BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

A Pattern question

If anyone uses Pattern, how do you get traffic to your Pattern shop?  I've added a notice about it with a link in my Shop Announcement and also at the end of all my listings, (plus adding the website link Etsy provides), but so far I seem to be the only one visiting it. 

Sorry for the shop question, I promise I won't ask any more today. :)

Best wishes,

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Re: A Pattern question

This is not Textured Vegetable Protein. :)

Best wishes,

0 Likes

I think I have a few items there but have no idea how they got there or how to work it EEK :{

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

I set it up and I stupidly thought Etsy traffic would also go to Pattern, especially with the link, but I see I was mistaken, at least so far.  I'll give it another month before I call it quits though, so it has some time to get off the ground.

Best wishes, 

0 Likes
Quadracove
Inspiration Seeker

Go to the marketing section on your pattern page. Here you can add links to facebook, pinterest, google and mail chimp. You can then post your items and advertise them on your social media.

Also you can start your own blog.

Hope this helps.

1 Like
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Thanks, much appreciated.  I don't do social media though, maybe that's why my Pattern shop is so quiet.  I figured Etsy traffic would be enough, I usually get a lot of traffic to my Etsy shop, but I think I might have been wrong about this.

Best wishes,

0 Likes

If your SEO is spot on then Google will pick it up in organic searches.  You have the option to change the title and description of Pattern listings to be Google-friendly.  Etsy's traffic does not transfer over to become Pattern traffic, unless the user clicks on your Pattern link within your Etsy shop.  I don't do a lot of social media, but customers have posted their purchases on Instagram and I've received orders from that via my Pattern site.  Pintrest seems to work very well for lots of people too.  It does take time so don't give up too early. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Thanks, I'm hoping Google will index my shop soon.  I was re-reading old forum posts the other day and someone said if you download Google Analytics there's a link to contact Google to index your shop.  I downloaded GA, but I couldn't find the link they were talking about, so I just hit the contact button and asked Google to index my shop from there, hopefully they will.

I'm giving it another month or so and then I'll check into other venues with built in traffic as social media didn't work for me when I tried it in years past. I liked it but it didn't result in sales or even views, so I quit doing it.  I was hoping to send some of my Etsy traffic to my Pattern shop, but so far it's not working. 

Best wishes,

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.