I'm still not used to not having the usual Chit-chat, Discussion, Question and Promo forum sections. The old forum was like a central place, a lounge where everyone can walk in and out at ease at any time. A place where all the activities were happening and you were free to join in, meet up with others, have a conversation or discussion with others or ask questions. You get help from others and sometimes you also help others. There was a lot of information, interesting and helpful to read. You get to meet other sellers and also buyers. The old forum was alive and interesting. 

The re-structuring is like our lounge has been taken away, we are all wandering around, feeling lost. It's not easy to establish the interaction and connection that was there in our old forum. Threads/posts on the new forum are hard to follow, very easy to get lost, can't follow up so discussions/chit chat are broken and it feels cold. 

BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

Re: Do you miss the old forum?

I miss it, because the simplicity and the very few sections was really all that was needed. Bigger is not always better, but now there's a ton of categories and it's all overkill and micromanagement.

It's good that there is still a feed/list of latest postings but why did they put it halfway down and already very long page of those boxy category illustrations, scrolling scrolling scrolling where nobody easily finds it? People have even asked and had to be told there was still a list of latest posts from all categories. Everything about these new forums is just dumb and counterintuitive.

I say that even though I have adjusted fairly well to finding my way around, but adjusted doesn't mean the same thing as happy, adjusted doesn't mean it's okay. I still freaking hate it and it's another nail in the coffin in my ever-growing impression of Etsy being completely messed up and out of touch with its own users.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I just find it kinda empty and cold on here now. A lot of scrolling and clicking, then nothing... almost dead quiet at all times, probably due to posts all scattered and hard to find/follow up. 

3 Likes
psych62
Community Curator

I miss the old forum. I miss many old friends. I can't find them anymore. But I'm trying to make the best of it here, I'm glad there is still community, even though it is slower and smaller. I enjoy posting. I sincerely hope anyone who has joined doesn't drop out now.

One thing that is sad about the new forum is that it is a sellers only forum now, by and large. Although buyers only, like myself, were rare, we were there. I had an opportunity to ask questions and put in my two cents. No more. When I saw the new forum, I instantly thought "Well, this is it, no place for you here." 

2 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

psych62, I'm glad you are still around!

Even though it feels like there's no place for buyer-only people to be here, you and others like you definitely belong and should still keep posting! You contribute so much to any discussion, and it's a valuable point of view that you have to offer. Never feel that there's no place for you on these new forums! You are a vital part of this community and I hope you always stay.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Hey psych62, I miss familiar names popping in too, don't seem to see them in the open main forum anymore. Miss the discussion, chit chat and interaction. I think we have lost both sellers and buyers on here = {

2 Likes
9ElizabethStreet
Conversation Maker

I miss not being able to find what I'm looking for more easily than I'm not finding it now.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I just feel lost, like I wake up finding myself in a new town. I can find the building but everything inside the building has changed, I keep walking around, going from one room to another, just can't find anything or anyone anymore. 

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I find it less informative too, less people ask questions and less people answer questions.

1 Like

It's like going to IKEA - round and round until you feel too dizzy to stay!

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@JJ's Ikea... you reminded me of my last trip to Ikea, I got lost going round and round, couldn't find the exit. My friend had the same experience too. I think they designed the layout purposely that way to trap you inside so they can keep you there longer, they make you go round and round and hoping that the more browsing leads to more sales =D

1 Like
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Yes, I do miss the old forums, as aside from the rampant censorship on the new forums, it's very difficult to find anything.  The old camaraderie of the forums is gone, thank goodness we can chat here.

Best wishes,

4 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Rapport and interaction are a lot less as compared to the old forum yes 

0 Likes

I totally agree.  I am used to navigating the new forum but it just doesn't feel right at all.  You can't see at a glance the bigger picture of who is about and what is going on and I feel less inclined to log in and join in.  

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I find myself clicking on shops to look a lot less than before, if others tend to do the same then this definitely will have an impact on traffic/views/sales.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Been away 3 hours, came back on here and see still no activities, not much going on. The old forum was so different. We must have lost a lot of people on here, both sellers and buyers.

2 Likes

Divide and conquer!  We are all floundering in random places unable to link up. 

0 Likes

@JJJewellerySupplies definitely divide and conquer! 

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@JJ & @CC I think you are right on that, we are all scattered around popping up at random places and time, unable to link up.

0 Likes

Yes I miss it very much.  It's now a confusing maze which takes more effort to see what's going on & who is posting.  As a result I just don't come here very often anymore.  I've been hanging out on other boards but I still want to connect with my Etsy family...I just feel like I lost that home.

I wonder just how much less activity there is now?  Has Etsy noticed and do they even care?

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@SignsByDiane, I've been wondering about the same too, just how much less activitiy there is now on the forum. I believe many of us have stopped coming on here as often as before. 

0 Likes

@SignsByDiane

Yes Diane, they’ve noticed and no, they don’t care!

I need to be careful with any ‘pointed’ critique though, or mention of bad behaviour, for fear of having my post arbitrarily removed.

Melina.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I also wonder if sales, in general, have gone down, for the whole site.

0 Likes

I don't go to them anymore, I very rarely remember to have a look at my teams as well now. I see the forumns as a business only place and as I don't feel I have any issues at the moment with my business I feel no need to go there.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Teams are a lot quieter than the main old forum. 

I think Etsy aimed to change the forum to make this more business mainly for everyone so I guess they have achieved what they planned for. However, with less people, both sellers and buyers, frequent the forum, there must have an impact on traffic and sales. Wouldn't this bring in less profit for Etsy?  

0 Likes
bythebeadtoo
Conversation Maker

The old forums were soooooo much better.  I really feel like we are being manipulated into not being able to get together now.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.