ACCEPTING RETURNS OR NO?

I am curious to know why some in our group do not accept returns.  Currently I do accept returns, and I wonder if those of you who don't accept returns have always had your policy this way or did you change it for some reason?  I have always accepted returns thinking that would encourage more sales, just like I thought Free Shipping would encourage more sales but it does not seem to be the case.

Any insights on the acceptance or non-acceptance of returns would be appreciated, as well as the free shipping issue.  Thanks

Lee

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: ACCEPTING RETURNS OR NO?

I do not accept returns, I measure all items carefully and believe people purchase styles that they know suit them. I have not seen any impact on sales. The second reason is that most of my items are sent outside of the EU (I am in the EU) and when I get a return I have to pay customs and taxes even though it a return. I offer free shipping on some items but don't think it gets me any more business. 

0 Likes

Thanks so much!

0 Likes

I don’t accept returns either.  I had to while  in the EU, but now the U.K. is not.  

I did the free shipping promo for a while, but I think customers prefer to see the postal prices separated out.

1 Like

Thanks so much - I am kind of at a loss - best wishes. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.