Product variations/Shipping options

App needs to allow editing of product variations and changing product shipping options.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
80 Replies

Re: Product variations/Shipping options

Hey Mike, thanks for reaching out! At this point Variations and Shipping are the only two sections that the platform does not currently support. However, we are actively working on them and should have them both rolled out soon.

I'll be sure to keep you updated, but please feel free to reach out at any time.
0 Likes

I am soooo excited to hear about being able to edit variations in the future! I will kiss your (cyber) feet, Vela, when this rolls out!!! LOL This is the best news!!! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
Vela when is soon? I have been waiting at least 2 months for bulk editing shipping to be added to this app. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HURRY
0 Likes

Hey Michelle -

I know it's taken longer than originally expected, but we're actually on track to begin rolling out Variations next week, which is by far the #1 request, and then ramp on Shipping immediately after.

We'll continue to provide updates, but please feel free to check in at any time.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

ok thank you!
0 Likes
CtrlAltGeek
Inspiration Seeker

Heya, liking the new look of the app, first time I've played with it since it was Hive. But is there any update on dealing with Variations? At the moment it's the only thing holding me back from using Vela. Otherwise I'm still having to rely on Zetsy, which although massively clunkier, seems to be able to cope with them, to a degree. All my items have the same four variations in size. I would LOVE to be able to re-price in one hit.
0 Likes

Please let me know when bulk editing on "variations" is available. This would be very helpful. Thank you.
0 Likes

Yes bulk editing variations is all that I need to make this my new best etsy app! Everything else rocks! Keep up the good work.
0 Likes
Wraptious
Inspiration Seeker

Same here. It's editing variations and their prices that's the main reason I joined Vela. Looking forward to the update. I've heard "next week" mentioned a few times now - I hope next week really is next week as we are all I'm sure trying to get our shops in order before the Christmas rush!

Thank you :)
Simon
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I just was checking back as it's been a month since I commented on this post, asking about bulk editing shipping. I know that variations was priority. At that time Vela responded saying that variations editing should be rolled out the following week and after that would come the bulk editing shipping.
I don't mean to be a pest but was wondering how both are coming along?
Thank you
0 Likes

Hi Michelle -

Apologies for the delay, but at this point we are set to begin implementing Variations in phases, starting with the ability to edit option-based pricing, next week. After that we'll be introducing full Variations support within a new section, and then be positioned to ramp up on Shipping.

Thanks!
0 Likes

Can wild cards (ex. .* or *.*) be used when deleting multiple entries? Such as deleting all tags for several products without having to enter each tag separately.
0 Likes

Hi Mike -

I checked and it looks like we do not currently support "wild cards", but I can see how this would be helpful. I've added it to our features request list and will let you know once it's been implemented.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Nice features if we can get this soon.
For me, Vela is number 1 among Etsy app.
0 Likes

I added some new listings to our shop but they are not showing up in Vela. Is there a re-sync button I am missing?
0 Likes

Hi Mike -

We need to make this more clear, but Vela communicates with Etsy by automating the sync process in the background, rather than forcing you to have to wait through extensive loading times. That said, new listings created, existing listings renewed and/or updates performed directly in Etsy will not be reflected in Vela until the next timed sync, which occurs roughly every 4-6 hours.

However, if you were to perform an update in Vela and click "Sync Updates", then we would initiate a complete sync with Etsy and at that time pull in any new sections, listings, tags, photos, etc... that have been created in Etsy since the last automated sync.

Hopefully, this provides a little clarity, but please feel free to reach out at any time :-)

Best,
Justin
0 Likes

Thanks Justin for clarifying that...makes sense now. Great job on getting the variations working, Love It!!!
0 Likes

Hello - Curious as to when Shipping will be added?

Thank you!
0 Likes

Hi -

The next big feature we plan to introduce will be Variation Profiles. This will be coming in just a couple weeks and once launched will provide the ability to create, edit, and save complete Variation Profiles to make things even easier.

After that we'll begin to focus on shipping, so I'd expect to see it in early 2017.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes
PuddleKickers
Inspiration Seeker

Variations profiles would be fantastic. I just began using Vela and I am very impressed with how easy it is to use. However the variations are still hard to manage without profiles so I'm glad to see that they are coming soon!
0 Likes

Agree shipping would be a great addition...shipping time is thing I change the most.
0 Likes

Can I add a listings in Vela? Then it is sync with Etsy?
0 Likes

Hi -

To answer your question, it is not currently possible to create new listings in Vela. However, any and all Active (and Draft) listings you create in Etsy will automatically be imported into Vela where they can be edited and then synced back to Etsy.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm curious about the Variations feature, will it be available soon?
Thanks! You're doing a great job :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.