Apparently Etsy has charged obscene dollar amounts to the credit cards of many Etsy Shops under the reasoning of 'fees due'. Check your accounts asap. Would stay "on top" of the issue too. Am also copying from my post in Bugs:

"Just a FYI for those Shops where Etsy Charged their Credit Card for "fees due", at times into the thousands of dollars: from Credit Karma:

"Square, another online payment service, says it can take two to seven business days to process a refund. ***Then it can take another two to seven business days — depending on the card issuer’s refund-processing speed — for the refund to show up in your account.***"

So your Visa/MC account has been charged $3,000. & amount approved. Even if Etsy does credit your Visa/MC back this $ amount, it will take a while to show up. I hope your bill does not come due during that time. I hope you don't have to make an emergency major purchase as your available credit may be nearly used up. 

Remember no other business has access to your Etsy Account - those sudden dollars in Etsy Acct. won't pay for new car tires or kitchen appliance if you suddenly need such practical but expensive items."

Re: Seriously - Check All Your Accounts on File with Etsy - See Bugs Forum

I had my bill set to autopay from the VISA tied to my business checking account; however, my February bill was charged to my personal VISA. 

Both cards are listed on my payment account because I use the personal VISA for purchases that are not related to my business.  For instance, if I wanted to buy a pair of shoes or a purse, I would use the personal VISA.  Anyway, somehow the CC I'm using to pay my bill was switched to the personal CC.  I've changed it back and will be watching closely to see what happens on my next billing cycle.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

This is getting even more disturbing. The quite wise & practical advice to keep your business accounts separate from personal sort of thrown to the wayside with your posting.

And as others have stated, their payment scheduling 'magically' (Etsy?) changed from say monthly to weekly & they were then caught up in the deposit/reversal/$amount less fees? snafu.

0 Likes
iDoDiY
Post Crafter

Looks like there's another aspect creeping into this.  One of the latest posts in the forum is:

"Can anyone here tell me what this payment line looks like on their credit card statement? I have a small amount $160.07 taken out by HELP Etsy. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Etsy said they contact anyone who was affected, but I was never informed and this transaction is suspect."

Seriously starting to wonder if Etsy can be trusted at all.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.