TangleCrafts
Conversation Maker

Introductions

Please introduce yourself & your shop below. Welcome to the team! :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
66 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Introductions

Thanks for inviting me to the team. I sell items made from repurposed and upcycled materials, plus upcycled supplies at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftyGreenPoet
0 Likes
TangleCrafts
Conversation Maker

Welcome to the team! :) I'm Su, aka TangleCrafts. I love to play with DIY craft concepts & mail art in various forms, so the focus of my shop varies depending on my current whim. One of my main themes over the last couple of years has been upcycled postage stamps (mostly the classic UK Machin) & I'm planning to expand on that for 2014. I also write zines about my crafty endeavors - always on recycled paper!

I have another shop (http://etprintworks.etsy.com) full of upcycled (re-imagined) fairytales, also printed on recycled paper...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello and thank you for inviting me to join this team. I make simple, comfortable and easy to wear styles sewn out of Vintage fabric and upcycled clothing to make unique, eco friendly special handmade clothing and accessories https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PinkLabelMollyMoo?ref=l2-shopheader-name#
0 Likes
BeadNutters
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, hello, good morning and thanks for the invite.
(Excuse me if this makes no sense, I caught the black death over Christmas and am currently smacked up on cold meds)

My name is Lisa and I am a paperaholic. I mostly make beads using papers I have rehomed and upcycled and also work with drinks tins and fabric to create my items.
My shop is www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BeadNutters , opened around a year ago.
I work in Pharmacy during the day and at nights I spend my time doing this so one day I can do it all day!! :D
Have a great day fellow upcyclers, I'm going back to my death bed X
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thanks for the invite, I make jewellery out of books. I try as much as I can yo rescue tatty old books and give them a new lease of life!

www.etsy.com/shop/glamorousgluedesigns
0 Likes

Hi and thanks for inviting me. I make cards. My OneOnlyPaperS range features individually handmade paper panels and shapes of recycled/upcycled materials and garden plants.
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/McRtyCards
0 Likes
SquintyStuff
Registered Buyer

Hi there, thanks for the add Su :) I use old jewellery, toys, etc to make new stuff. I started out just doing jewellery but am branching out into cards and accessories in 2014 :)
0 Likes

Hello, and thanks very much for inviting me into your lovely Team.

My name is Rachel, and I upcycle Clocks. I take very old and battered clocks, breathe a little life into them, and add a contemporary twist. Most of my clocks are picked up from salvage, and it gives me a lot of pleasure to resurrect a once treasured object back to something of worth.
0 Likes

Hi, thanks very much for the invite. I have 2 shops here on Etsy. My first - ReTain ReMake ReNew is a mosaic shop with mosaics upcycled from discarded tiles, wood, beads etc etc that I find, are donated or I pick up from charity shops.

My second shop has arisen out of the first. Having collected a lot of second hand jewellery for my mosaics, I found i was getting increasingly reluctant to break up some of the better pieces - so I decided to offer them for sale in this shop. This then led to me trying my hand at repurposng some of the beads and other pieces - now i am addicted!

I look forward to sharing and seeing work from fellow Brits on these threads :)
0 Likes

Hello, Thank you for the invite to join your group. Lovely to see such creative upcycling from everyone here. My shop features products made from vintage books, papers & library themed items which have been reworked into new uses such as clocks, hair pins, pencil pots and more.
0 Likes

Hi, thanks for inviting me! I'm a fashion designer and artist. I mostly use repurposed / second hand / vintage fabrics and I never throw out even smallest pieces - if it is too small to make a dress or top, I use it to make a fabric necklace or patchwork pillow case.
0 Likes
Kezylou
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, Thanks for the invite, I am Kez I Have two Etsy Shops This one Kezylou.etsy.com where I sell knitted Bags, Purses and Accessories Mostly made from recycled yarns and vintage fabrics and KezylouToo.etsy.com where I sell Greetings Cards and Bookmarks Often made using Recyced Papers and Fabrics.
0 Likes

Hello - this is just the sort of team I've been looking for! I'm always interested to meet other people in the UK who use recycled materials for their work.
I'm hoping this will be a good resource for me to find like-minded people who may be interested in collaborating on projects, and stalls. So - Thank you for the invite!
I make Jewellery, Accessories, and Metalwork using ring-pulls, drinks cans, inner tubes, scrap metal, and any other recycled material that comes my way!

www.etsy.com/shop/tinkandesigns
www.tinkandesigns.co.uk
www.facebook.com/tinkandesigns

I look forward to looking through all your shops :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everybody and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thanks for the invite
I make housewares and gifts out of materials from my local brewery! I reuse their malt sacks and hop packets and anything else I can get my hands on.
I also blog about green issues, thrifty living and independent living at www.makersmeadow.wordpress.com
Hope 2014 is a fruitful year for us all
Lorna
x xxx
0 Likes

blwyddyn newydd dda | happy new year and thank you for the invite.

my shop is eclectic and is not all recycled/upcycled. I do use old magazines and books to make garlands and stuff; I raid the fabric waste paper bin to make flowers. I also use all sorts of old scraps to make new things, including vintage Japanese silks

Where ever possible I use recycled card & paper for cards.

