MoonMothWings
Inspiration Seeker

Specials and Promos

I was thinking it would be neat to have a thread where you could post if you were having a shop sale or coupon code. I don't have anything going on myself at the moment, but would love to hear if anyone else is having any specials :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Specials and Promos

I would love to hear about them, too--not only so I can shop but so I can learn! I never do specials because I find it confusing and don't really know how to manage it. But I did see that Rosie has a special going at Let Yourself Sew because I am always poking around her shop!
0 Likes

I'm sponsoring a giveaway on this blog and there is a 20% off promo code too!
http://blog.bygumbygolly.com/2011/03/bombshell-shocked-giveaway.html
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have some 80's patterns that I would be willing to give away as I will never use them. My mother in law got them from a Estate Sale. All I would ask is the shipping.

I contacted one shop on it and I was able to fit over 30 patterns in a Large Flat Rate Box which I think is $14.50. Convo me if interested.

I hope that is allowed to post here. I'm not looking for a buck just for more room for more patterns that I will use :)
0 Likes
MoonMothWings
Inspiration Seeker

I am trying to do the heartsy thing

http://heartsy.me/deals/2353/like

If it happens, then that would mean a very big sale :)
0 Likes

I'm with PrettyPatternShop. I have looked at the coupon code thing and it's confusing. As a consumer I don't like being lured with gimmicks. There aren't too many who argue over fair prices for quality items. Slow and steady...

Pixie, you are quite generous with your offer. I have patterns coming out of my ears but thank you anyway. You might consider sending them to Pattern Rescue in a big box via Media Mail (much cheaper and any printed matter qualifies) for pattern dollars you can redeem for something you can use.
0 Likes
Mrsdepew
Inspiration Seeker

I'm extending a 15% off coupon for word of mouth sales in my shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Mrsdepew?ref=si_shop
Jut use this code at checkout: SILLYPANTS

Happy May Day!
0 Likes

Bargain Bin treasury. all new shops. all sales 30-50% off. Check it out.
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4dc0175567a58eefc095482c/bargain-bin-open-for-business-up-to-half#4dc1b...
0 Likes

I'm listing my first vintage patterns right now. Any objection if just list the cover pictures to get started, and then go back and add good descriptions and tags as I have time? Please stay tuned.
0 Likes

Roadhomequilting; when I do my listing I have 4 tabs open. One to ETSY for my new listing, one to Wiki patterns to search/copy/paste info; one to Cemetarian for dating info; and one to google to look for other prices for the same pattern. I copy/paste the info from Wiki and it makes the listing go so much faster. If I have something that is not on the Wiki, I add and upload it on "off" time so that when I am ready to list the info is already typed up. I think the moment of listing is important and should be as complete as you can possibly manage. You can, of course, tweak later, but you want to look professional and give all the info you can in your initial posting.
0 Likes

I think you get the most hits when a listing is brand new, that's your best time so if you have no description it might be a little frustrating for your buyers. But I've found it doesn't really take long to do the listing itself--for me all the scanning and uploading images is what takes the time. I'm like Cynical Girl, got one tab on Cemeterian and one on the Wiki now when I list! Has been so helpful to find both of those sites!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If I can get 2 more hearts, I can run a 20% off sale !!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone :)

Now that I've managed to get 50 listings up, I am finally running a "grand opening" sale & trying to list new items each day.

Buy any 2 items from my shop & get the 3rd one FREE! (The lowest price will be refunded via paypal)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuckyHappenstance

Stop by if you have a chance :)
0 Likes

Coupon Codes : I have a constant 15% coupon sale going at my Etsy Shop and maybe two out of ten customers use it. Perhaps it's confusing how to use a coupon, the code must be typed in at checkout, and maybe that's not well explained. However I'll keep the code up and see if things pick up couponwise. PS ... Just rejoined this team after spending the better part of a month or more tweaking my Etsy shop and the other shop I run on the web and can say one thing for me at least, the more you list the more you DO seem to sell. Word of mouth and return customers appear to be the most successful advertising for my little shops. Cheers. Rosie :):)
0 Likes

I am having a 15% off sale for Memorial Day/My Birthday on everything with the code: BIRTHDAY

It runs until Tuesday May 31st.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

~ 5% DISCOUNT on all PATTERNS ~

Use discount code: 5PERCENTJSR
JustSewRetro.etsy.com

This is an ongoing discount for all of my team members.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76014969/1960s-wiggle-dress-vintage-sewing

Enjoy!
Zetta
JustSewRetro Vintage Sewing Patterns, Bridal, Vogue Collection.
0 Likes

CynicalGirl, great advice, tahnks! I didn't know about Wiki patterns.

Please vot for my vintage inspired XL Apron in Accessories Top 10 List http://t.co/wkL49Lk
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.