Former_Member
Not applicable

How long did it take you to sell your first pattern?

I just started my shop and I am wondering how long will it take to make my first. sale?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Rosie247
Conversation Maker

Re: How long did it take you to sell your first pattern?

I only started selling patterns last year but I've been selling general collectibles for a number of years and in this business patience is very important. Things tend to slow down in the summer, people have less time and money to spend on things that keep them indoors. Try not to get discouraged, it's still early in the game.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, I will just have to wait to get my first seller. Sometime I roam through everybody's pattern shop and look at all thier sales/feedback and wish my shop was doing the same.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been selling on ETSY for about 2 years now, and I'll admit it does get a bit frustrating. It's easy to get down and think things aren't working. It's all a numbers game, the more active you are on forums and on teams, post comments, make and list treasurys and in general keep marketing your shop, views and (hopefully) sales will increase. Most importantly, don't give up! It does take a while to get noticed and exposure to get the ball rolling. BTW, it took me about 3 weeks to make my first sale. Now I average about one sale a week, which I don't consider too bad considering the limited inventory and small target audience I'm trying to reach!

Also more listings will help a lot too.

Bear Hugs and Happy Sewing,
Roanne
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, very cute shop! Its nice to hear that your sales start picking up after your first.
0 Likes

SewCool, it does take a while and summer seems especially slow! There are a few things you could do to increase your chances of making a sale--if you have more patterns to sell definitely keep adding listings! Also, you might want to work on your titles. For this fabulous pattern, for example, I'd include words like vintage sewing patter, skinny jumpsuit, 1980s, and also make sure you are putting these in your tags and make sure you have things like 'Vogue pattern' as a tag. Good luck!
0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My understanding is that you need to have a minimum of 50 listings to show up in the searches. PrettyPatternShop is right. Check the titles and tags on your listings. Check other shops listings for ideas. Also, every time you edit a listing it shows up in searches better. It does take some time hang in there!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, I will start improving my shop titles right away!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.