Also I challenge myself to make recycled/reused packaging as neat/smart/interesting as possible.

What to do with all those bubble wrap envelopes?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello and thanks for the invite. My shop is a mix of cards and books made from recycled fabric and old library books,, plus some non-recycled original artwork.

I work part-time in a library too, so I have an ever expanding supply of discarded books! Also - I've recently been given masses of fabric remnants, most at least 1m long, some dating back to the 70s. If anyone would like any, I'd be more than happy to send you some!

Laura :)
0 Likes

Hello, and thanks for the invite!

I sell cat toys made from upcycled and recycled clothing (and filled with a potent mix of catnip, valerian & silver vine) to raise money for celiahammond.org - a cat rescue charity which also provides low-cost neutering and veterinary services.

Looking forward to checking out the other shops in this group!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for inviting me to join this team. I make plush soft sculpture creatures, many of which are made from re-cycled wool sweaters and other re-cycled materials.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TreacherCreatures
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Looks like there's some great things going on in this team, thanks so much for the invite Su, I think this is just what I've been looking for!

I only opened my shop about 6 months ago so I'm still developing my product base; My degree is in Fashion Design but I came from a strong art background and would like to get back into doing some artwork at some point.

At the moment I am mainly focused on making handmade bags, jewellery and accessories for which I use some new (often fairtrade or organic), but also lots of reclaimed and vintage fabrics; I also use recycled paper and card to make beads, gift boxes and for other techniques. I love traditional crafts such as quilling, origami, chain mail, macrame, knitting etc. and like Paczula I often find (to my boyfriend's annoyance), I do not throw even the smallest bits of fabric away; what is too small for one project is quite often perfect for another and then there's applique and fabric beads! I've even started saving thread off-cuts which sounds like madness I know, but I do have some ideas for them in the future when I've stockpiled enough! :))

Some of the products I will be aiming to stock in 2014 are handmade fabric and leather bags of different styles, purses, wallets, scarves & wraps, hats and hair accessories, various types of jewellery, possibly gloves and probably some seasonal cards and ornaments.

You will find me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest but I havn't started a blog yet! (this reply is long enough to be a blog all of it's own, i know! oops), it's lovely to 'meet' you all!

x Natalie x
0 Likes
ZebranoWoodCraft
Inspiration Seeker

Hello from Dave's Beach Hut1

We are a small eco friendly business based on the south coast making beautiful and useful items from reclaimed wood! Come check out our shop and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DavesBeachHut .

New listings up this week:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/174739397/set-of-2x-reclaimed-wood-shelves-30cm?ref=shop_home_active
0 Likes

Hi – Thanks for the invite to the team!
I have always been a recycler and re-user. From the days as a child when I saved cellophane sweet wrappers to make little stain glass windows to now when I have a house full of bits I can’t throw away.
My Etsy shop is generally where I focus on using some of the lovely fabric I have - although knitwear and paper goods can sometimes sneak in.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LeilaBadblood
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

hi i'm emma and i'm very new to this
i make bags from recycled/upcycled fabrics
and i'n going to make loads of mistakes but is willing to learn lol
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello. Thanks for the invite. I love to make upcycled paper craft items as I can't help 'rescuing' things that would otherwise be thrown away! As this saving (some would say hoarding!) is overtaking the rate at which I can make items, I opened a second shop last week selling paper ephemera (pinkflamingoephemera).
0 Likes
seek2sustain
Inspiration Seeker

Hi

We are a mother daughter partnership. We make ethical jewellery and sell recycled silver to encourage other makers to be more ethical. Most of our sales comes from vintage but we would love to make the findings and silver more prominent as this is an important green issue and recycled silver isn't easily available in the UK. Plus we have put a lot of work into the range and would like to have more variety.,...... wow that went on much longer than I thought....... see what passion will do to you thanks for the invite suggestions welcome about the silver.

Thanks
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.