Good morning! Believe it or not...

It was cold the other day. Had to bring back my blanket. Mother just can't decide the nood to be in.

Do you have a year round selling season on Etsy? I'm trying to get year round with my knits and that means doing more patterns (because we do knit year round) and bringing in more items that can be used during the warmer months.

I no longer sell internationally, so I have to pretty much deal with the four seasons in the USA. But getting items ready isn't a quick process. It will be about a month before I introduce my first year round item. Oddly enough, I'll also be introducing my first Christmas themed item around the same time.

This business thing ain't for the faint of heart.

what new business things are you working on?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
18 Replies
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Re: Good morning! Believe it or not...

It's been raining a lot lately, it feels cold. I should've turned the heater on last night, it's storage heater so since I had it off last night, there will be no heating today brrrrrrr I never liked storage heater, not a good design. 

I'm letting my wood art and art print items expire, have stopped relisting them, just letting them expire. Have just launched my T-shirts, on here and on eBay, have already had sales on both sites but slow. Working on getting them on Amazon. 

I'm pushing myself but listing is tedious, long process, takes time.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

two of my english friends, one in robin hood territory, are complaining it is need an ark level nonstop raining there and one said she lit the heating last night. in june. june. heat. something has broken the weather in the world. 

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I'm in two minds whether to put the heating on or not . . . 

1 Like

We are burning up here in California...not thinking about blankets here :{ I can barely breathe but may work on some new jewelry designs if I can stand the heat from the torch EESH! :{

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

@spookyboutique . 66 f early this morning. warmest all year, in fact warmest since last year. full sun. not used heat in about a week and a half, maybe. 

0 Likes

@vlmkpyae 

I'm so not a fan of the heat ;{ 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

@spookyboutique . neither am i. that's why we live up north.

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Spring has actually been pretty pleasant here in NYC this year except for the rain.  Normally we go from making ice on the sidewalk straight to frying eggs on it.  It's unusual for it to be this nice and it's quite welcome.

1 Like

110 today in Phoenix, already 95 by 9am. It's the price we pay for paradise the rest of the year, and we've had a glorious year this year.

New business tactics: thinking of cost to profit ratio a lot more, running numbers on things BEFORE I buy them, I'm tired of doing so much work for a few dollars profit. Also saying Sayonara to heavy breakable things unless they are so fabulous I can roll more into the selling price. 

Doing research on some new handmade things, I miss my creative times, working out a schedule for one sewing or macrame day a week, one photo and edit day, one or two paperwork (for Mr Funky's biz) days, and packing/shipping days. So far that's still in my brain and not on paper! Since I started getting more organized with my editing and listing it's slowly coming together. I photograph and edit small batches at a time, about 15 items and roughly 135 photos depending, and then I load them on a memory stick and take that to my other job, that keeps me busy for the week pretty much. I found that I'm able to list at least one item a day, and sometimes up to six, at my chiro job in between patients and my boss doesn't care as long as my work is done. The problem there has been that I wander, playing around on teams and the forums, watching youtube, etc. When I stay focused I can really put the burn on and I notice that sales have increased since I started doing that. 

I do have a year round selling, the trick is to stay the course with things that sell (duh, right?)

@designbcbBev, I know you have your designs and plans, some places can be cooler in the summer, like  you mentioned. Especially at night when you just need a little something for a bit of coverage, like a loosely knit shawl. A summer line in whites and pastels? 

2 Likes

@FunkyJunkyVintage , not a bad idea. maybe in a linen or cotton yarn.

1 Like
psych62
Community Curator

We've almost had triple digits for the past two days. Terribly hot. It went from cloudy and upper 70's to that in one day. Today the high is suppose to be 93 and then it is suppose to drop back to the '70's again for the next 7 days. 

1 Like

It's rainy today, which makes it a great day to work. I've been working on my beading lately, especially bracelets. I just have to finish photographing and listing them. I designed a new bracelet to give my son which I will list soon. I also have to crochet a baby hat for shower next month. 

3 Likes
MelsMix
Crafty Poster

Mostly working the " day Job" for lots of hours / but slowly getting back to focusing on Etsy stuff !!!

LOTS of rain here on Long Island overall  !   Probably too much rain for potatoes I planted in containers this year ..... they should not be over watered / and they have been " watered " most of the time since March !

Will see what happens !!!   I sort of think I've spent alot of time and effort to grow a bunch of organic little marbles LOL ! 

2 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Something I learned in the sales world, everything sales at any time and any day.  When I had brick and mortar stores, there was always a small section for "out of season, last of the collection or yesterday's inventory" products. If we would not keep them on the shelves, they would not (finallly) sell. 

1 Like
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

My husband disagrees about international shippings, but there are buyers in other countries. Right?

1 Like

We adopted a new cat a few weeks ago and between that and my sister's 50th birthday, I hadn't really been making new jewelry. But I've started again. It's been nice. (:

1 Like

LONG ISLAND , NY ,LOTS AND LOTS OF RAIN NEAR THE LONG ISLAND SOUND WATER , CRAFTY DAYS

1 Like

It has been raining here in Indiana for about a month, the farmers are just now getting their beans and corn in, which is very late in the season for them.  The corn will not be knee high by the 4th of July.  Went to an estate sale at a farm yesterday and came home covered in mud.

For me, it means I cannot use natural lighting for my photography, and I hate using artificial light.  Hoping for sunshine soon....

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.