I just received an email saying this:

Your payment on April 1, 2019 has been received. Your account balance for Your payment on April 1, 2019 has been received. Your account balance for Rgavneydriscollart has been adjusted.

Payment Summary
$0.20 was charged to your credit card on file.

You can review your itemized fees in your Payment Account.

If you have any questions, please contact Etsy Support. has been adjusted.

My shop has been in vacation mode for awhile and I haven't sold anything or listed for a long time now.   Have any of you received this email?

Thanks.

Payment Summary
$0.20 was charged to your credit card on file.

You can review your itemized fees in your Payment Account.

If you have any questions, please contact Etsy Support.

Re: New Scam?

Thank you so much for being here.  :).  I really appreciate it.     I might need your help in opening a shop for "Buyer" only.   

I am off for the night.    :)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

on page 5 of this thread.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/Email-from-Etsy-to-say-bill-payment-recieved...

look for a post by cheap sass witch. she says her friend reached etsy by phone and they clain it's a glitch not a hacking or spammers and nobody will be falsely charged.

0 Likes

Thank you.  I really appreciate it.   I am still closing shop but what I might do is get a pre paid debit card first to put as my credit card and then close the shop down.  I don't want my credit card to be in anyone's file after I close shop.   

Also, thanks for the nice words on my banner.  I forgot to mention it last night. :)    

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

@rebeccagavneydriscol . prepaid cards are smart. i was just a little sad because with your shop shut i didn't really get to see your art. maybe you could post a piece here on the team? whatever you do keep making art. don't let this setback stop you.

0 Likes

I was researching prepaid cards and I am not sure about them either. It sounds like there are a lot of fees.    Can I post my regular website on here?   I have a stand alone site to send to publishers.   

1 Like

I got that too but it was for $4 somthing.  It must be a joke.  Because I don't get billed because I always have sales so it's really weird.  I went to my Etsy payments page and didn't see anything about it being paid.  Weird.  

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

@rebeccagavneydriscol . not sure of the rules. i know the team won't do promos but i don't think mentioning your website is a promo just to show your work. try it. i'm sure if it is not allowed the post can be quietly deleted later without any issue.

0 Likes

OK, here is my site:    www.rgavneydriscoll.com 

2 Likes

You might have to copy and paste it as it doesn't work from this thread.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

awwww. the mouse with wings and the orchid. :) cute. watercolor. has a feel of edna everett corbett and housemouse, both. :) very nice. i'm browsing your art gallery...

0 Likes

Thank you.   I love working on mice/bunnies or any animal really.

I am working on some tiny art now.   I figure tiny mice might be fun for kids rooms.  

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

the type of prepaid cards i think are the ones sold in your supermarket with a set amount that you just use to buy things until the amount is used. or possibly your bank might have one. to be very honest we don't have credit cards only bank issued atm cards we use for everything. i have never owned a credit card.

0 Likes

I just got out of bed and checked my email as usual.  Yes I too got a message that $6.00 had been taken from my paypal for fees.  I owe the fee, just for renewals this month haven't had a sale in many, many months.  But...I always pay my bill on the 3rd because that is my payday.  I live on disability.  Now today being the first there is no money in my checking account, paypal is empty and goes to my checking account to pay anything that comes through there.  So this $6.00 fee that I would have paid on my own on the 3rd just cost me $35.00 in insufficient fund charges.  I am so done after 11 1/2 years.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

@SerenityCollections . it was stated yesterday that it was just a glitch and that nobody got charged. don't panic. they don't say why they glitched but it's in the announcements forum and it's in a thread on the bugs forum.

0 Likes

I just got the email this morning that the money was taken.  I did go into bugs and read the announcement which stated that emails explaining the problem would go out to those affected.  I have not recieved that email but that in itself is not a big deal.  What is a big deal is the problems, the mistakes, the glitches....they do not stop, things have been going wrong for at least the last 2 years and get worse and worse instead of better.  I am a very small seller, even smaller since the problems started but I have been here 11/5 years and I'm tired.  I don't want to sit here and worry about what I am going to do if Etsy makes my checking account bounce when my monthly disability is already smaller than my monthly bills.  I'm tired and I think this is the time for me to remove this kind of stress.  Thank you though.

1 Like

I agree Serenity and that is why I am going to close my shop but I am learning that even when you close your shop, your credit card stays active.    I want it OUT of etsy but not sure how to do that. I want to be a buyer but only use my Paypal account.     

1 Like

I thought about this too and I have just a debit card attached to my checking account, no credit card, I think I will just have the bank close this card and send me a new card with a new number.  

2 Likes

It stinks that I would have to change all my other billing just because of the poor running of Etsy.

1 Like

I just checked on closing my shop and it says they keep the shop the way you left it but would need a new credit card to open it. Does that mean they delete the one you have?   

1 Like

@rebeccagavneydriscol 

I think you can go into your account and go to billing... the card you have on file should be there to select and just checkmark that card and hit delete. Hopefully that works :)

1 Like

No, it doesn't work at least not with my shop open.     I wonder if I can do it when my shop is closed?

1 Like

I just closed my shop.     I have been thinking of it for ages and I am done.    Actually, I feel a weight has been lifted off of me.  :).   

Now I will work on more children's books and art shows.   

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.