I really loved the Rainbows and unicorns thread on the old forum! I was looking forward to find it on the new forums as well, but it's gone, together with everything else! 

Since negativity was forbidden on the thread, I'm going to stop complaining and just write that January brought me 3 sales so far, which doubled the number of my sales! (I opened a shop in October.) Who knew you could sell Christmas ornaments after Christmas? ;)

What great things do you have to share? 

Remember, no complaining and negativity! ;)

Pedricks
Crafty Poster

Re: Rainbows and unicorns?

So glad to see a Rainbows and Unicorns thread!  It almost makes me want to use my phone to log into Etsy just so I can use emoji's!!  Got two orders to get out the door. :)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Finally got new pictures taken for a listing that has needed new pictures for at least a year.  The new pictures aren't any better, but they are new, so I can take "take new pictures of listing" off of my to-do list. 

#gettingstuffdone

0 Likes
VooVooDesign
Conversation Maker

I told everyone about my forefinger - right? I can never re-do any of those finger photos. My fingertips are destroyed beyond editing.

0 Likes

Don't you have more fingers?!

1 Like
VooVooDesign
Conversation Maker

They don't count.

1 Like

@VooVooDesign

They don't count.

hahahaha!

0 Likes
VooVooDesign
Conversation Maker

Okay. You are too witty.

This is a genuine problem and a sadness that my left forefinger pad is now swollen, misshapen, callused, and discolored. I was hoping for a little comfort, hopeful and happy wishes for a better future, and cameraderie. Alas, it was not to be.

0 Likes

I'm sorry.  Here, look at this pineapple.

0 Likes
VooVooDesign
Conversation Maker

I looked at a pineapple and that cheered me up.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄 

1 Like
Woodsparkle
Conversation Maker

I hope the regulars 🌈🦄come and share here!

Today's rainbow, I am in a warm home! A luxury many do not have so I will celebrate it 🌈

I have a bunch of new supplies, a week house sitting with only a few distractions to use them. 🦄

2 Likes

Ahhhhh...I have finally found R & U after all these many days since the old thread went dark.  It's good to be here again.

January has brought me one sale so far for which I am grateful.  I am on a creative roll right now with more ideas than I can begin to start working on so I am writing them down in hopes of not forgetting them next time I have a dry spell.  Now I just need to find time to list some of the things I've been making.

Overall, January has been a glorious month weatherwise (it's usually a cold and snowy month), but it's been warm and sunny.  I noticed today that the daffodils are coming up which is about a month early.  We had a high of 65 degrees today and spent most of our time working outside thinning trees and clearing brush.  It is an ongoing project around here to try to keep summer fire danger down.

For those of you dealing with bone chilling cold, take heart.  It's going to rain here all weekend and we are looking at a foot or more of snow on Monday.  The weather sure can be fickle!

3 Likes

Wishing a great February to everyone with lots of sales!🌈 🦄🌈 🦄

3 Likes

Optimism isn't my natural state, but I really try to take the best out of everything...

I have an expensive shower repair that needs doing, which in itself sucks, but it's been needed for a while and I'll be so happy to have it sorted soon and not have to worry about it anymore!

I recently got a new sofa that doesn't have a certain and much-missed feature that my old one did, so I'll have to make my own which is pretty exciting! (I'll get a chance to use a new tool I just got yesterday too!)

I've had to deal with a very negative and difficult person (a family member too) recently, but it made me SO very glad I'm not like them!

Autumn is on the way (I love the cooler months here, it's such a reprieve from the blistering heat) and I'll get to pull out all my lovely shawls and sweaters again!

AND, I'm having mozza sticks with dinner tonight!!! :D

2 Likes

Woken up by a cha-ching. Glanced at phone and found another cha-ching that slipped in earlier this morning when my phone was silence. Two cha-ching for February 2nd. Though I would wish more, but I love the number play here -- 2/2. 😁

Rainbows and Unicorns all around for all here in this thread. 🌈🎉🦄✨🎶💃🕺🎶🌟🥂🍾🌟🐚⛱ Many Happy Sales to everyone! 💲💰💲😘

3 Likes
FlamingoEmporium
Conversation Maker

🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄

0 Likes

OMG!!! I did not even noticed until now! I just crossed the 500 sales line this morning with my 2 sales. EEEeeeekkkkkk!!! HAPPY DANCE! 🎶💃🕺🎶

Pink Fluffy Unicorn Dancing on Rainbow! https://goo.gl/images/M6CTNy

5 Likes
frighten
Conversation Maker

I had a little late night good news yesterday. It was very late and I saw I had a text and didn't have my glasses on. It took me a while to find them and of course during that time I was worried that it was an unhappy client or something like that so started to get a little anxious. When I finally found them, I read the text and it was someone that works at the local art store. He went out of his way to help me with something the other day so I brought him a print of my work as a thank you. He texted me last night and said that I can sell my work in the store if I want and to come talk to the manager. I'm still pretty new to Philly so that kind of made my night. 

9 Likes

@frighten Congrats Mari!!

1 Like
frighten
Conversation Maker

Thanks, lady! @ElizabethRosenArt

I hope you're enjoying this weird warm weather. 

0 Likes

SO weird. It was 61 today (and yesterday)- and there's still 8 inches of snow on the ground.

0 Likes

Guys!!! I have been happily drowning in orders as of late! I had a 7 day stretch of orders. Day 1 was 2 orders. Day 6 was 3, and Day 7 was 4!!! Then a break yesterday (I needed a break). But then I woke up this morning to 2 chachings. annnd another a few hours later.

I'm very happy, but the realist in me needs to mention that having a big assignment due tomorrow at midnight, so I should be focusing on that... oh well! haha

3 Likes

Gotta Convo from a customer who had me make a hat for her 4 years ago. She was undergoing chemo and wanted a hat to cover her head.

She wrote to tell me that 4 years later she still wears my hat and her health is good. And remembers me as being warm and caring of her needs.

How kind of her to take the time.

Recognize your blessings. You never know how you touch folks.

9 Likes

Ha! Sold a Halloween item yesterday evening. Glad I still got it up in the shop. Rainbows and Unicorns! 🌈🦄🎶💃🕺🎶 

4 Likes
frighten
Conversation Maker

@YeelisLittleCorner  I've started to leave most of my Halloween related stuff in the shop year round now. I think there are people that just like that kind of stuff in general or at least search & favorite all the time, then may buy closer to Halloween. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.