It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

SUPER Cute puppy !!!!

Love puppies .... and kittens ... and all things with fur  / except maybe opossums !  I wish them well, but they aren't cute ! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

question about fleabay. i good friend, etsy seller, has gotten me things via ebay and listed them for me in her etsy shop. so far so good. until the last time. ebay seller was brand new, oct 15, and young. had 11 items for sale, very low. ok, my friend bought one of them for me, paid via paypal and waited. seller said she worked, too hard to go to the post office m-f. ok... saturday morning my friend got refunded by paypal. non shipping seller. she asked seller what happened. radio silence. still, now, friday, almost a week later. nada. and seller has sold 2 more things since! no feedback. i suggested my friend leave feedback to warn others and to maybe be a wakeup call to our child seller who is flaking or committing fraud maybe. she doesn't want to ruin a newbie. i understand but it's unfair. besides me being disappointed there are 2 other buyers about to get shafted too.

my question is what does ebay do with these millenials who don't ship and would rather be on antisocial media instead of actually selling what the listed? my friend said the girl is into taking photos and doing mediocre art, and she just plain does not answer questions. how does one complain? can somebody else who has ebay contact her to ask why she did not ship what was bought from her? i looked to see if i could contact but it doesn't let you unless you buy something. : ( whole reason i'm not on fleabay is i don't do paypal. my friend is in a quandary. she knows i'm upset, she's upset, but she doesn't want to deal more with child seller either.

any opinions or suggestions? can another ebay member contact that newbie? i'm at a loss. she did not relist my item nor the other 2 she sold, but she still has 8 active, ie 8 potentially equally disappointed buyers to be. sigh. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Can you post a link to the item? I'm on Ebay a lot, and do have an account. New sellers are sometimes really clueless. I've run into a few, lol. @vlmkpyae 

1 Like
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I would just let it go !   it's not correct on her part / but the " other E" keeps track of such things and all will work out in the end  !

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i could let it go, but i still want what i was supposed to get and she did not relist it she just did not ship. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i'm seeing that klarna thing and i am nowhere near 50 for anything i have put into my cart recently! highest was about 31. i had no clue what it was either.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Total for everything in your cart? It looks like one purchase from Etsy- even from multiple shops, over $50 triggers a Klarna option. Have been fiddling with it since Mary's Q. I have a $20 item from 3 different shops in my cart just to see.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

elizabeth, i have never put more than one seller's items in my cart at once on any site. i know better. so no, nothing was 50. strange? 

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

elizabeth, i just emailed the link to you. check your email not convos. thanks. i don't want to give up if i can get to the bottom of this. 

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyaeCan a bad review be left ? If she does this to you, she's doing it to others as well. She will soon not have any sales if enough people are being jerked around and leave bad reviews.

I don't sell on fleabay  much ( ha ha love that play on words)

So maybe I don't have a clue.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lion, she did not do it to me directly. i'm not on ebay. she did it to my friend who bid for me and won. i don't do paypal so i don't do fleabay. my friend is hesitant to hurt a newbie's feedback. not sure what the other 2 buyers will do. they won after that one by a few days and the most recent was yesterday. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lion, update. my friend just left the negative. 'was a gift for a friend. refunded without an explanation'

now newbie has a minus 1 and 3 sales and no feedback to refute it and 8 active listings. just maybe it will be a wakeup call. she hurt us. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
2 Likes

Jump to solution

So cute- you really get creative with these!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

glad you liked them. shadow's renders were fun. ulead was a great program but it won't run on linux. : (

the ghost mime was a yugoslavia kin doll so stained the seller almost threw her away but i painted her 100 percent white and put a bradley boudoir clown's costume to give her/him new life as yugo mimeovic.

her stripped off old wig went on callibalda, my maid marian, who is a bald 1956 bk walker original wendy that my friend got me via ebay last month, very cheap because she was bald. her walker works. 

the old pics were shadow's renders to create the backgrounds and they were fun. 

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae  Sorry- my old brain doesn't register stuff sometimes. 

well that is nice of your friend to give this newbie a break. But i think if she keeps it up, others will not be so kind.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

my friend is afraid she will be seen as stalking the girl and she fears for her business. no, i don't know why except non shipping seller has my friend's address.  :  ( 

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Happy Halloween everyone

funny halloween cartoon

5 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lol. i posted last night's diorama and the one i did years ago with shadow's render as background upthread if anybody wants to see them. they are linked to the halloween thread on blogspot where i'm a co mod.

1 Like
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Happy Halloween ! .... will send an intervention LOL :):):)

2 Likes
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

The intervention was for Lion fish !  :)...  and the vegan zombie ! 

3 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Happy Halloween!!

1 Like
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Happy Halloween !   Haven't been here in ages ... and I LOVE Halloween!   It's my first time in a very long while that I've been around for the kids collecting candy / and covid weirdness is in place !

Have to say, that a fair number of younger kids came around with their parents .... and so very cute in their costumes !  Normally have about 100 kids every year / this year was 38 .... but they got candy , and they were really cute ! 

Also live 2 homes away from a small public park / often a nightmare on Halloween .... older kids hang out / often the police are called.  There was a band of them this evening !   I was sitting on my front steps in the dark ... and saw about 40 kids accumulating on bicycles.

About 1/2 of them parked themselves in front of my home .... they didn't see me because I shut the light off / but I was listening !  Talking about bombing people with eggs / who had them / who didn't and the like .

A city beatch myself before I moved to the suburbs ....  it was kind of fun!  I grabbed a bowl of candy, walked directly into the midst of the kids in front of my house like I owned the freaking  street, and said " Happy Halloween!" ....  " I guess you didn't trick or treat / who wants candy !? " /////  It was awesome .... they all took candy / and are GONE ! .... they freaking left the area .... There are none at the park / none in front of my house / gone ! 

Amateurs ! LOL ! 

They may come back later .... but I think that if they were going to bomb anyone with eggs / it at least won't be this block !   

5 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lol. that was funny.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.