It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyaeI did once take pictures of all my bears. Had to for the insurance company. Not doing that again (sorry), especially since a lot of them must go. Time to clear out stuff. And a lot are still at my daughter's and son's house. Bet they want those spare bedrooms back now. Scotland.....I wish....the offspring have a fit if I even mention it. I can see their points, but it would be lovely.

Hope all goes well at the vets for that wee dog. It's a worry, but at least you have a happy healthy dog to look forward to.

I'm going to have new neighbours. The people who never used the house next to mine, are fed up paying someone to come and check on it all the time. They have decided to rent. Should prove interesting. Hope they have pets.

Yesterday was lovely, walked all around Burton. Took an hour long walk along the river. They put a lot of effort into making it look nice. Flowers everywhere. Then took the dogs for a walk around the lake, when I got home.  Well half a walk.....I was tired, so we gave the nature trail a miss. The lake takes 40 minutes at a fast pace.

A lot cooler today. I can get more done, when it's like this.

Good tip about staying in touch another way. Day to day you never know what will happen here. It's so unstable it takes the fun out of it. Hope you all have a great day.....then come here and tell me about it : )

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

steph, that sounds interesting. good luck with new neighbors. nice when places put in flowers. yes, email contacts are crucial at times.

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MilaSmilasDogClothes! Yikes .. 4 A.M.   That's good that you can take xtra vacay time. Hugs to you and doggie.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Mila please heal fast...your mama worries so about you. Blessings little girl.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i second that. good boss. 4 paws way up.

2 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Sitting in the garden, drinking tea with a good book. I could get use to this. Mind you have to do it in the evenings. Too hot and muggy otherwise. Have a good weekend everyone.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Teddyrose54 Peace and quiet, a relaxing way to spend the evening, love that =]  Hope you have a good weekend too, enjoy ^^

3 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Gonna be a smokin' chicken today, 106F (41.1C) plan to spend the day indoors with the AC pumping. Hubs got a job with the Census, he'll be out from 9 to noon but he took this handheld fan doohickey that sprays water so he'll be OK during his route. Cats are laying about on the wood floor, even with the air on. Saw General Lee this morning, gave him some food and water and he went off his merry way. Can't build a cat shelter in or around the complex. I noticed somebody set up something in the corner of the parking lot. Cats probably prefer the shaded parts of the lot. I think he (and the two feral parking lot cats) will do OK. General Lee has almost become a regular. One day this morning I opened the door and he was right on our steps, crying. He knows where his bread is buttered! 

3 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@psych62   Oh my! Where do you live? That is really HOT!! In the 70's where I live in Ohio. But no rain which we need so bad. Stay cool!

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Just came back from a walk to the post office. No sales over 2 weeks and finally got an order this morning, I would've missed the cha-ching notification from my phone if I didn't take it with me when I went to the kitchen. I've missed it a few times already when last batch of orders came in. 

Took that opportunity to take that short walk to the post office, needed the exercise and time to think. McDonald's is back to business, open to eat in too now, car park is packed.

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Artbesico   Good morning! So glad you had an order come in, I also had one last night. Hoping orders pick up for everyone.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Former_Member I was starting to worry about if something was broken. 

Happy for you too for the order last night =]

2 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@ThePaintedCellarShop I live in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles. The weather report has the temps hovering around or above 100F for the next seven days.   

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@psych62 that sounds terrible.  You must have an amazing AC unit to keep up with temps like that.

0 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ArtbesicoThe Mcdonalds here me has been open for some time now. They had a queue going right round the street. It's not my cup of tea, but kids love them. Like you I've been walking more lately. Good to clear the mind and think. I've learned not to stop on the bench and sit. Seems people are needing to talk and I end up with quite a few chatting away. I hate being rude, but I did sit there for the peace and quiet. Still it's lovely at times to hear other peoples stories. And of course, fuss their dogs. Nearly came home with another 2 chihuahuas, looking for a new home. Is 4 too many? Or am I just missing my cat so much.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Teddyrose54 McDonald's here has been open to drive-through for some time, eat-in not allowed until now. 

Lovely weather for a walk today, sunny and not too hot with a breeze blowing. 

Lately I've been liking the idea of having a puppy dog but I have allergies and also I don't think I can bear it if anything happens to them.

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

You couldn't pay me to eat McDonald's food. It makes me feel sick. It's hard for me to understand why some people are positively addicted to it.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I think the McDonalds in the UK must be vastly better than the McDonalds in the USA.  The food is so nasty I can't taste anything except grease when I eat the fries or hashbrowns.  

I liked the breakfast bagel sandwiches, but now they have been removed from the munu. 

0 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Artbesico  It's awful when you do lose one. Mine have all been rescues, and so I always think that I am helping two. The one I rescue and the one who gets her place in the rescue. But allergies are a totally different story. Sorry to hear that you suffer with those. That must be awful.

Going to the daughters tonight. First time since lock down. It's going to feel so strange after all this time. She has been here, but only in the garden, while I sit in the conservatory. She has a flat, so we can't do that at her place.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Teddyrose54 I've had allergies since I was a baby and I'm a lot better than when I was a kid so I'm used to it now. 

Rescuing them you've given them love and care, means a lot to them and a truly admirable act.

I have a thing for conservatory, would love to have one. Enjoy your evening with your daughter =]

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Artbesico  Believe it or not , there are hypo allegenic dogs !

Such as :

Poodles  Bichon Frise  Labradoodle  Portugese Water Dog –

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier– Chinese Crested– Giant Schnauze Afghan Houn– Kerry Blue Terrier

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Lionfishvintage That's interesting, come to think of it, I never thought about what kind of dogs that I would have as a pet. I just think they are so cute ^^

I have allergies in general so the doctor will probably not recommend me having a dog, sadly.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@pigeonplumtree and @vlmkpyae . . . How are you doing? I hope you are well x

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

art, july was hellmonth and it is still going on inaugust. the spider bites are the worst.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae Are you still not well from the spider bites? =, {  Still feeling poorly? 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.