Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Artyah down? Closed?

Has Artyah closed down? Site is not there anymore?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
32 Replies
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Re: Artyah down? Closed?

https://notopening.com/site/artyah.com

i went to check. looks like some can get to it, others can't. i'm one who can't.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

When I went to that link you posted here, I got this . . .

"artyah.com is down.
It's not just you. The website is not responding to anyone."

1 Like
iDoDiY
Post Crafter

On a coffee break from making Easter dinner - read this and googled.  It really does look like the site is down.  But could that be for repairs, expansion?  I have a small, neglected shop there and haven't heard a word.  I'm assuming that if it was closing, wouldn't there be some sort of "sorry, folks" to shop owners?

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Me too, I've forgotten to go on there to check for some time now, nothing ever happened on there.

1 Like
iDoDiY
Post Crafter

@Artbesico  yeah, they really dropped the ball on that one.  When Etsy started the major changes a few years back, people were flodding to Artyah but they didn't know what to do with it.   Too bad. 

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

And now the site is down = |

1 Like

@iDoDiYI think probably they were just overwhelmed. I used to live in the area they operated from and it is a very very tiny  town in the Sierra foothills. I could just imagine that originally they were a mom/pop type operation , operating out of their home. When I first opened my little shop there was when they said they were hiring some techies to help.  I am guessing that they simply became overwhelmed with the influx of fed up Etsy sellers, but there did not seem to be many buyers  so a lot of us, unfortunately  neglected our shops and so------

It's a shame they are shut down. Every one of the now "big" sites such as eBay, Etsy, Amazon had to start somewhere. The big stumbling block seems to be getting buyers to a site.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I don't think they have closed down, maybe just some technical issue that the site is down, I wouldn't know. I haven't tried going on there for quite some time, was just surprised when it wasn't there anymore when I went to look today.

0 Likes

Maybe they just are having server issues?   How long has it been going on for?

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I will go look again later, see if it's back up or still down.

1 Like

@Artbesico.  The site is closed. The forums are still open. See my post below for info I know so far.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@SewNSewSister thanks for confirming so I can stop going back to check if it's just temporary down.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Still getting the "www.artyah.com’s server IP address could not be found" message

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Ahwwww...that's a shame. I signed up with them when they 1st started and after no sales for 6 or 7 months , i closed.

But I liked the owner and the concept and was hoping it would be a success for others.

2 Likes

Was there for a year and had 1 sale (from another shop there). Craig said he would have a more up to date site after first of year. We all waited and continued to support him. My shop was in Vaca mode as were many others during the wait. Then after much discussions in the forums about not being able to get to our shops and nothing was heard from him he announced it was just too expensive for him to continue so he was closing up. He said he was going to change servers, but could not give us a date for that.

He had closed down a week prior to his announcement and none of us knew! The forums are still operating though. They were never shut down. There are still some hangers-on waiting for Craig to re-open. Hope is eternal I guess. It was just such a crappy way to treat all those that supported him for 2 years.

3 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

How to get to the forum? Is it not on the main website? 

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I suppose it's not easy to run a website, it needs people with expertise in different areas covering marketing, business, technical, law & regulations and maybe more. 

2 Likes

Here is the Forum address. Unless you're a member you won't be able to post.

https://artyah.discussion.community/latest

No, it's not easy to set up and run a website. But it's also not fair to keep hopes and dreams going for over a year with promises  and then just bow out without telling anyone. Only because of pressure created in the forums did he finally tell us he had closed down a WEEK after the fact. Very cut and dry. No apologies to the sellers. He did say he was going to change servers, but didn't know when. General consenses is he won't be back...and if he does come back he has burned too many bridges to get us to invest again.

Just so sad. We all enjoyed as Sellers being treated with the respect he showed us. We get it so seldom it seems. That respect vanished instantly with so many of us when he pulled the rug out from under us WITHOUT any warning. There was no respect in that. It truly is sad.

2 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

I understand what you are saying, it does seem unprofessional not making an official announcement that they were closing down. 

I had an account on there and could log in on the website when the website was up but I just tried logging in on the forum, it won't let me? 

1 Like

Was your account still active artbesicowood? Remember, all shops no longer exist and no further privileges like access to the forums exist is my guess. And you had to be a forum member beforehand. Did you belong to the forums before?

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

@SewNSewSister no I wasn't aware that there was a forum on there = (

1 Like
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

OK, on Saturday, April 20th, I tried to open the webpage in order to post paintings in Twitter and... ooppss, did not open.

1 Like

Its sad it shut down.  Last time I heard for them they seemed to be beginning to rank well even though there might not have been much shop traffic.  Also big places like Etsy Ebay and Amazon all have one thing in common; they started at least 10 years ago, and the internet was a different place then.  They had the advantage of being there when e-commerce was really starting to take off. It was more experimental. I wouldnt be surprised if in the future big dominating websites like Amazon and Uber force all the little guys out.

3 Likes

I started a shop there... spent days rewriting my listings for it.  One really good sale of several pieces to one person who gave me an excellent review and then found that if a customer/member leaves the site, the sales record leaves and the review goes away, too.  Without warning, any expired listings disappeared, too, after a certain time (was used to them just being there on Etsy 'til i was ready to re-list.)  It seems that Craig hired tech people who were just not good at all.  They did cruddy work on the site for over a year before he wised up that they were basically incompetent.  He tried to start over with new tech people but it was apparently too little, too late -- too much time wasted in the doldrums with nothing happening.

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.