ThePhDshop
Inspiration Seeker

Do sellers' stories matter on Etsy?

Hello everyone,

I am Donato, a Researcher at the University of Bologna with a passion for Etsy and the world of crafting. I am an Etsy seller (and avid buyer) myself! 

I am glad to be part of this group, it seems that you are the only one that has not been conquered by pr!  Keep hanging in there, guys!

With this post, I hope to spark a conversation around the relevance of storytelling in crafting. In my view,  sellers' stories are essential to connect the object to the maker's lifestyle and infuse a craft with a significant symbolic meaning that better communicates its value. What is your take on that, based on your experience?

The power of storytelling in communicating the value of craft items and supporting creative people to share their uniqueness is at the heart of my academic research ( I tried to reconcile my passion for crafting with my Academic daily job). I want to understand better what other sellers think, and I am trying to collect as many voices as possible. I would be grateful if you could help me and fill in this short survey (just three questions).

https://unibodisa.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7Q9v6zsZmdl91f8

If you want to know more about this research, please feel free to get in touch!

Thank you!

Donato

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Replies
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Re: Do sellers' stories matter on Etsy?

hi. just did. welcome to the team. as you read we don't do promos or that sort of thing. we are all very supportive of each other and it's like a large koffee klatch because the other stuff can be dealt with on the main fora. 

1 Like
ThePhDshop
Inspiration Seeker

Many Thanks! I appreciate your support

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

you're welcome. please feel free to post on our main thread and get to know us here. we don't bite. much. : ) it's the very long no topic thread we mainly use.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.