - I absolutely don't see it but I'll take the compliment! Waterhouse is my absolute favorite artist and so many of the women he painted remind me of old photo's of my grandmother - I could just get lost in day dreams gazing at his wonderful paintings...............
Me too.
I have this one "Hylas and the Nymphs" in my bedroom.
http://www.jwwaterhouse.com/view.cfm?recordid=18

I also love the mermaid (the one with the long red hair).
I love mermaids too, btw (which is probably why I love Waterhouse).

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Really gorgeous paintings! Now I'm going to have to get one too. I think it will really fit my decor and should be very inspiring to have in my craft corner when I need a little something beautiful to get me thinking. :) Thank you for sharing!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.