What does this mean?????

Well, I thought my order was coming and it was supposed to be delivered on the 5th.  It has been a month since i ordered this item.  I have been in touch with the shop owner and she has been emailing me but has been very vague about things.   This is what the tracking says:

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item.

Does this mean the post office is still awaiting the item?    It looks like she made a shipping label first and then I got this note.   No tracking info or anything.     I use tracking when I mail things and I have never seen this so I am unclear what this means.     Oh, she did say she will keep an eye on the tracking too so she has to see this.   

Thanks for any info.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
8 Replies

Re: What does this mean?????

it means the post office is waiting for your item, did you even get a tracking number , 

1 Like

All I received was an email saying "Track Package" and this is what it says when I check on my tracking.    I don't see a number no.   

1 Like

im sorry i didnt read your message completely, it appears you need to either complain to your seller and find out what is going on ,if nothing works out for you file a dispute with etsy 

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

When I first read that, I think it means booking has been made to USPS but USPS is still waiting for the package from the sender. Reading it again though, it could mean USPS on the receiving end is waiting for the arrival of the package? Maybe you can contact USPS and ask what does the tracking information showing mean? 

1 Like

Will they be able to check it if there is no number?

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

It may be that the seller has not mailed the package, or it may be that the post office is not scanning it.  When I take a package to the window at USPS and get a receipt, it always shows up in the tracking system.  However, if I drop the package in the bin, it may not be scanned for days.  Sometimes it says "pre-shipment" until the day it's delivered which drives me nuts.  If your seller claims they mailed the package, ask for the tracking number.  You should then sign up on USPS for email or text alerts.  I've found it will often show up once you do that.  You can also ask the seller to sign up too.  On the other hand, if the seller can't provide a tracking number, and they're in the US, they probably did not mail the item.

2 Likes

OK, this makes sense.  I did ask her for the tracking number but I haven't heard back from her yet.  Though, I did just convo her this morning.   I will wait another day and hope she gets back to me with one.    Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

It means that a shipping label has been created, but that the barcode on it has not been scanned by the post office yet.   

This can be either because it has not yet been shipped, or that the postal service is simply not scanning it to update the package’s progress. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.