Welcome all new team members! Please tell us about yourself and if you run any shops on Etsy.

Re: New Member--Please Introduce Yourself

We hope you will look through the Threads and join in. We're here to support each other, so each of us needs to spend time everyday promoting our teamies. In turn, they will support us. :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Welcome Meg, Mary and Cyndi (frstyfrolk)!
0 Likes

Hello, I am Cyndi ( frstyfrolk)

Thanks for the warm Welcome!

My Vintage Etsy shop is this shop! I have collected Books, Magazines, Paper Ephemera for a long time now and time to let some things go.

We retired to a small cabin and I have no storage room. I have Boxes and Boxes of Books of all kinds. I went through a loss of many books to an auction we had to do in 2011 after 9/11 happened and since then I have been obsessed with collecting them from everywhere I can find.

I have another Etsy shop"ByLightOfMoon" which is for supplies and handmade which may have related book items not in good condition for readable materials. I like to do mixed media so I DO have all kinds!

Smiles, Cyndi
Thanks for accepting me to this team, I have already tagged my books with this team tag.
0 Likes

0 Likes

Wow, sounds like you're a lot like me. I retired a couple of years ago and decided to get rid of some of my book collection. So, I opened an Etsy shop with everything in it. Now, I'm thinking of opening a separate shop for books, ephemera, book plates, etc. I'm a bit hesitant, because one shop keeps me pretty busy!

Anyway, welcome, I look forward to seeing you in the threads!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello. I have a disproportionately high number of books (& about to add more!) and general paper ephemera in my shop. I can't help myself: I just gravitate towards it. So I thought it was a good idea to join a team with my interest. So pleased to have found you guys. I'm interested in hearing how much Etsy is a useful marketplace for books vs other items such as decor, jewellery, etc - which is what I'd more typically associate it with.
0 Likes

Welcome Jane! Love your shop, by the way! Etsy can be a rewarding venue for vintage book sellers, and we feel that this team definitely helps with leading book sellers to greater selling success. It takes a little time and patience, but there are definitely ways to market your shop and sale more books. Please also check out the "searchable booksites" link on our main page in "Elsewhere" (left-side column) and also feel free to follow us on Pinterest. We are working to add team members' books to these boards.

Glad to have you aboard!
0 Likes

Welcome to our team Jane. Hope you will find our team useful
and informative.
0 Likes

My name is John and I have been on Etsy since 2009. Decided it was time to get serious with Etsy and have been very active building my store for the past 3 to 4 months. The next step was to join a group, and I thank you for accepting me into this group. I primarily specialize in books, magazines and ephemera. Looking forward to being active and having fun!
0 Likes

Welcome John from the Mercantile!
I love that longhorn skull! You have some lovely items. Check out the discussions - you'll find tons of great suggestions there.
0 Likes

Great to have you as a member John .... welcome.
0 Likes

Thank you Jim and Noel for the warm welcome. I look forward to be as active a member as I can be. I will start going back through the old files as time permits. Thanks again
0 Likes

Hi, I just joined a few minutes ago. I'm Lise and my etsy shop is going on two years old and is almost all vintage paper (mostly vintage ads, books, and postcards). I just love love love old paper.

And, I can't believe I never thought to look for a team devoted to these very things before this. I'm excited to find you all.

I look forward to getting to know folks and participating, but at this moment, I just wanted to say hello. So -- hello!
0 Likes

Welcome Lise!
Love your store! This particularly made me smile
https://www.etsy.com/listing/160309106/hart-schaffner-marx-fashion-ad-mens?

Jump in anywhere you feel like posting, we're a bunch of like minded folks and appreciate new suggestions!

Noel
0 Likes

Hello! I'm new on Etsy from Russia. In my shop, mostly postcards and children's books of the Soviet period of Russia.
0 Likes

Welcome Irene!
very different items from what I have!
This is a pretty postcard
https://www.etsy.com/listing/218161307/vintanaa-sovetskaa-otkrytka-s-prazdnikom?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone, I've been a bookseller on etsy for exactly a year, and I just discovered the VB Team and joined. I am a retiring antiquarian bookseller (after about 35 years) and am now disposing of the last collection I bought -- about 200 children's books from the 1930s-1950s, many first editions in jackets from a fine old Florida family library!
I've listed a some of the more collectible titles so far, a few more today and more to come, at very reasonable prices. A random variety of other books, maybe some maps and prints may also get posted from time to time. Your review, interest -- and orders of course -- will be appreciated. Best wishes for this new year, and Good Books to all ! Jim Shelton
0 Likes

Good Books, Jim! Greetings and Salutations!
We're glad you're here, don't be shy.
You have some beautiful books listed. All the best!
Noel
0 Likes

Hi - I just opened my shop last October & things are going great. Books are selling well but paper ephemera aren/t ;-< We do a little of everything: original art and crafts, craft supplies and lot of vintage. Actually vintage housewares and vintage books are my best sellers. We started out with a Southwest theme but there's a little of everything. Thanks in advance for your help and support...
0 Likes

Welcome Miss Rosa!
Check out our forums ... there's a lot of great discussion in the archives.

Noel
0 Likes

Welcome to Miss Rosa, Lise, Irene and Jim
... nice to have you on our team....
0 Likes

Some really great new shops to recently join our team...! Welcome everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Howdy all. I just opened my vintage/rare/antique easy book shop at the end of December. My hobby of searching out the closest-to-first-edition book of the ones that are special to me sort of spilled over into buying ones that are maybe special to other people. My wife and I (and our twins in tow) love to hit our local used book store (the biggest west of the Mississippi River) and thrift stores. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to focus on one thing or just continue to pick up what catches my eye. Looking forward to hearing some other's comments and such. Thanks!
0 Likes

Welcome to the team Jonathan,
Great shop! I would say to add more variety and utilize the section
feature ... there is a very eclectic group of buyers here on ETSY.
Also, we have a Team Promo page in the Forum section
where you can post any of your book listings...this is seen by
all ETSY members...here is the link
https://www.etsy.com/teams/21915/promos/discuss/15297232/page/121
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I am a bible and book protector. Check me out and see what i am happy about.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.