I really loved the Rainbows and unicorns thread on the old forum! I was looking forward to find it on the new forums as well, but it's gone, together with everything else! 

Since negativity was forbidden on the thread, I'm going to stop complaining and just write that January brought me 3 sales so far, which doubled the number of my sales! (I opened a shop in October.) Who knew you could sell Christmas ornaments after Christmas? ;)

What great things do you have to share? 

Remember, no complaining and negativity! ;)

Re: Rainbows and unicorns?

SwissZahlerArt,

From the Urban dictionary:  Unicorns and Rainbows refers to a feeling of perpetual bliss; only to be described as pure happiness and satisfaction. It describes what it means to finally find your true happy ending. 

This thread is for anyone to share their positive thoughts or happy stories.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
Abbeyoaks
Conversation Maker

Snakes and spiders was the negative, but I don't know how to do emojis.

1 Like
FlamingoEmporium
Conversation Maker

No no no. It’s ALL positive. Hence rainbows AND unicorns. Both happy things.

spiders and snakes thread is for bah humbugging. 

0 Likes

No sales this month, sadly, but I have been able to find some really cool stones for a steal! I'm making a ring from a faceted Kunzite in my recent haul that I adore the color of! I feel my creative juices flowing again after some winter ennui. Spring cometh! :)

2 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

The sales world is so unpredictable. I compare it with the ER or the fire station.

All of the sudden, everybody is healthy and everything is calmed.

All of the sudden, everybody is sick and there are all kind of emergencies.

0 Likes

That sounds beautiful; I love kunzites.

1 Like
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

In  the dumps sales wise, worst January ever, (Pattern is next to useless and I'll be moving my stuff before I have to pay for it), but since this is a positive thread, I do have a positive thought: we just came from the vet about two worrisome spots on the big guy's legs, but they're not cancerous, so I'm very happy about that. :)

Best wishes,

15 Likes

It's been a really difficult month, and I appreciate that this discussion helps me focus more actively on the positive. So relative to that, I'll share that I did sell a few items this month. I'm grateful for those sales.

My father is celebrating his birthday on Sunday, and my fiance and I are celebrating almost a decade together as well. So it should be a nice weekend. (:

4 Likes
ForestJewelsUK
Conversation Maker

I was surprised to sell two bracelets this week. Usually after Christmas my sales are miles apart, but hopefully my shop is starting to sell better, so that’s my 🌈 and 🦄 today x

2 Likes

Fourth buyer, fourth five star review!! Don't know if I'm good or I'm lucky, but I feel fantastic! It's such a great feeling when someone appreciates my work! :) 

I feel so motivated! :)

5 Likes
Woodsparkle
Conversation Maker

@TheGoodLuckDuck   Good reviews are , well, good ! It helps keep the motivation up that's for sure ! Congrats ! 

After a very slow start this monthI had two sales in two days Whoo hoo ! I'll take it ! 🌈🦄

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I got a sale while forum was closed, it was a surprise, didn't expect getting a sale when it was so quiet.

2 Likes

After not adding new listings to my shop for over two years, I will be back listing items again very soon! 

This past year we sold our home and most of our belongings.  We bought a 36 foot fifth wheel travel trailer that we renovated and moved into full time.  For the next several weeks I will finish up with the last of my ebay listings that have to do with downsizing still.  By March I should be back in the Etsy saddle again.  I'm very excited :)

4 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Play it again- High five! I'm so jealous. I watch RV type /tiny house living vids on you tube all the time. 

So will you be traveling around constantly or do you have a place to park permanently?

2 Likes

Lionfishvintage - We don't plan to travel in the RV we are living in.  It's too big (in our opinion) for traveling.  We might get a small, light trailer one day for traveling...but, in 10 years or so when we are closer to being able to retire :)

1 Like

No sales on etsy today but a nice one on ebay today. I am always surprised when I get sales there since I just list items and let them sit.🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈

4 Likes

I got one on eBay today too!  Nice surprise since eBay has been absolutely DEAD since the "before Christmas" buying rush.

Now ... an important question!  How the heck do you get those rainbow & unicorn emojis?  Are you on a smart phone?  I can't find any emojis typing on the PC.

Congrats on the eBay sale! --- Kathi

1 Like

@MixieAndMoxie, I am on a desktop, what I did was c/p them and saved them onto notepad where I just keep odds and ends. I use chrome and have some emojis but they are mostly smilely faces and hearts.  🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈💖😁👍👀💜😎🐱‍👓

0 Likes
FlamingoEmporium
Conversation Maker

🦄💨🦄💨🦄💨🦄💨🦄💨🦄🦄💨

🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄

0 Likes

@CatsBeadKitsandMore

I'll have to check that out ... I am a computer dummy ha ha!  I'm on Chrome too.

0 Likes
Woodsparkle
Conversation Maker

The emoiji's I right click, get a list of options and one is emoji. 🎉.  I can type in a word and it will search for one .

This is a new laptop it's one of the only things I am enjoying... Windows 10 booo 👎

Does anyone have spell check ?

1 Like

Thanks @Woodsparkle!

I right clicked, & just learned something new!  I now can use emojis 🎈🎈🎈

2 Likes
MissPussinBoots
Conversation Maker

Hello Fellow Etsy Community Members!  

My own little bit of 🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄 is that I've been reading a (new to me) fun & snarky fantasy book series while I'm slowly recovering from being sick... well not sick as much as in a flare (autoimmune disorders are the worst).  So yay for being able to LOL at these silly characters as they find themselves in all sorts of impossible situations.  

Aaaaand I made a few sales this week after nothing but crickets all month long!  WooHoo 

Wishing 🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄 for everyone!

1 Like

I'd love to see a team start up that had only two threads.  One for Questions and one for Discussions.

It would be great to have a place to go to get quick answers in real-time.  

4 Likes

That's a great idea, but does anyone have any idea how to even find a specific team? The search doesn't seem to work for that and I can't see any way of sorting them, either.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.