Etsy seller survey...

I just finished the Etsy seller's survey and I was glad to have the opportunity to air some of the issues I've faced (and I'm sure other sellers have), and perhaps even be heard this time!

However, when answering a few of the question, I got the distinct feeling that Etsy may want to weed out those of us who have low sales, those store owners who aren't in it purely for the business side of things and those of us who do not want to grow our business as large as possible.

I know Etsy is in this to make money, and I'm here to make money too, of course...but that's not the sole reason I'm here, nor the reason I started selling...

Did you do the survey, and if so, what were your thoughts on it?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Etsy seller survey...

I haven't had the pleasure yet .but let like you stated Etsy probably is up to something

1 Like

can I see the link? well, if that's the case, they are following ebay... and then everything will be allowed to be sold here :(

0 Likes

I got it through email and here's the link to it (when I went to it I was informed that I already did the survey, so the link may not work).

https://atlas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cC2KgCOS21DfdVH?Q_DL=cNQ48GWHVJGBwzP_cC2KgCOS21DfdVH_MLRP_7a...

0 Likes

Everything? As in going commercial? 

0 Likes

Huh?

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

How do we take the survey? Do they send an invite to select people?

0 Likes

I got it through email.

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

No, I haven't seen it and I probably wouldn't bother with it if I did, as I don't think Etsy gives a tinker's you know what what we think, unlike some other sites I've sold on (as eBid) where the site owners actually cared what the sellers had to say.  If Etsy did care, a lot of the recent changes never would have taken place IMHO, so the less I say the better.

Just for the record, I'm a hobby shop and proud of it. :)

Best wishes,

0 Likes

How do you like ebid? Is art selling there?

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

I haven't been there since I left in 2015.  I did OK sales wise, but not as well as I do here, as overseas shipping is so ridiculously expensive.  The forums were great though and no listing fees or FVFs was really nice, too. :)

Best wishes,

1 Like

I'm a hobby shop too and don't really want it to be much more than that (I'm not sure I could keep up if my shop grew too much).

0 Likes

I also took the survey.  It was sent to one of my other shops.  I didn't get the impression you mention, though.  Maybe I took a different survey than you.   Hard to be sure since we're sworn to secrecy and can't go into specifics.

0 Likes
frighten
Conversation Maker

Starr, I would be cautious of clicking on any links sent by email. All of the recent surveys I have seen were pop ups in my shop manager. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.