Hi everyone, just wanted to get people's thoughts on this... is this really a "merger" or is Tictail just closing down completely? Is everybody going to go ahead and set up shop on Shopify? Has anyone here had any experience using Shopify for a website or Facebook store? I am really unsure on what to do x All views and advice welcome :-) Thanks peeps- NB: This post is public

Re: Tictail's Merger with Shopify

Awwww 

I just noticed that you have to have a minimum of 2 channels.

I was looking at the Stitch website only.

I guess I will wait and think about it.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Well I am now on Zibbet (tried it years ago and still had a shell store so I got transffered to the "new" Zibbet community.

Here is my about page.  I was inspired – a start:
silvermoonbrassco.zibbet.com/our-story

So this is where my supply site has landed. Yep I’m doing it, can’t hurt to have another community site, plus website, plus  – I saw people saying they are already getting sales with the new transition.

Honestly I think zibbet finally did it right! I think they will get traffic now,,,and they won’t be redirecting to their market place haha. The community site product pages now have key words like Etsy does and they also show other related products – that will be my own! Holly and I were looking at sites from their facebook page. They have changed a lot.

https://www.zibbet.com/blog/zibbet-is-changing-our-biggest-announcement-ever/

0 Likes

My other site I am transfering from zibbet is being built on WIX who has made TONS of upgrade in 2018 and is now turbo speed super fast!

I like it because it is free while I build, blog, forum... great knoweledge library.  can't show ot because it isn't published yet,:)

0 Likes

OOps! ^^^^  I am transfering from Tictail I mean!!!!!

0 Likes

Well this is what is going on in my e-commerce world.

Still have one store on E

My supply shop is going to zibbet, they have redone the whole community site /moved it  looking good . Maybe their time has come,:)No redirecting  Refreshing, no redirecting to their marketplace!, oh and similar items within my shop are MY items<<<< BIGGEST gripe about Etsy! Good flat rate pricing. 12.00 mo. Paypal ck out - With a Etsy channel being built in to track sales on all platforms channels: Community store/ Stitch Website/ E channel. links. I only have a few products loaded for "looks" there so far, waiting for the function to import my shop… before doing more. I am in free trial mode. Look at individual listings to see how similar it is to E. key words etc.

Website https://silvermoonbrassco.zibbet.com/

I will put my .com in there once I transfer more items from Etsy.

Market place shop…https://marketplace.zibbet.com/silvermoonbrassco

..........................................................................................................

*Count down has begun to get off Tictail. IMO they blew it when they forced everyone to be in the TT community instead of charging a monthly fee for a standalone. I think they lost TONs of sellers with the 10% of sales!

So...Da tada da... I am building on Wix officially and loving it. They now have upgraded to Turbo speed for those worried about speed, tons of features added last year and they are continuing to make it the best site builder ever - love it!

I am going to try and import one of my TT stores there today. I will update if I am sucessful. I don't have to pay whilst I build and get the store set up so that is a bonus! :)

Hope everyone is doing well ♥

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.