Dating Vogue Patterns from the 60's and 70's

Does anyone have a good source for dating Vogue patterns from the 60's and 70's? Cemetarian's amazing pattern dating guide goes up to 1970 in some cases, but only up to late fifties or early 60's in others. My main focus right now is late sixties and early 70's so sometimes I have trouble dating Vogue patterns. Usually, I know if it has the little pink New Sizing box it's probably 67-69, but early 70's are troubling, not always sure if I am guessing right and I am so loving being able to find the answers for so many of my other patterns that now I want to know them all!

Also, just a thanks again to Cemetarian for that amazing resource, I have it open all the time when I'm listing!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Dating Vogue Patterns from the 60's and 70's

LOL Thank you, and one of these days we'll get more info to update....especially the Vogues.....grrrrrrrr they are a hard nut to crack sometimes. Everything else is pretty much dated on the envelope past 1970......but the Vogues don't start dating until the 80's sometime....give me a few days and I'll see what I can pull together.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Cemetarian, thanks for the fantastic resource, which I also use often!

For late 60s/early 70s Vogues, there is some pretty useful dating information on the vintage pattern wiki (http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). If you browse listings with numbering close to that of the pattern you're researching, you'll often find someone's entered the exact magazine issue for your rough numbering range...

I believe the 1970s start with Vogue 2263.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

still working on it I have a list but it's not in publishable format right now I'll give everyone a heads up when I get it done.
0 Likes

Thanks PatternVault, that's a great idea! And thanks to Cemetarian, you are amazing!
0 Likes

Does anyone know what years the Vogue American Designer patterns were not dated at all? I have 2 Bill Blass evening gown patterns without a date and I can't find any info on them.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.