It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

Bought some more fresh meat from the supermarket, might put some in the freezer so stock can last longer. 

I'm not sure what to cook for today...

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

something you won't cut yourself on, for one thing. i'm glad you got meat. there has to be a way to tack up the curtains, you need those. think about how to do it, after you eat something. 

everyone will be in the same situation as far as jobs so i'm sure you won't be alone in 6 months. talk to who hired you and get them to commit to hiring you when they reopen. tell them you moved just for that job! you will feel better if you speak up and vent a little. it really is expected by now. if you don't want to do that yet at least do it soon. you can do it politely.

i've always rented too. and i've been super vocal about making landlords keep their word if i have to nag them to do so. the neighbors who didn't do that always had repairs that never got done. 

for now most people are not working so you are in the majority. be sure to sign up for whatever the government is doling out to compensate unemployed people. your etsy shop can't pay your bills alone so you are defacto unemployed temporarily and deserve some sort of relief. 

i'm only posting because i care. i want to throttle your real estate agent for lying to you. 

hang in there. it will get better. hugs.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae I'm trying to take it easy and not to stress about things. I've reported about the curtain bracket but due to the current situation, I wouldn't know when they will get this fixed. It wouldn't be a good idea to let people come in for now anyway. I will just have to cope without curtains. 

About the job, it's a company I have worked for before, I was there for a few good years and they wanted me back so I'm not too worried about it. 

I've had good private landlords but never really had a good letting agent. At least now because of new regulations put in place, they can't charge ridiculous fees anymore. They went too far so probably had so many complaints that the law had to do something about it. 

2 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

My kids loved to play during  the bath time...  Well, "everything has solution in life except taxes and dead."  So, I bought maroon and gray color cheap big bath towels to put on the floor. Those were the distinctive colors for the floor towels.  That solution worked out very well to  catch all of the splashes the kids did with the ships, rubber ducks, inflatable fish, so on.Other mother told me I taught the children bath time was synonym of playing time.

1 Like
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Cereal, tea and biscuits or sandwiches. Avoid cutting any ingredient.  

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SwissZahlerArt The curtain bracket that fell off was to hold the pole for hanging curtains in the living room.

Actually I just finally had the shower curtain hung up today, the rings were delivered today, 12 in a pack and one broke while I was hanging it up.

2 Likes
pigeonplumtree
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@Artbesico 

how about "Win the War Pie" ?

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@pigeonplumtree what is it =O .  Can you bake me one of those =]

0 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@SewNSewSister  Hope you are doing very well.  Could you sew some masks?

The other day when I went grocery shopping, there were at least 3 customers wearing a mask. It gives the sensation to be on October 31st...

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Swiss. Been making masks for couple weeks now. Donating to 3 nursing homes here in Kansas. Now I'm starting on some for hospital. It does keep my sewing machine humming!

I don't think I'm going to carry in my shop. I'm not in it for the money. I just want to help where I can. Besides E is glutted with masks right now so mine aren't going to be missed.

But thanks so much for asking. You're so sweet. Blessings.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SwissZahlerArt I had chicken wings, marinated them and put them in the oven. It was a success, they came out looking good and taste was o too =]

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Why is there a metal pointing thingie sticking out from the inside wall of the oven? Never seen one inside an oven before = | 

1 Like
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

1)  So, you ask why.

2)  Could be the device which turns on / off the light inside the oven every time you open the door.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SwissZahlerArt I have never seen one in any other ovens though. Wish I could post a pic here to show you. 

2 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

3) Other theory. A broken piece.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

That's what I'm worrying about. Never ending problems...

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

art, you could ask if the owner knows what it is. honestly, i'm 99.9999 percent positive they conned you into taking a run down unit knowing all the problems and figuring most people won't care or will fix things themself.

oven, i have no clue, sorry. you could take a pic and post the url to it so maybe one of us could guess.

ok, now last apartment had no brackets for curtains. i made a gigantic rubber band loop out of elastic cording and strung a curtain to that as it was hugging the entire window frame. option two is screw in some large cup hooks and have a cord or rod go on that. or even wood nails. basically there will usually be a way to attach curtains somehow, depending on your type of window. there are also tension bars, like shower rods only thinner and for curtains, that can wedged from one window frame side to the other. they make those strong enough to hang utensils from in a kitchen so they will hold curtains. 

don't give up yet. there will be a solution. go online and research do it yourself curtain rods, etc. you have plenty of spare time. 

i'm glad you should get your job back. focus on that and on getting a decent place when you do. just hang in there. baby steps. you can do it. hugs.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae I thought about maybe just hang one panel of the curtain up so at least I can have half of the window covered but to do that I have to pull the curtain pole apart in the middle. It's stuck, my hands are in pain now and all red. 

I've also tried looking for the missing ball end of the pole, looked everywhere, it bugged me that I couldn't find it. I thought it might have fallen off when the pole bracket fell off. I then looked up the photos that I took and the video of the interior twice. That rubbish agent was moving her phone so much that it made me dizzy. I had to pause and look, twice, before I could see that there is only ONE ball end of that pole >= |  So basically I've wasted another hour of my time trying to look for something that never existed = ( 

I had enough. I'm tired and I think my hands are gonna be in pain more tomorrow morning. 

1 Like
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@SewNSewSister  Good morning:

Just per curiosity, "Curiosity killed the cat", I looked into the face masks at Etsy. Wow, 250 pages... and 208 pages of hand sanitizer.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

A lotta competition out there for sure. What I'm shaking my head at are those shops that are basically 'price gouging'. I can tell you that per mask  it only takes about $2 in supplies and then there's shipping cost at about $3. I see masks with $15 and up prices on them. They should be ashamed of themselves. Blessings

4 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SewNSewSister 

I thought the same thing about the price-gouging.  When I saw some for $20.00, I shook my head too.  That's just taking advantage.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Agreed.  Some of the prices are outrageous. 

I made a dozen masks yesterday for the local USPS workers and the lady that asked me to make them offered to pay.  I couldn't take her money.  I used some fabric I bought for bias tape that I never used.  I thought making masks was a great way to use the fabric.

5 Likes
pigeonplumtree
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@SewNSewSister @GielDesigns @MilaSmilasDogClothes @SwissZahlerArt 

Agreed.  I do not care for price gougers.  And I do not care for people who want to make money off of a crisis or a tragedy.  

5 Likes

Jump to solution

If you need a good laugh watch the video for Northern rustic weave toilet paper.  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRlBtabKRFM

4 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MilaSmilasDogClothes 

Rustic TP

Ouch!!

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.