Do you ADVERTISE on Fetlife?

I just started an ad campaign via Fetlife...I opted for the smallest pacakge. $150 for 750,000 impressions, 3 ads in rotation

Have any of you ever advertised there? If so, did you see an increase in sales?

I'm curious though...does Etsy Stats show the traffic coming from fetlife,com or does it show as 'direct traffic' in our stats since the ads are linked to directly to my shop home page?
Anybody know the answer?

Thanks and HAPPY SALES everyone ♥
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Do you ADVERTISE on Fetlife?

Thank you for posting this! I have been wondering about it. Is your link or ad linking to etsy or a website?

In my etsy stats it does tell me that fetlife.com does send traffic - when I post an ad in for sale groups with link to etsy page or listing.

Please let me know how the fet ads work out for you! I have been contemplating it. What does an "impression" mean? Meaning the ad shows up on someones feed or on the side lines of what ever they are doing? Or do they mean clicks?
0 Likes

Oops!! left that last message with the wrong profile.

AnticipationLeads is my dog product line. My main business is AnticipationUSA.

~Scott
0 Likes

Hi Scott...this is my very first paid advertising promotion..to be honest, I'M CLUELESS.

Here's an insert from the email I received from Paris, the advertising agent for fetlife:

"$150 for 750,000 impressions // $0.20 CPM // 3 ads in rotation
$300 for 2,000,000 impressions // $0.15 CPM // 5 ads in rotation
$500 for 5,000,000 impressions // $0.10 CPM // 7 ads in rotation
$700 for 10,000,000 impressions // $0.07 CPM // 10 ads in rotation
We have some targeting options you can set as well. For free we can target by gender, location and language. For a premium we can also do sexual orientation, relationship status and fetish as well.

Once you know which package you would like, what we need from you is the images that you want to use for your banners and the links to your site. As for each ad, they need to be a non-animated, 120 x 90 pixel image. They can also have up to 3 lines of text underneath them with up to 25 characters in each line of text. As soon as you have that together, I can send you an invoice for your campaign and get your ads running."

I'm assuming 'Impressions' means that collectively my 3 ads will show up 'somewhere' at least 750,000 times during the one month run.

Then, the .20 CPM means cost per click...which will be deducted from the $150...so basically that's at least 750 clicks..I'm also assuming that if the CPM is reached before the 750,000 impressions for the month, the ads end.

Maybe someone with a bit more understanding of how it all works will chime in here too.

My ads started yesterday mid-afternoon..so far, I'm seeing no traffic in my stats from Fetlife..but like you, if I post somewhere in the forums over there, I do see Fetlife as a traffic source. But usually the links I post then are links to an exact listing..so I wasn't sure since I linked those ads to my Shop's homepage if it would show as 'direct traffic'.
0 Likes

Ugh..so many grammar errors in that.
0 Likes

Hi Francesca,

This is Francesca! I was wondering how things were going with your FetLife advertising? I've been wanting to do it for quite awhile, but my budget is still small right now, so I'm a little hesitant to try it till I chat with someone who's tried it ;D

Also, I've been thinking about advertising with Depraved_Eros in his upcoming magazine, but again, just a little hesitant.

Thanks so much for directing this group ... it's much needed ... and absolutely love your work!!

Thanks,
Francesca
0 Likes

@Francesca...

Oh I really love you name ;) To be honest...the views from the ads have been dismal to say the least.

I decided not to promote in any groups on Fetlife for the 30 days my ads are running because I wanted to be sure the views I am receiving are a direct result of the paid ads only.

For reference:
I started my ad campaign on Oct 26th. From Oct 26 -Nov 5th (10 days) I have only received 22 views from Fetlife. So on average about 2 views per day. With no promoting other than the paid ads.

However, from Oct 25th back to Oct 15th (10 day period before the paid ads), I received 88 views from Fetlife. Those views came from promoting in Fetlife groups.

So basically I was receiving more views in a 10 day period by promoting myself for FREE inside groups.

Unless things improve over the remaining 20 days the ads will be running, I doubt I'll do another round of paid ads.

That doesn't mean others may not have success with their ads on Fetlife, but so far the numbers aren't looking very impressive for me.
0 Likes
DrvonHertz
Inspiration Seeker

Dr vonHertz

That sounds disappointing. I haven't started a fet campaign yet but am considering it. My first batch went fast just by word of mouth. I have new designs coming in the next few days. Currently I see 10 favorites per 100 views and about 1 sale per 100 views.
My reading was that cpm was cost per 1000 impressions meaning when your ad is on screen. Clicks is when someone follows the ad to your store. No idea if blocked impressions count.
0 Likes
DrvonHertz
Inspiration Seeker

Fet tells me that blocked ads do not count.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was thinking about it but after reading this I think I'll just stick to posting in groups. I get lots of views and hearts from that.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I had considered advertising on Fet but wasn't really sure if the return would justify the expense for me since my items are not really high priced and my profit margin is actually quite low.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yes! Love fetlife!
0 Likes

I talked to them, but they said they were fully booked for ads currently so they put me on a waiting list. I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with it. They're only offering one package and it's pretty expensive.
0 Likes
GetNaughtee
Inspiration Seeker

What groups do you promote in?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.