I hate house hunting

We've been doing it for a couple months now and every time we found a house, someone else would put an offer on it before we even had a chance to look

This is really starting to grate my nerves. A house we had been watching was taken off contract and I messaged my real estate agent that if it wasn't anything bad, we wanted to look at it. I looked it up on street view and... ick...

Why can't house hunting be as easy as everyone pretends? You pick a house up at a house store and move in immediately?

Sorry for the vent, was supposed to see a house brand new on the market yesterday, tried to reschedule for today but the house was put under contract before our appointment yesterday. My mom told me we know how to pick them.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Replies

Re: I hate house hunting

Ah Moms, but take it as a compliment you have good taste. House we're in had been on the market for quite some time - the pet odors in the carpet almost warranted a gas mask so that was probably the reason for the long listing time. But here in Florida everything (usually) on a concrete slab. Immediate disposal of all carpet out the windows, washing/disinfecting the concrete slab & then installing tile along with all the other usual cleaning & painting to suit led to our wonderful home.

We did all this prior to the internet, between realty magazines & literally driving thru areas we found attractive, led to a decent number of "further inspections". 

Wish you loads of luck in finding your dream house!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

what? are these houses getting sniped on ebay or something? ouch. being a lifelong renter i know how hard it is just apartment hunting. same thing. it gets taken before you can even see it! 'sorry, that untit was just rented. however, we have this much more expensive one...'

good luck! can't your real estate agent find you a house? isn't that his job?

1 Like
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

By the tittle "house hunting", I related it right away to houses with paranormal activity...

One of the things I learned in life, if it did not happened it was not for me. Perhaps, you were going to have the worst neighbors in the world,

or suffer a terrible experience in the house you wanted. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.