It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

none that i know of, thanks. i finally slept a lot so i have no clue what the weather did. the birds are quiet. no mail until tuesday. next door is closed. they are catholic and don't cook foods there on sundays, even if it would mean a crowded place today.

i can hear cars going by and no splashing. i think we are in a lull. there is frost on the dumpster not far from the window. it is locked and that's why the birds are quiet. no crumbs for them.

i slept a lot but am still tired. i hope everyone reading this gets well soon and has better weather.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a safe and happy new year!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

this is a hard day and night for a lot of people. i exist because of new year's eve of 1960. i am always sad on new years except when i was little. i liked the ball dropping thing on tv. auld lang syne makes me cry without even hearing it. for many people it is the realizing how hard the year has been to get through. for many it is the memories of people and pets that are not there in body anymore but still there in spirit. for those in war torn places it would be the not knowing if there will even be another year to worry about. spare a prayer for all of these today and tonight.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

on the other hand, we all survived and next year has to be better. i wish you all good sales and friendly buyers.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

pray for japan. please. thank you.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

What happened in Japan. My husband is footballing on TV--not a chance of a news broadcast!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

7.6 quake! it is world news.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

3rd shop in a month time. sold items gone zombie and showing up as active. at least this time i did not buy and have to be refunded, but it is just as frustrating. this seller was on vacation. the thing i wanted did not say sold. i asked her to hold for me until she got home. she said she would except it was sold months ago!

this is a very bad glitch. 3 shops in a short amount of time, about 3 weeks. zombie listings that did not die. sigh.

0 Likes
92shirts
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Happy New Year to you all. I hope you have had a good holiday season.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

it is cold. i took the empty nylon carry bag from shadow's chair and stuffed it full with plastic air bags and grocery bags crumpled to make a vertical door snake, but it only stands up to below the door handle. the draft is at the doorknob and higher. i have plastic bags leaning against that. you have to understand the door frame is torqued so the door is never flush, and the weatherstripping only does just so much.and it's only january 2.

heater is up 2 more degrees. it is not in the 30's outside but it feels like it is. so far this is not a good year. most people i know are sick.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yikes!  Hopefully the carry bag offers some help to stop the draft.  

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

it has helped with most of the draft. it's still cold but not as bad. 30 states are supposedly going to get storms soon.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

mila, please check your convos.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i have asked 8 people if they could bid on something for me on ebay and list in their shop. guests can't bid. one is sick and offline. one is going out of the country on business. one is angry about fees and said no, mad at etsy. one is already out of state and shut down her etsy and ebay until she gets back. the listing ends tomorrow. and the rest do not have ebay accounts anymore. surprising because so many sellers double list, just not ones i am friends with...

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

one seller friend finally bid for me, claws crossed...

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

prayer request. a seller, big g designs, upstate new york in the storm can't get out of her driveway in 10 inches of snow. her 90 plus year old father with a recently amputated leg had a massive stroke and was airlifted 2 hours away. she can't get there unless her driveway area gets cleared or the snow melts. i hope they will let her speak to him by phone in the hospital. sometimes just a voice makes a difference. i told her i put up a vigil. thank you.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

So sorry to hear this. Will spin the prayer wheels.

They are predicting 48" here!  I hope it waits until AFTER my doc appts! (This is final preop for my 2nd eye surgery.)

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

IMPORTANT. i don't know if it will apply to teams because if so i'll be gone and you guys will have to go track down elizabeth here.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-making-a-few-updates-to-protect-users-privacy/td-p...

ok, now it says when they change it you have to be logged in. i'm always logged in.

but if this spills over to team, i'm not a seller so unless i fly under the radar i could be gone from here.  i have no way to ask them if this will effect teams. ONE OF YOU READING NEEDS TO ASK THIS. seriously. if i can't post here then i can't protect here. elizabeth has abandoned us a long time ago. it's just me. i don't know if i can raise the rank of anybody else...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

I am just signing off for tonight and have Dr appts all day tomorrow in Klamath. I will pose this question tomorrow night in the forum if we still have power (BIG snow predicted). No mail in or out today--do not know what tomorrow brings--thank goodness for 4 wheel drive!

You might message and remind me. I might be DUH by then!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

purple, i wish you luck with your medical appointments and not to have it be so cold yet. hugs. i'll catch up with you.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

this post is on a POLI SITE NOT A FINANCIAL ONE.

'Vinic Totmole 7 minutes ago

On another note Etsy’s gone all wacko crazy holding peoples money hostage till you jump through another hoop/whatever .

Could be something to do with everyone getting 1099’d . idk '

0 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Looks like the Forums are going to be blocked for buyers completely, not just to post but also to read. To keep the Forum "special and secure". 

What a bummer. Hopes this doesn't apply to Teams too. If so, we are done.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

that is what i'm concerned with. do not delete your cookies to here. i'm always logged in because i don't log out. we are grandfathered in so to speak. i tried seeing if i could designate another seller to be a co captain but i can't. the only one still here as co captain and seller is elizabeth. she never shows up and it has all been me.

i'm not sure what will happen to those of us already here or not.

i can't open a seller account. not only don't i sell but i don't own a credit card.

so if you want to keep in touch with anybody convo their shop now. if you convo mila, mary, purple puppy, etc they can convo me and we can exchange emails.

i'm not on fakebook or any of those places. i am a co moderator for many years on a blogspot disqus chat forum and i'm happy to invite anyone i'm friends with on etsy to that.

psych, if you have social media you can probably catch up with one of the etsy groups that way, i can't. 

point is, convo somebody on this page now. there is no buyer to buyer convo ability that i can't find. you need to go through mary, mila, purple, artbesico, etc. click on their name and go to their shop and send a convo. one of them can convo me.

i hope we stay grandfathered in but i have no way to know.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.