I'm still not used to not having the usual Chit-chat, Discussion, Question and Promo forum sections. The old forum was like a central place, a lounge where everyone can walk in and out at ease at any time. A place where all the activities were happening and you were free to join in, meet up with others, have a conversation or discussion with others or ask questions. You get help from others and sometimes you also help others. There was a lot of information, interesting and helpful to read. You get to meet other sellers and also buyers. The old forum was alive and interesting. 

The re-structuring is like our lounge has been taken away, we are all wandering around, feeling lost. It's not easy to establish the interaction and connection that was there in our old forum. Threads/posts on the new forum are hard to follow, very easy to get lost, can't follow up so discussions/chit chat are broken and it feels cold. 

pigeonplumtree
Community Curator

Re: Do you miss the old forum?

@Artbesico 

ArtBesicowood makes a good point.  Taking away the old forums makes me go on Etsy less.  I used to enjoy browsing while participating in the forums at the same time.  Now, I seldom do either.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I'm sure there are people like us thinking this way but they might not have seen my post that I put on the main forum, I didn't get much support or responses. Comments against my post took over the support, I felt like being slapped = |  I think I risked getting in trouble posting that but well, I tried, I just thought it would be nice if they consider putting a chit chat box/common place on the main forum for everyone to go.

2 Likes
MaliakeiBags
Conversation Maker

YES, I miss the old forums because they were user-friendly. The new format is very aggravating and awkward to use. It's difficult to find anything anymore. It makes no sense why we have to join a team in order to post anything. No promos, less favorites, no translate button either. WHY?

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

It's still testing my patience, too much time spent on just clicking around and scrolling = |

3 Likes
pigeonplumtree
Community Curator

@MaliakeiBags 

Oh my goodness!  There isn't a translate button... I just realised that.

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i miss them, and i never even saw them! i miss them de facto because any forums that you had just had to have been better than what this site is running now.

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

This is nothing like the old forum for sure.

1 Like

Hey!

Just joined after seeing the link for this team on a new-forums hating thread haha. 

I've been away from Etsy for a few months and have come back to the new forums and I miss them so much. Wish I hadn't taken them for granted now.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

The old forum was more alive, informative, helpful and interesting, wasn't it.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

this was in my daily digest from overtherainbow. i thought a lot of you might like to share it. i see there is some sort of etsy link to a pic at the top of the page but its url gave me a three armed sweater...

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I find that threads on the new forum get pushed back and disappear very quickly. If you post something on there, they get lost at the back of the queue very fast and won't last long. It's never there long enough for people to see let alone responding. 

2 Likes
BlackSackButtons
Conversation Maker

This is the truth.  In the old forums you could see dozens of posts at a glance or go to a section that seemed most like what you were interested in.  Now you're left looking at the Grand Canyon through a keyhole and who knows what you are missing.

1 Like
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

I do.

1 Like

These forums are quite buggy for me. I find that on a pretty regular basis, there'll be times when I'm unable to post or interact with anything. Sometimes it lasts for a week at a time. I'd like to be an active part of the community, so it's frustrating.

Right now I'm on day two of being able to actually comment on discussions, and I'm still a little bit apprehensive to believe it. I have to wonder how many others are having the same problem & who have just given up.

- Michelle of Philosophia Creations

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

michelle, i suspect many people gave up weeks if not months ago. i joined in february but i saw january dated posts by people on the bugs forum who said they had given up even trying to read posts let alone contribute. it's terrible. glad you can post now. :)

side note, people, paypal's trainwreck of a forum is hosted by the same geniuses who run this one... paypal has all sorts of glitches going on too...

2 Likes
normasbath
Conversation Maker

I so definitely miss the old forums! but life is full of changes..

1 Like

I hate the new forums. I only occassionally look in. The old forums were cosy and familiar but now it feels like trying to comunicate across a large empty room.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Started a thread on the main forum 2 hours ago, it has got buried and had zero reply. There isn't really any point asking a question on there now is there. The interaction is non existence.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

art, that is why i don't make threads there. sorry you got ignored. post it here instead? i hope you are feeling better.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

It's ok Sil, doesn't matter, it got 4 replies then it got buried deep, how exciting eh.

1 Like

I miss the old forum particularly the actual presence and participation of admin in the Bugs forum. Now it's like shouting into the wind. No one from Etsy hears or cares if there is a problem.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

true, unless a mod doesn't like what you say...

1 Like

Then you vanish like smoke in the wind.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

It's like walking on eggshells? 

I can also see some people trying very hard to get on the good side too

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I think I now understand why it's very hard to follow through a thread on the new forum. If say you post a reply, then if someone responded but they didn't address/mention you with the @ symbol, so unless you go back to that thread to keep checking, you would never know if you had any responses. We don't get notification for it if they don't mention you in their reply. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.