Filtering for vintage gives me many handmade shops and items

It used to be that if I filtered for vintage virtually all results were vintage. Now tons of results are handmade. Sometimes they say vintage style in the description but I don't see why that would make the Etsy filter bring up a handmade item. Some are handmade with no mention of vintage, often t-shirts and printed mugs and things like that. 

I also used to be able to put a minus sign in my search to filter out certain words but now if I do that it's as if I'm just searching that term. It's very frustrating that's all. I don't know how to get only vintage results when that's what I want. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Filtering for vintage gives me many handmade shops and items

I've noticed the same issues. It does make it harder to find what you're looking for. Etsy should be making sure that even ads that come up should still fit the search terms and parameters, and I have no idea why they would have gotten away with the ability to use the minus sign as a way to filter out unwanted results. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i'm sorry, i only now saw these posts! i agree. boolean search should be brought back so you have minus and plus attributes.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

searching on google is more useful. type name of wanted item and etsy in google. just don't click on ads because they cost the sellers a lot. instead copy the url up to the item number, or search for the shop by name and find it that way. a shop name is not a pay per click the way a listing is.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.