What a mess to wake up to. I hope you were not affected by the colossal faux pas with payments. It seems to me the solution makes the problem worse. 

So many people affected and it is a ripple effect. Some folks will not be able to afford food or their medical payments won't go through....this is a life altering event. 

This is a corporate altering event as well. Heads will roll over this and if it goes public - the public always demands restitution and so do boards of directors.

This, in short, is a major mess with major consequences and how etsy responds will determine both its immediate and long term future.

Re: It's February 16 - trouble ahead

@Woodsparkle  that's funny that you say that b/c I was about to put my shop on Vacation Mode yesterday until all this "bug" stuff got straightned out and I was like, " oh dang it, I got a sale"! LOL, normally I would have been excited, but I was so worried about all the mess ups and now having to deal with one myself ( as I mentioned earlier, the money didn't go in my account at the time of sale but showed up today thankfully ).  It's such a shame that we can't just enjoy the process as it's intended.  Get sale, be happy. LOL   I was nearly regretting reopening my shop yesterday.  I guess I'll hold out and see how things go, but if I had been one of the shops ,whom had all that money taken from my bank, that would have done it for me...I would have closed my shop immediately.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
bythebeadtoo
Conversation Maker

Re: It's February 16 - trouble ahead

I just can't believe it is 4 days later and no comments, explanation or plan to help people who got stuck with overdraft fees, etc. from anyone in Etsy who has authority.......I find it very unprofessional and something that can only breed confusion and conspiracy theories.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.