vlmkpyae
Community Curator

mainstream news now.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/07/22/etsy-free-shipping-colorado-seller-online-sales-kremmling/

a seller has been interviewed by cbs news. this is bigger than ecommercebytes. this is one of the big 3 networks, finally. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
6 Replies
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Re: mainstream news now.

@vlmkpyae 

Hi Sill.  Good interview!  Did you post this in the main forum? If not, I think you should. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

the seller had posted how she was camera shy but she'd be on the news. someone posted the newspaper's url. i found the page and left the direct url to the article. i think it should get posted on more than just an etsy forum. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

here is a thread to look at that explains the insane push for free shipping, they want a ton of money.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/Etsy-buys-new-marketplace-Reverb-new-and-used-music...

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

@vlmkpyae 

I saw the reverb thread but I hadn't seen the link to the cbs video until you posted it here.  Thanks much! :-)

1 Like

Guess the story is being picked up by various outlets. It's on that local CBS, also on msn & yahoo. There are of course the initial articles on the free shipping push. While some may live by the theory "any publicity is good publicity" I'm not so sure.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.