It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

@psych62 

They might've taken it down because they had warned people to stop insulting each other and making personal attacks. At least two warnings from admin had been posted but were basically ignored, mainly by angry "strikers." After continuously removing the stuff, I guess they got sick of it and took the whole thing down.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i bet they are a bit nervous. it is on twitter, it is in the media, and the stock is being affected by it.

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

That makes sense. I remember seeing that warning. Some people just can't control themselves. 

3 Likes
Abbeyoaks
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

They brought the thread back now that they removed all bad posts and put a warning at the top

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

teena. of course they did. their paid cheerleaders were rallied to the cause, kind of like what russia is doing. cover up what the ceo is doing and make the strikers look bad. they love that thread now because it is nothing but drek and pablum.

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

They didn't remove posts because "strikers" are criticizing E. Plenty of those are still there. They removed posts where people are calling each other names, saying bad things about each others shops, and generally being disrespectful to fellow sellers.  Stuff that's clearly against forum rules. Unfortunately it's now starting to go right back down that same road again.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I do know in the past years when 'un-flattering' threads appear (especially with any new changes that affect sellers) they allow it to run for a couple days and then delete or bury. I think what they basically do is let the masses 'vent', get it out of their system. They know that is the worst that can happen since E will get their way and we will roll over and accept it (like always).

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

except this time the media knows about it and the stock is being affected.  just maybe it might make a little difference.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

mary, this strike has hit multiple media outlets. this is the first time things like cnn, npr, wall street journal, cbs, abc have gotten involved. it has to start somewhere. amazon just got its first union for heaven's sake. they said that couldn't happen either. they said it about lots of things as far as weekends. before unions there were no weekends.

if nobody ever stands up for anything everybody falls down except the aggressors.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@GielDesigns     You're right. Again, people are starting to attack with insults and such disrespect. That closed it down last time. You know E is watching. And maybe E isn't bothered by all the criticism because they know there is not 'thing one' anyone can do about their changes. 

@vlmkpyae    Yes, it has hit some of the media. But you have to go online to see the media that it has appeared on. And that's a shame. And yes you have to stand up for what you believe in. I am a survivor of the late 60's...I could 'pickit' with the best of them (and I did so often). So I did stand up for what I believed in. But many decades later I have learned this one thing...pick you battles. Know where/when to summon all the energies you have to fight the good fight...

and this 'fight' will not garner me what I need...and that is a meager monthly food budget. Do I like forking over even more of my monies to E? *ell NO! And if the time comes when I've finally had enough of the money grabbing I won't let the door hit me in the butt on the way out.

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SewNSewSister 

Yep- agreed.

i  also need that meager amount of $ i get from sales for my gas and bills .

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

this is not holy week this is unholy week. and a whole bunch of international fence sitting cowards.  : (

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ukraine/Russia war Sill?

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

genocide. pogrammes. not war, invasion. war has 2 sides not a victim and a villain.

mary, he knows. all this time i believed in my heart he did not realize, he was lied to, that this horror was a concoction of the elites in the kremlin. but no. he knows. austria guy told him! he knows. he can't lie anymore. everybody else knew he knows but i only just found out yesterday. i am having a complete meltdown. there is a living breathing embodiment of evil that the alphabet orgs are not doing anything about, the worst threat since ww2, and the planet hangs on the efforts of hackers and hoping for covid or a natural disaster to solve this there. the greatest armies on the planet are twiddling their thumbs while rome burns again. my disgust is not printable.

holocaust. genocide. pogrammes.  when will the world call it what it is?

i did not have russia starts ww3 on my bingo card for this month!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sill, I agree with every dam* word you said. Sending guns/ammo/monies are fine...but if we're going to accuse and pass the final judgement that Putin is now a 'war criminal' and is conducting 'war crimes' what the hell are we waiting for? I don't think it's because we're 'too chicken.' I don't think it's because we just don't give a dam* and I don't think it's because it's not our fight. 

If I can play devils advocate here for a minute please. I think it is because we don't want Putin's footprints and horrors in our Country. And we would be chancing that if we got anymore involved. OK, I get that. And just thinking that we could have a WW3 is making me want to not stick around much longer on this planet. I haven't been this scared since 9/11.

And now the 'Butcher' has taken Russian control of how/when/what the atrocities will continue on Ukraine. I have never wished death on anyone but I do wish someone would incapacitate Putin and stop any further torture and destruction of Ukraine and its' peoples.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

ww2 was not our fight either. but we'd all be speaking german now. i'm not scared i'm furious and devastated. he can't hit here or moscow would be vaporized. i have rarely truly wished death on anybody other than as a frustrated comment in anger but i make an exception with putler and these neos. they threaten europe and the free world. 93 countries agree. 58 won't say. only 23 argue and that's not very many. and i'm not 100 percent convinced that they are with the enemy as much as just selfish.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

my only non screaming project today was to leave a pic on feedback for the micro house in the tinier size that was custom made for me in january while there was still time. etsy is a real pest about leaving feedback but does not remind you that you did not leave a photo.  primavera from 1953 in a 90's outfit getting ready to paint the house i began to landscape when i got my concussion and it has been put on hold ever since. 

https://i.etsystatic.com/icm/cadfa0/435239770/icm_fullxfull.435239770_qmxv1klb8v4gw4skwcow.jpg?versi...

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you for putting a smile on my face today with one of your little people...I needed one. She is adorable Sill. And of course the house is wonderful too. Keep me smiling girl!

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

We had a tragedy this morning on a subway in Brooklyn. The gunman set off a smoke bomb and opened fire inside the train car during rush hour. 10 people were shot and a bunch more injured -- either from smoke inhalation or trying to escape.  Schools in the area all sheltered in place for the day and they're still looking for the gunman. Fortunately no one died.

Meanwhile, people are still bickering with each other in that "strike" thread, but since E's main office is located in Brooklyn, I highly doubt that the "strike" is at the top of their list today since many of them probably use the subway to get to work.

Saying a prayer for all involved and I hope they catch this individual quick.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i'm sorry to hear that, gerri. i hope they catch the demon.

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thanks, Sill. Fortunately it took less than 48 hours for them to have him in handcuffs.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@GielDesigns    Yeah, the news is giving multiple updates on the shooting. They have an idea as to who it is and there is a massive 'hunt' for the *ss. I bet they catch him within 24 hours with the manpower they are employing. What the hell is going on with our World? Maybe it's just me but I think since the Pandemic started things like killings, theft, etc. have increased dramatically. And not just in our Country.

The Strike thread seems to be reverting back (again) to name calling and overall venting at one another. A sure fire way to get it closed down again. I hope not. I take a peek a couple times daily to read the latest.

I googled E Stock today. Sure enough I saw for myself that the stock since this morning was going steadily downhill. But one day is not gonna affect them much. Now if it continues over this whole week and maybe longer it might make a difference. At this point, who is gonna hold their  breath that all this striking even with news coverage is gonna make a positive diff for us Sellers. They are just too big and focused on their greed while looking at the bottom line for approval from their investors. 

As the saying goes, let's just 'keep on truckin' the best way we can.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Have you listened to the interview with Josh Silverman? 

w.wsj.com/articles/etsy-chief-executive-stands-by-strategy-of-competing-with-amazon-11649802297?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

EVERY word was an untruth. I think it was a slap in the face to ALL us sellers. Judge for yourself.

2 Likes

Jump to solution
2 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SewNSewSister 

Thanks for that link. I'm sitting here giggling as I watch it. He said exactly what I thought he would say.

Sigh...

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.