Where is everyone

The world's largest team and no one's chatting I know the forums aren't like they were but c'mon let's jazz it up folks.i know we all have Something to complain .brag ,cry ,laugh,joke,Bitch about

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
25 Replies

Re: Where is everyone

We're here...and there's always chatter about something going on. 

so what is it you want to complain, brag, cry, laugh or joke about?

0 Likes

Let's see my internet/ wifi keeps going out for starters. But I guess it could be wirse like maybe DEATH

0 Likes

I have a very smart as:;' sense of humor so I know some texts people take them the wrong way .plz it's my messed up witty humor that's all

1 Like

OK!  I'll be the first to complain, LOL.

I got my 1st return today after being open just over a year.  The buyer said the jacket smelled like smoke.  Neither my husband nor I smoke ... so what the heck???  I didn't notice any odors, but I gave the refund anyways.

Good karma, though!  Immediately after issuing that refund, I got a sale for a higher priced item.

Have a good day everyone!  Kathi

1 Like

I wonder if putting an item in a package intensifies any odors that might be in the garment and perhaps that you didn't notice while the item was in your stock.  Or maybe the delivery person smoked during delivery?

0 Likes

@CutiePieSoaps

So weird!  I either wash or dry clean every single item before listing.  Yeah, maybe a postal worker smoked while the package was in the truck.  If so, that's bad.

Well, I have put that return behind me already.  A return is bound to happen at some point.  All forgotten after I vented above. :)

So, I am going to enjoy this beautiful day before we get that hated word tomorrow:  SNOW

0 Likes
frighten
Conversation Maker

@MixieAndMoxie I used to live somewhere where one of the drivers chain smoked literally one after the other. I would just hope that the smoke smell would go away by the time it reached my customers. Any time I got a package myself and it reeked, I knew he was working. 

0 Likes

That was my 1st "smelled of smoke" return ever @frighten.       I was really embarrassed!

Yup, they must smoke in their trucks.  I use recycled boxes for packaging.  There must have been a tiny hole along one of the edges.

It was a Guest Buyer, so at least I won't get a 1-2 star review, lol.

0 Likes

Do you have a wood stove or fireplace? I bought vintage lace from an antique shop--didn't notice the 'smoke' smell just loved the burning fireplace!

0 Likes

@MoiraRiver 

We do have a wood burning fireplace, but I store my listed garments upstairs in a "closed door" spare bedroom away from my 3 cats.

I LOVE the smell of burning wood ... but, the jacket smelled of stale cig smoke.

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Ouch, that sucks.  Maybe the customer's mailman smokes?  Ours doesn't now, but my old mailman in NY did.  I wouldn't have cared if it was a pipe or even cigarettes, but he smoked cigars and every time I took the mail out of the mailbox it stunk.  Thank goodness this was before the internet, I'm guessing my stuff wouldn't smell so good if it was around him for very long. 

Congrats on the second sale though. :)

Best wishes,

0 Likes

I'm here!  Just returned from taking orders to the post office.  Then stopped at the drug store for a mountain of tissues and cold remedies for my son.  It's cold and damp here today, so Cocoa didn't get her morning walk.  I'll take her out in the late afternoon after I've done my studying and before getting dinner ready.  What are y'all up to today???

0 Likes

What are you studying @CutiePieSoaps?  Is it difficult to juggle studying while attending to your family & your Etsy shops?

I went back to school at age 35 so I understand a bit.  Thankfully, my husband always had dinner ready when I commuted to Boston everyday on the train ... I was gone from 6am to 6pm.  I used that all day time at school & the hour train commute to study without any outside interuptions.  It was a 6 year program.   Looking back, I don't know how I did it ...

1 Like

I'm complaining too ;{ Not sure what about but I'm complaining about it dammit ;{

2 Likes

LOLOL  some days are like that!!

1 Like

Letus complain ( lettuce) 

2 Likes

I'm working on an on-line program through my community college for Health Information Technology.  One more year to go - woohoo!  I'm actually doing much better at fitting it all in than I thought I would.  BUT, my son that's at home is 17, so he doesn't need a whole lot from me and my older son is in Vietnam with his love.  So my time is pretty much my own.  For the past year I have been pretty much letting my Etsy shop coast while I worked through a divorce and, now, work to get my bearings and become employable again.  It's interesting to look back at where we've been an think "how did I get through all that?!"

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Mixie/Moxie- I've seen sooo many delivery drivers smoking in their trucks. USPS,UPS,FEDUP etc.

That's a bummer that happened to you .( item smelling like smoke)

That's why I'm parinoid about my packaging. After wrapping my item in cushioning, I always put the item in a zip lock bag or large garbage bag before I put it in the mailer or shipping box.

I don't know if that does any good. But I tried!

0 Likes

From now on that's what I am going to do @Lionfishvintage ... I normally don't use plastics with clothing, but I have dry cleaner bags which will work.  Good suggestion.

Massachusetts speak:  "Yes, it was a Wicked Bummah".  Everyone here uses "Wicked" as an adjective to describe anything, lol.  

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Have to take  furbaby for  annual  checkup. She's a senior and I've noticed some changes in the this past few months. It makes me sad . But maybe there is something that the vet can suggest to perk her up.

She sometimes just sits and stares at my lap but won't get on it. Then I have to push her little bee hind to get her going.

On the other hand, she still jumps up on the couch and the kitty condo. So that's a plus.

Found a FREE heavy duty pet stepper/ stairs yesterday , so that was great. I put it at the end of the couch for her just in case she is tired of jumping. . Now she has TWO of them.

The other one goes up to the bed.

Spoiled much? ha ha

1 Like
frighten
Conversation Maker

@Lionfishvintage How old is your girl? I have one that's almost 18. 

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Frighten- My girl is 15 or 16 . Not sure since she was adopted at about age 7 or so.

Wow- your furbaby is almost 18!! What do you feed her?

1 Like
frighten
Conversation Maker

@Lionfishvintage I just give her what I feed my other cats, fancy feast fish and some dry that I get at the pet store. The thing is that she has some teeth problems I think so she isn't eating much of the dry food anymore, so cries for wet food every few hours. She wakes me up sometimes as early as 5 am and I'm not sure what to do about it. Even if I feed her before bed, the other cats eat what she doesn't eat right away. 

0 Likes

My feet hurt. My sandal broke 1/2km from home today and it was really hot. I didn't want to throw out my sandals and walk home on the burning hot pavement, so I fixed my broken sandal with a piece of grass and it held up all the way home!

Image may contain: shoes

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.