It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution
1 Like

Jump to solution

I got the second shingles booster on Wednesday.  Wow, it really kicked my butt.  I took nearly a two hour nap after work yesterday and was in bed shortly after 8:00.  I'm feeling better today, but can already tell I'm going to need a nap after work today too.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

good luck. hope you can sleep it off.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

update on ellie. '

Kieran Mod 4 minutes ago

From Rosie this morning.
Just to let you know we are all gong to the Clinic on Sunday as it is Ellie's birthday. They have a large orangery and have allowed us to sit down there for a gathering and to take Tilly. They will wheel Ellie in her bed and we will take a laptop, so if she can register, to see the birthday greetings from her friends locally in Norfolk and across the country. love, Rosie '

tilly is the dog.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

next update. please keep praying.

'

Kieran Mod 8 hours ago

Sara says Ellie smiled today!
I really hope her birthday tomorrow is the best in every way! '

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

unfortunately my co mod, kieran, has tragedy in his own family.

'Kieran Mod ~ Miss Creant 9 hours ago

The weather is good, but it's not being a great weekend otherwise.
My eldest sister has had her thyroid cancer return. She needs more tests to find out what is what. And she lost her husband yesterday evening. He was in the late stages of heart failure and had long since passed his estimated time, but not what she needed... '

his family really needs prayer. his parents are ill as well.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That's great to hear that Ellie is making progress.

Prayers to your other friend, their sister and parents.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

someone posted how a woman owning 21 mc donald's is whining about employees getting decent wages. and this reply was precious, i had to share it. 

'Jump the Snark your name here 4 hours ago

She should start an Etsy side gig and sell fainting couches to all her friends in CA in the same position. '

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

more news on my friend. '

Kieran an hour ago

An update on Ellie!

Slowly, Ellie began to register the outside world, especially when Honey was there or we played Cysgod's voice. Best news – she smiles and slightly moves head & hands. The Clinic say it is unlikely, medically, they could do much else and being at home might improve Ellie, surrounded by things to prompt brain and memory. We will bring her home when they have arranged continual home treatment. They think in about 4/5 days times. With their help we will hire a full time experienced day nurse . Ellie cannot yet walk and move very much, so we will purchase an electric wheelchair I will take Honey to and from school and my work day from Ellie's home will end when Honey gets in. The Clinic do not know if Ellie will regain any more independence and her speech is still very indistinct. Now we will all take care of her with love and hope that time will heal some more. Thank you Kieran and all her friends your end. Love from me, Sara &, Honey, Rosie, Tilly, Zak and Ovid'
0 Likes

Jump to solution

She is in for a long journey ahead, but I'm glad to hear she is making progress.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

yes. she has to remember she adopted a child and is a mummy who is needed.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

this sudden return to winter is making people ill. my seller friend, connie, in ohio, has covid again, others are freezing with snow, and shadow and i feel fluish. winter is that awful politician who won't drop out and go away but wants to have the last word...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

We've had strange weather for sure.  The plants and trees don't know what the heck is going on either.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

so far this year has the craziest weather i've seen in my life. my english co mod friend in nottingham says the uk farmers are in trouble from all the flooded farms. they can't plant crops. they can't turn their livestock out of the barns. the food supply is threatened badly and the rains won't stop.

all the money in the world can't stop the rains/floods/famines...

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

psa.

our bank sent me a warning email about all the big scams going on lately.

checks being stolen from mailboxes. fake robocalls designed to trick people, etc.

nothing on that laundry list affects us but i guess it's so bad the bank is warning everybody.

scariest are the calls to poor unsuspecting people using ai to replicate the voice of a relative to trick them into sending bail money or whatever. 'it sounded exactly like my son!', said one victim.

my guess is scammer must have heard some clip of said son on one of those antisocial media sites and fed it to an ai evil bot to replicate.

any normal educated adult would have asked for the number the call was coming from by saying sorry, connection is bad, i have to call you back. and then contacting their son or whomever to see if this was legit. but scammers are playing on the fear factor of lesser tech educated or maybe just going senile older people to fall for it.

i've been anti these sites for years. i've been furious at the misuse of ai since i heard of it. when a bank has to play school teacher. gah.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i hate usps so much! first san francisco sends packages to half moon bay, ie the wrong way. hmb sends to eureka, 2 hours from here. eureka sends back to san francisco! now it has left the city and is already 2 days late. look on a map to see how insane this is! and i can't find a way to send a complaint. there are no humans, only bots!

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

heads up. if you are reading the fora you will know that even closed teams are open. so please be careful. i checked and indeed i can read posts on a closed team. it gave the up arrow where i could have upvoted or even posted on teams i don't belong to! i did not, of course, take advantage of that. but it is concerning.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That is so odd, but we shouldn't be surprised at another Etsy glitch.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i took this pic around 2 pm ish. minutes later i smashed my head. this may be my last pic for a while. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/9f61dc3b5a296fe6068893789d54e4e173efeabbcb1714e6edc1de9de90e9e2... 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I love the fairies and the black cat in the background.  You're always so creative when you stage for the photos.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

thanks. i missed this post until today. concussion is 1 week now.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

day 4 of concussion. i'm less active online but at least i'm posting here. to keep0 this team active people need to post!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hope you are feeling better.  I've never had a concussion, but I've heard the headache and nausea is awful.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.