Phone Security App Question

I tried posting this in the community forum Monday but have yet to get a reply, so I decided to post here among team members.  I would like opinions on good security apps for my phone. Which apps have you found to be most successful? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
8 Replies

Re: Phone Security App Question

There is hundred thousands if not million of apps for smart phones. What type of app, for what tasks? You can search and read reviews and make a decision.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @buffalogirls 

I'll take your advice and check reviews. 

1 Like

DuckDuckGO  app it clear tabs and data after is been used ,so kind of helpful

0 Likes

Thanks @Sundrench  I use duckduckgo sometimes on my laptop for searching the web. I'm looking for a device security for my new phone; one that protects against malware and other threats.

0 Likes

Check for Malwarebytes phone apps. Not sure if they make any, but I bet they do. You *probably* don't need anything like this on a phone so long as you don't click links that you aren't 100% certain are safe -- plus, if you are doing anything that is security-sensitive you should not be using a phone in general. If you are also concerned about privacy and tracking when you browse the web, then you should get a VPN service. These are available on phones as well as full-size computers.

0 Likes

Looks likes Malwarebytes does have mobile security: https://www.malwarebytes.com/android/

0 Likes

I should also have said, along with not clicking links you aren't certain of, that you should not install any apps that are not made by a reputable developer.

0 Likes

Thanks @OROWoodworks I appreciate your help. I'm very particular about the links I click, but I'd feel a bit safer knowing that my phone has virus scanning activated on it.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.