having issues with delete and find and replace

I have been working on updating some descriptions last night and today and I am having issues with some things im trying to delete or find and replace just not cooperating. I am copying and pasting the text directly from the listing and it just will not change when trying to sync. Some things worked just fine and others I have attempted over and over. In some cases, in vela it says syncing with the circling arrow but it just never does
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: having issues with delete and find and replace

Hey Meghan, "Find & Replace" can be tricky because the text entered (or pasted) in the bulk edit "Find" text area needs to be an exact match (including spaces and line breaks) to what's in the existing descriptions.

The good news is that you'll know if there is or is not a match before needing to click "Apply" and "Sync Updates", because the existing text will be highlighted (in blue) as it is entered into the "Find" field, and then the new text will be shown (in green) as it's typed.

My first suggestion would be to type the text you'd like to find into the "Find" field rather than pasting it. This will increase the likelihood of the two matching. However, if you still encounter any issues, please send a note through the our chat tool by clicking the blue circle in the bottom right hand corner and I'll investigate further.

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.