It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

psych62
Community Curator

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

Does anyone know what happened to LionFishVintage? I saw her post on the Forum, but no appearances here in a long while.

I imagine Mary is very busy with work, I miss her.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lion is not responding to any convos i've sent her since june! she is posting on the fora pretty often. she no longer lives in california and has changed a lot and i have no clue why. i do know wash. state was not a friendly place when i lived there in the early 90's. it would be nothing like where lion lived in marin county and it would be a lot colder.

mary is out of state visiting her daughter on a much needed break. pretty sure she is ok.

this has been the worst year for many shops. a lot of my friend shop owners have gone on vacation status or just left. very few are on etsy only now, most are on 2 or 3 sites to sell.

when etsy gets a better ceo they may return.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i love it. paypal, which we quit in like 2006, just sent an email to an email box that has not existed in well over a decade and a half but got auto forwarded to our domain by default, lol. they are changing legal terms of a service we don't use...

i think etsy must be behind this.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

ok, now it's sunday, december 17. no way is anything going to ship in time for christmas except if it's within one state. so for fun i did a search of kitschmas. it is a search term. you can't believe how many things are still getting listed and not a great discounts either.

by now only digital downloads are guaranteed to arrive, yet these sellers are still listing stuff as if you could just go pick it up. i find it fascinating.

0 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

I have an order on Ebay that left St Louis three days ago, now it's back in St Louis. So aggravating. Now I'm wondering if I'll get it before Xmas.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

good luck, i hope you do.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

if you click on a shop name you are taken to their about page not their listings. some shops have insanely large pics like only 2 across fill up the entire screen! neither of these make sense. of the 11 percent of staff etsy fired i hope it included the ui testing idiot programmers!

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

crafting update 1. ok, so as i said, kate sent me her leftover flocking from when she used to reflock ken dolls for high end customers trying to restore their vintage dolls for display, not resale. she rerooted barbies and reflocked kens for many years.

ok, so there is no dark brown in the little baggies so i have to use black. either ken did not have sable hair or she used that color up ages ago. as she is sick i'm not pestering her to ask.

varvara the dollikin has bare bald spots on her head. 2 reasons. one, she was played with. and 2, uneeda's low cost doll was made cheaply in hong kong by the hundreds and there are genuinely some spots the nylon hair was not attached! like there are no holes on one side in a large section. it was not pulled out it was never punched in! no, i don't know why. but they cost half of what barbies did.

ok, so i'm putting glue on the bald spots, then taking tweezers to get micro bits of nano chopped up black fuzz and dropping them in place from less than 2 mm above. this is not how you are supposed to reflock. you are meant to have a bald head and roll a glued head in the flocking, not have 4 inch strands of nylon hair interspersed. ok, so i have to fold a section of hair over, flock, then place the hair over the glue drying flocking and hold it there, like i'm doing now. no clue for how long. i could use a rubber band around the neck but that is way too sensible.

stay tuned...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My fingers and eyes hurt just thinking about how delicate that process must be.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

our sink pipe has come apart while i was doing dishes. literally it has separated. i found this out after the big puddle. shadow went next door to alert the landlady's daughter. she was not at work and her flunkies did not want to disturb her on her birthday. he told them this is property damage not just an inconvenience. it is not night nor weekend. there is no reason they can't get somebody here. we can't run any water in the sink, ie doing dishes, etc. it is not practical to do dishes in a tiny bathroom sink, not with the plumbing here. i have the sink cabinet doors open to dry them out. the rug shadow put outside. it would never dry in here. not a fun day.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

if i got 5 hours sleep i'd be amazed. sink has been broken since yesterday afternoon. the drain pipe is separated. we are waiting for somebody to me fix this thing. it is cold and windy and drafty. we can't use our kitchen sink. the mat that normally blocks the draft under the sink is outside because it was drenched. it won't drying in the rain but maybe it will get cleaned. the separated pipe is a draft. we did not need this.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

heads up. i ordered something. does not matter what. etsy has its old show sold items as if they are available glitch back today. seller was upset. i spent a while explaining this is an etsy glitch i've seen before. last time by a seller who had sold my purchase years before. she only realized, 4 years ago, after tearing her place apart for 2 days that she had sold it years earlier!  the glitch then was items going to auto renew even though her shop was set to manual. other sellers had the same ghost sold listings come back like zombies. 

so it's back. and i'm pretty sure it is not just one out of 5 mill sellers.  check your listings, people. check that you are not on auto renew, etc.

that's more important than my refund right now. etsy, the wheel of misfortune. oh, vanna, pick me a glitchy...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh no!  I better check my shop just to make sure I don't have any sold out items still showing in stock.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I've noticed trends on Etsy where some years customers are very critical and quick to leave a bad review and other years everyone is pleasant and easy to work with. This year was full of difficult customers.  I had one customer leave a bad review and when I reached out to her, she said the most horrible things and was so rude and combative that I had to stop communicating with her.  I think what really confused me was that she was a repeat customer that was happy with past orders.

I topstitch all of the seams on the pajamas and had one customer rip out both seams when putting the pajamas on her dog.  I'm still not sure how that happened.  Anyhow, I'm really glad that the sewing season is nearly over because it's been a really rough year and I can't take much more of the negativity.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

sorry to hear that. hugs. i hope you get better buyers soon.

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

I ordered an item from a business that is located less than 10 miles from my residence and it's now across the country in South Carolina!!!

Unreal!!!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

sounds like usps strikes again! i'm sorry.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

https://fabshophop.com/images/free-patterns_snowmen-pillow_600px.jpg  when you get discouraged don't quit. get the l in there and quilt instead!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Funny that you said that, I am going to make a rag quilt out of the flannel scraps I have.  I want to use scraps of material from the fabrics that I've used to make pajamas for my dogs.

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

sounds like fun, sew go for it. ; )

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

hailstorm right now, loud.  everybody i know is sick under the weather, in 3 countries at least. here, canada, uk. winter is being bad.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hope the weather is better today and there wasn't any damage from the hail.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.