I really loved the Rainbows and unicorns thread on the old forum! I was looking forward to find it on the new forums as well, but it's gone, together with everything else! 

Since negativity was forbidden on the thread, I'm going to stop complaining and just write that January brought me 3 sales so far, which doubled the number of my sales! (I opened a shop in October.) Who knew you could sell Christmas ornaments after Christmas? ;)

What great things do you have to share? 

Remember, no complaining and negativity! ;)

Re: Rainbows and unicorns?

It is a cold dreay day here and I got a really nice sale today. It cheered me right up!:)🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

congrats. :)

0 Likes

I made my last sale in January and for some reason everything was quiet ever since, even if I expandad the number and variety of my listings... Today I finally received a convo about one of my items! I haven't made a sale but finally something is happening and I don't feel invisible anymore! Even traffic has increased! Woo hoo! :)

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

good luck, good luck.

1 Like

I sold a favorite pair of earrings today. April had been quite slow, so I'm hoping that this is a further sign that things are picking up.

Also it's beautiful outside and the snow has almost entirely melted -- again! (It had before, but then we had a storm a week ago.)

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

congrats. :) snow in april sounds freaky but we are cold here too. crazy weather all over the place.

1 Like

@philosophiacreations  That’s great- congrats! 

🌸 Happy Spring! 🌸

2 Likes

Finally!! After February and March with zero sales, I finally sold something! I listed an epoxy resin bangle on Monday and today it has been ordered! :) And it was my first sale to the UK! :) I hope my buyer likes her bangle :)

6 Likes

That's wonderful; congratulations! (:

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

congrats.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i want to say a very nice seller agreed to hold one of a very few left of an item she has after i asked her. it is inexpensive but i want to buy something else more expensive from her and combine shipping, so she said she'd hold until may 12. i told i'll buy both may 1st when our check comes in. :)

i also want to say i bought what i thought were just 4 leftover fabric panels only to find they were perfectly sewn, perfectly hemmed little throw pillow sham covers! i was shocked. i could have sworn it was just for fabric but she did all the work for me. :)

just wanted to share both of those.

2 Likes

Well it is finally getting warm here. It got to 80 degrees today!🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🎈🎈😎👍

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

wow. good for you. we might have just over 50.

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Wackadoo weather here in northern CA. 3 days ago it was 75 degrees. Today and tomorrow we have a wind and rain storm.

1 Like

It's been beautiful here for the past few days. As if someone flipped a switch and suddenly it feels like Summertimes. A lot of my plants that are usually more hearty in Spring don't seem to know what to do this year. We're glad to finally have some warmth, though. It's been too cold to do much of anything.
One of my sisters had a pretty big birthday last week -- 50, specifically. So we went ahead and had a birthday meal for her at our home on Sunday. My partner and I really love preparing simple food and there's usually lots of veggies... which isn't for everyone, but my sis in particular LOVES what we prepare and the few times we've had a meal for the family, she openly looked forward to it for days. We were really happy to host this for her. It went well; everyone enjoyed themselves.
Mid-meal, too, I heard a 'cha-ching' which was also nice.

1 Like

I was contacted by the Art Department Coordinator on a new feature film starting shooting this week, and they bought three of my stuffed animals for the set! I had to sign a release, so I can't say much about the film, but there are some big names on the cast and I am excited! Just thought I would share that Etsy still seems to be the go-to place to find unique items. This is the first time I've ever had something purchased for a production, and I can hardly wait to buy a ticket.....fingers crossed they don't wind up on the cutting room floor, lol.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

@iFeltFanciful . oh, how wonderful. :) that is neat. happy for you! which ones? i hope it's a happy movie. 

1 Like

Comedy/Drama, so some happy :)  They ordered a T rex, a Koala, and Mr. Carrot, and told me they would be featured "front row", so I'm hoping for a good screenshot eventually :)

3 Likes
weekendjewelry1
Conversation Maker

That is so cool! I honestly don't know if this sort of exposure leads (directly) to more sales, but the exposure sure can't hurt. And you can truly say in your About page, and print materials, etc., "featured in (name of film)" - once the movie comes out, anyway.  That's got to be good for your cred. Plus, so fun!

Congrats!

2 Likes

Definitely planning to do that at least!  Yes, we're having fun with it :) I told my daughters we're having our own red carpet party before heading to the theater to try and spot them.  Can't wait!

1 Like
Pedricks
Crafty Poster

Been a long time since I had the heart to even visit the Etsy forums and even read posts.  But it has been an exception couple of weeks due to sales from my regular repeat customers!  They rock my world!  Without them, I could not have continued doing what I do.  Now, off to go make more.... :)

4 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

I went shopping.

No masks, no hand sanitizer, no gloves on the shelves...

2 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Gorgeous rainbows today.  It is the hottest day of the year! We have a small terrace in the yard and took advance of it.

My son grilled hamburgers outdoor and ate with his sweet wife.

Meanwhile, my husband baked a pizza and we ate it outdoor after our son and daughter-in-law ate, to avoid the proximity.

It felt like been in a different dimension. Even been outside feels strange...

1 Like

It's an "old" tread, but we're so EXCITED to have FINALLY reached our 100th sale. We wanted to share our enthusiasm with others. Thanks for giving us an opportunity to "pat ourshelf on the back." Be safe. Stay healthy... and KEEP WASHING YOUR HANDS.

3 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

The unicorn is we are (redundant) old senior geezer people.  The marvelous rainbow is, different churches and other institutions are checking daily on us, sick people.  Also, offering any help / assistant during quarantine time.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.