It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

Oh and another 2 things :

Check any renewed listings to make sure they don't have " unknown" cause that's been happening to mine .

And I asked Etsy  support in my email about this problem... I asked them if they were trying to destroy my business.

Some of the newest listings were in peoples carts and just by accident i discovered the " unknown" processing thing on them!

I might have lost some sales because of their error and messing around with my shop.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

i'm sorry, lion. i hope this gets fixed soon. how awful. 

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SewNSewSister @vlmkpyae 

Yes i agree that they probably have to invent things to be able to keep their jobs. I understand that. But don't frack with my shop please!!

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Oh - another thing to watch out for. I just renewed an item and Etsy switched it over to auto renew. It WAS on manual.

They are sneaky. Beware.raccoon

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lion! you got a pic to post!

only you will appreciate this. i just checked tracking. usps sent a package coming from chicago, by way of petaluma, to... wait for it...

cazadero!

is there even a post office in cazadero? what were they thinking? the only thing more remote would have been jenner or duncans mills! 

only a native will get why this is so funny.

cazadero. the mind boggles. 

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Lionfishvintage 

"They are sneaky. Beware."

One of my favorite words is 'trickery'. I just like the way it sounds and it fits so many situations nowadays.

2 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae  Jeez - how did that happen?? Cazedero has a population of 420... . all kinds of weird stuff going on with the p o now .

You are in Eureka area am I right?

There is a processing center in Petaluma but why it went to Cazedero is a mystery.

How about this---- My dr  in a town 5 miles away was supposed to send me a letter. After 2 weeks i didn't get it, i asked them to send it again.

Another 2 weeks goes by .. no letter. Then yesterday i got both of them .

My postmaster told me they have to go to San Fran processing center 1st. It got stuck there I guess?

Would've been easier if i'd rode my bicycle to Dr office to pick up letter in person..

The pic!! yes i am being a total slacker and instead of working on my listings, i had to figure out how to post a Giphy sticker.

Can't believe it worked.

Here's another one for you .

Hope you are feeling O.K. today and have good weather.

cat

5 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

lion, that kitten fishing pic has been one of my favorites for years, thanks. smile.

no, we are in crescent city. eureka would have made sense!

i used to live in rohnert park, after santa rosa by montgomery high, after san francisco. petaluma always delayed mail for a day.

when i lived in guerneville, which also used to have a pop. of 400 something, in the 80's we got 2 day mail delays because of petaluma and santa rosa. i never once saw anything postmarked cazadero!

shadow says since it's a pair of vintage tyrolean dolls maybe they were trying to get some bavarian food.

wink

rotfl. plausible as anything else!

as to your doctor's letter, that is just freaky! i hope etsy is fixing its glitches at least. i know, tell you another fairytale.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
2 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

That's so adorable! Looks like you put tons of work into that.  I love the Wizard of Oz.

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

hi, gerri. thanks i was starting to think this board had broken. i set that up to surprise shadow. he loved the books and movie. i had to have the basket and socks custom made. that is not a dorothy, that is a little miss in dorothy's costume because she has a maggie face and dorothy seemed like would be more a face like that one. shadow loves the display and i finally found my missing munchkin last night to add to it, the one in yellow. she was packed from last year.

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

oh, no, that's a microscopic version of the photo! frown. i have to see if i can edit that. this board is not allowing anything hosted on etsy to show up beyond thumbnail size. : ( i had to go get a url from a disqus upload instead. no way to see thumbnails!

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Beautifully done @vlmkpyae Must have taken a lot of time and effort, can feel the passion there =] I like them all, especially the Tin Man.

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

art, i got tinman first. he was very cheap because he was broken. i fixed him. then i spotted a dorothy in bad shape and i got the idea to surprise shadow. i had the flying monkeys and the winkie guard already from when they were new. i just had to gather up the rest. the basket was custom made and i found a plastic scottie dog for toto. hardest part was tying dorothy's ribbons equally, lol.

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae It must have been hard to have to do all that without ruining the surprise =]  You had to do it all without him around seeing what you were doing ^^

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

sorry, art. i just now saw your post. yes, it was a challenge.i hid everything in the tote bag i bought from mary.

sorry, i've been very very sick and haven't checked here that often and missed some posts.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae Are you still having that cold? I'm sorry that you are still poorly, I hope you get well soon x Try to get lots of rest x

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution
3 Likes

Jump to solution

Sill I absolutely LOVE your mini representation of The Wizard of Oz!  How adorable. I think my fav is the Cowardly Lion. Oh, and the dress and red slippers on Dorothy is so exact in its' likeness to the movie!

I sure hope Shadow appreciates all the hard work you went through to get it all 'just right' for him. 10 thumbs up!! Blessings girl.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I love it.  My favorite one is the scarecrow.  

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

mary, the lion is in little feet pajamas! it even has a trapdoor on them. he is so cute. i was so lucky the seller put him on sale so i could get him for this project. the blue socks were made by pretty bomb who is going through dialysis while waiting for an operation. she made those just for me hoping the shoes could fit over them with the only blue fabric she had. they are double hemmed, which you will appreciate. i was trying for a cute version of the story, ie the flying monkey petting toto instead of stealing him, and the winkie guard looking like he wants to be adopted by the tinman. glad you like it. i nearly broke my ankles trying to get a good pic of this because it's on a low table in a narrow spot.

mila, the scarecrow is a 1978 mego from a set back then. he has a fully articulated dollikin like body, even wrists and ankles, so he could be posed holding lion's tail and looking as limber as ray bolger.  

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Oh a bigger picture =D  Very good picture @vlmkpyae very well done =] 

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

There is this thread of posts in the main forum, about happy songs. The OP is Etsy admin, so they banned us doing chit-chat but they do it themselves anyway? = |  

5 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

because they wear brown shirts.

2 Likes
FlamingoEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Ha ha. So true.

”time to shut this one down” 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.