It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

@bloelgwk 

Luna!

We're going to be in the range of 42C-43C for the next 10 days (that's as far as the weather report goes) that's 107F-110F.

At least the monsoon humidity hasn't shown up yet; it's late, thankfully.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

When I see you name my mind registers something like Blogglewocky. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@FunkyJunkyVintage  those are the temperatures of nightmares!

Tomorrow is forcast to be mid 30s and the weather people have been cheerfully telling us this for days so I'm kinda dreading it. Hopefully it'll be cooler on sunday

1 Like

Jump to solution

OMG! We paid $1,250 last Saturday for Mr Funky to have the whole a/c replaced in his truck and he just told me that the a/c went out right now! I'm like, you better call the mechanic!

1 Like
pigeonplumtree
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@FunkyJunkyVintage @bloelgwk 

Given the choice, I'll take any temperature that is high with low humidity. It is sooooo much easier to take.

High humidity makes you feel like you are hitting an invisible wall.

0 Likes
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Hot here as well .... but we may or may not get some thunder showers by tomorrow ! 

@ Luna ....  having a hard time recognizing your new avatar !   ////  forgive me if I miss your posts at times ! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MelsMix  Haha, no worries! I'm actually having trouble recognising the new "name"  too!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

they are still not done destro, err, renovating here yet! they are literally right over our heads upstairs with the giant bee and the thor sized hammers... i have been doing major housework and i'm exhausted. will they ever go away? there is not enough calgon in the universe for this...

oh, and thanks to elizabeth's p.m. info to me our 3 time spammer is nuked now again. good freaking riddance! 

1 Like
pigeonplumtree
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

Do you think Calgon really could take you away?  I've often wondered about the validity of their commercials.

Here is the question:  Has it truly worked for you?  I mean, really worked.  Like, for real?  

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

Calgon -- wow!  I haven't heard that name or thought of their commercials in years, lol!

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Neighbour is noisy in the garden, sounds like a mower but I've heard that noise often, maybe they are doing some renovation work. Some days it goes on whole day long so it's not likely a mower. it does hurt my head and stomach, it goes on and on non-stop. No chance for a nap then.

1 Like
BlackSackButtons
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Artbesico, that sounds like a gas powered generator.  They are loud and run relentlessly.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BlackSackButtons what is a gas powered generator for? It has stopped now but people are making a lot of noise they talk very loudly. There is no BBQ smell though, I don't mind a BBQ, it smells nice =]

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Artbesico  

The thing we use a generator for is when the poer goes out for an extended length of time.  Since we are on a well no electrical power means no water either.  Everyone out here where we live has a generator  for emergency use. 

Maybe your neighbors did not pay their electric bill? :-)

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

disclaimer. i never used calgon. grandma had their bath beads. i just thought the commercials were funny. 

'honey, we need more calgon!'

'ancient chinese secret, hunh?'

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@Artbesico . i would leave them a polite note letting them know that whatever they are doing that is so noisy in the yard is very disturbing and headache inducing when it goes on all day. put said note on their door. good luck.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ThePurplePuppy oh now I remember seeing a generator in some horror movie, group of friends went on a trip to a cabin and the power got cut off, one of them had to go to turn on the generator in the extension building outside... and of course the manic killer was waiting there

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae It was in the weekend and I think they were doing some renovation work so can't really complain. There is a dog that bark a lot too. Next door has their music on loud in the weekend, I can hear it playing, they probably had the windows open since weather is getting hot now.

My tolerance level is actually a lot higher now, I can mentally block it, doesn't bother me too much. Where I used to live before, there was this family with two very young children living downstairs, the mother spent a lot of time in the back yard hanging out laundry and she had the children out there with her. The children made a lot of noises of course but that didn't bother me at all. I actually quite like hearing them laughing, so happy and so cute =] 

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Why are some sellers so untimely when it comes to responding to convos? You'd think that if a potential buyer was asking a question that a seller would be responsive. But I've been waiting several days now, and these two sellers have lost me, too bad on them. Purchased another sellers item instead. I expect sellers to be clear about what is in their essential oil mixes; some oils cause reactions and if, like me, you know which oils you've sensitive to you want to know it advance. "Pine and other essential oils" or "Woodsy and citrus notes" doesn't cut it for me. Maybe these sellers are trying to not give away their recipes but it's the proportions of everything that matters. So lets be transparent and avoid having the buyers having to ask questions. I don't like having to contact sellers in any case. 

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

psyche, convos have beenhit and miss since march. they don't always go through. i always try again. as for oils you need to be careful and research well. bad oil can make you very sick. good luck. try a known reputable company first. i trust auric blends and a couple of 3p sellers on amazon. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@psych62 

Even though the etsborg claims that there's nothing wrong with convos, i.e. they can't duplicate the problem, I know for a fact that sometimes they don't go through. The way I've got evidence is that there were expected messages at least two different times from fellow sellers, then nothing, then with the second message we received both. Trying to explain this to admin? Bang your head against the wall for better results.

Whenever I'm expecting a return message, or want an answer from anyone, seller or buyer alike, if I don't receive an answer back in a timely manner I ALWAYS send a second convo.

Of course, as a seller I have no idea how many convos I missed in the last nine years that didn't go through, which sucks!

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

Jump to solution

I've purchased massage blends from various sellers on Esty and have never run into any problems. I just need to know what's in it. My skin is highly sensitive to eucalyptus, peppermint, and tea tree. I won't buy from a seller who won't list (or tell me) what's in their products.

2 Likes
Abbeyoaks
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I feel the same way, there should be full disclosure on oils, soaps,  body products etc. I won't buy from places that don't list all ingredients or at the very least won't tell you when you ask directly.

Have you ever looked at planttherapy.com?

I've heard that convos have been not working correctly lately. Hope I'm receiving them normally. I always get back to people in a day or less. I think it's important to try to be quick with online shopping since customers could easily move on to the next shop. I was looking for a gift once and asked a question about the personalization. They did not respond to me until 7 days later, by then I'd moved on and bought elsewhere.

0 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I 've been trying Twitter and instagram. All that happened was a load of people trying to sell me stuff. Has all social media now turned into seller's sites these days?

2 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Teddyrose54  It seems that way to me too. :-(

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.