It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

Wow, that is crazy.  I can't even imagine how awful it must be to go through wildfires.  

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae  Thanks for the info. It's supposed to be better air quality starting Wed due to more air movement.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i hope so!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Lion ~ I sure hope you are right. It has been so terrible for all of you.... I think you all deserve a break.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

fleabay has been hit with an odd glitch. a seller has a listing for 16.99. just below it is a similar for... 1,699.00! as you can see, it looks very much like the esty glitch a while back. what will that do to the fvfs? oops.

1 Like

Jump to solution

You'd think that both sites would have something in place to protect against things like this! Moving a decimal point two spaces over is no small thing- that's a big oops. 

How is all else Sil? worried about you guys! @vlmkpyae 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

hi, elizabeth. yes, you would!

and it's on a very prolific seller too. 

no update on the slater/devils fires so i'm guessing no news is good news. little less hazy today. i'm doing minor crafting.

1 Like

Jump to solution

What are you making? Making things has kept me sane through this year... 

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

not making, repairing. a seller friend got me one of my very rare unicorns via fleabay, cheap, because it had flaws.

i repainted the sandals that had patches of tin foil missing from them so they would look gold to match the threads in the trim of her dress. she practically has brand new, 1965, shoes now.  

pretty much i'm restringing, restoring, removing stains and mars from less than good condition dolls and making them pretty again. 

nothing really major. but there was one doll with a broken neck almost thrown away that one of my seller friends rescued and had tossed into my last order figuring i could salvage her, which i did. i restrung her with no hooks just cording... her head permanently cocks to one side like pippi longstocking, lol.

1 Like
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how the fires started? I can't begin to image how bad living through something like that would be.

I've never tried to follow an etsy seller on ebay. How would you know it's the same seller? Unless the ID is the same. But then it still may be a different person. I do look for the same items at times if I'm gift shopping.

Still miss my cat. I now have a ginger Tom turn up each day. I am not having another cat. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

steph, is the blind cat gone? i'm so sorry.  

i did not follow her i saw the exact same item's photos/price/listing details/and seller's photo on both, and same state location. kind of hard to imagine siamese twins.

most of the fires have been lightning. a few say under investigation. 

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

I think I read that the Bobcat Fire was the result of pyrotechnics blown off during the course of a gender reveal party. I didn't even know what a gender reveal party was until I looked it up just recently. What a stupid thing, celebrate by blowing off massively illegal fireworks by a forest. I'm disappointed that the press didn't publish the names of the people that organized that party, and if they are facing any charges. 

4 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, it's the El Dorado fire, not the Bobcat Fire, that was started by a gender reveal party. 

2 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

https://www.foxnews.com/us/couple-responsible-for-triggering-el-dorado-fire-may-have-to-foot-bill

Found this.....Don't see how anyone is going to get millions of dollars from these two.

2 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@psych62  ta for the info. Like you I had no idea what a gender reveal party was. Pretty daft thing to do next to a forest. Probably never gave it a thought about the dangers.

The fire fighters looked exhausted in some of the pictures I've seen. Real heroes in my book.

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

RE: fire started by couple at gender reveal party. What a bunch of idiots. 

Some people just don't think... oh wait.. they have no brains. That's why.

Last week , driving through the smoke and haze , wearing a special smoke mask, I passed a home that wasBBQ ing. I could smell the lighter fluid and see the smoke from the charcoal.

Folks, we've had consecutive spare the air days for almost 1 month. We've been asked not to do BBQs , use fireplaces, gas powered leaf blowers and other gas powered construction type equipment. 

But I guess some people are special and just have to have that charred steak.

The good news is that there was a coastal breeze yesterday and we could actually see blue skies!!

And it rained lightly last night!!

So thankful for that.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lion, happy you got rain! we have 10 percent containment of slater/devils fire and the air is clearing enough the window is open again! 

don't get me started on those millennials and their lack of braincells! 

2 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Outdoor BBQ right now!? Give me a break! Isn't the air filled up with enough smoke?

Yesterday when I got home from work I had a lot of trouble breathing. Did not have my rescue inhaler with me (I have asthma).

I use a maintenance inhaler daily to keep my lung function up to par, but during special times....like fires all over the state...it doesn't cut the mustard.

3 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@psych62 

Sounds very bad for you because of your asthma. So sorry.

Is your med a prescription or something from whole foods?

I've had panic attacks lately( never had them before) and started having trouble breathing. Anxiety and smoke inhalation combo.

. Asked my Dr if there are any herbal remedies .  He didn't know of any. . Proscribed albuterol

Is that what you take?

Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

My meds are prescription....I see a pulmonologist 3-4X a year for check-ups and to see how I'm doing on my meds.

When it comes to breathing difficulties, you really can't rely on herbal remedies. You could have an emergency and die.

Albuterol is what is in my rescue inhaler. It works well for acute breathing problems. I've had it pull me out of many a dicey situation, particularly before I got a good maintenance inhaler. Now I forget I even have asthma, except when there's a fire or I catch a bad upper respiratory virus.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

hoping any sellers/buyers in hurricane path are safe...

3 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Hubs just informed me that the Bobcat Fire was caused by a lightning strike......place had not had a burn in 60 years so it went up like a tinderbox.

2 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@psych62 sorry to read about your health issues. Bad enough to suffer at the best of times. Worse when the living conditions do not help.

@vlmkpyae  Sadly yes, Magic is gone. She died in her wee Wendy house at the end of the garden. I sat with her the whole time. Vet felt it was cruel to bring her in and stress her out. She went in her sleep. It's left a huge hole, but no more cats. I'm getting on now and vets fees are getting way over the top. 

I'm hoping rain comes soon for those effected by the fires. It seems to be one thing after another these days. We could all do with some peace.

4 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

steph, i'm sorry. you truly did best by her and she knew she was loved. that was kind of you to stay with her. i'm sad but we know it is for the best. she's over the bridge now and not in pain. hugs.

i wish i could say anything to help. love you. 

yes, rain is so desperately needed.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

is everyone alright? i'm just checking in...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.