Well, I am done with all of this...

Hi, I know there are a lot of us who feel this new format is foolish, ridiculous and absolutely nonsensical as well as I do.  I can find my way around, but I find it odd that even when you click on different categories, the same topics will be in several of them.  I find it irksome that when someone replies you need to go on a hunt to find their response and I also find it tiresome to scroll and scroll and scroll only to reach a dead end.

I already miss some people, miss some of the silly conversations as well as the constructive help that was so freely given. I hope if I get stuck on an issue I will be able to get some help, but until then, I am wishing everyone great sales, happy times, creativity and joy in your shops.  If anyone wants to convo me, feel free, but, for now, I am done with all this.   It was fun....see ya!!!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes
28 Replies
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Re: Well, I am done with all of this...

Sorry to see you leave Nina. I've enjoyed reading your posts and comments. I totally understand, however. This new format makes me feel stupid.

I only go to this team and 1 other i joined and bugs if I have to post a problem.

I can't figure out how to re arrange the posts and replies within the team so that I'm seeing the most recent posts etc.

Like I said... makes me feel dumb. Why did they have to make it so complicated?

Maybe reconsider staying? Lots of peeps like you and enjoy hearing from you!

7 Likes

@Lionfishvintage  OMG, Lionfish that cat is making me laugh in spite of myself...thank you.  I appreciate the kind words, but it is soooo unfriendly, so sterile, so, so , so,.....I do not know what to call it.  I enjoyed starting posts, reading posts, but they were happy and sharing and caring and we both know that whole vibe is gone.  Feel free to convo anytime, I always have  something in my drawer of laughs to share....have a creative night and thanks again.

1 Like

Just soined a few ago--how on earth did you post that photo???

0 Likes

Love that kitty GIF!  @ThePurplePuppy - in TEAMS we can copy/paste pictures and GIFS - glad you found us!

0 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

@ngeorgiou  Ah come on now, how can you leave when that little kitty is begging, begging you to stay? The answer, is, you simply cannot leave. You just can't. Begging kitty cat will not be denied.

2 Likes

0 Likes
PincushionCrazy
Conversation Maker

I'm totally lost. I found people in the forums by their names, not their shops, so now I don't know where anyone is...if, indeed, they're anywhere.  I can't be the only one who now finds the forums dead and boring.

I keep going back, thinking that things will be back to normal and they're not. 

Like LionFish, I think I'm done with it all.

It's really shame.  The Etsy community was a vibrant, helpful, feisty gathering of people who loved Etsy (and sometimes hated it), and now it has disppeared in one big puff.

I wish Etsy would stop fixing things that aren't broken, but in my heart I know that's not going to happen.

5 Likes

I agree! I miss the he names so much! I never paid much attention to shop name, so now I don’t recognize anyone!

Anne W

0 Likes

@PincushionCrazy  All the reasons are just why I said I am done with this.  If they wanted to isolate us.....they did a good job.  May we all have continued success and just do what we need to do....have a nice weekend,

4 Likes
frighten
Conversation Maker

I haven't yet posted or replied in the new forums, and unless I really need help, don't plan on doing so, but it has more to do with there being a log of my every action than the disjointedness of things. As for the teams, that's pretty much all there is in terms of chat, so I'm trying to accept it for what it is. It hasn't even been a month since the switch and I think more people will discover the chat teams in time. It's obviously different than the old chat section but I really try not to have any expectations and am happy that at least there is a place to chat with other sellers if I want to. 

0 Likes

@frighten  Hi Frighten, I understand everything you said,for me it is just so convoluted that I do not feel I am gaining anything anymore.  Sellers have always been so helpful when there is something I did not understand and help was quick...now, good grief, ask a question in the wrong place, it gets moved.  So for now, I will answer anything in this thread but I think I will just entertain myself with my own brand of humor and wish everyone well.

0 Likes

I find I've been spending a lot less time in the forums (which isn't really a bad thing for me in some ways, but is bad in other ways), and I do miss the old forum format. It's a lot harder to navigate, there isn't as much movement in the forums (so topic get stale and boring for me because I'm not going to waste time looking for things in all the new categories here). I still get headaches from reading in here even though they improved the font, and same as you OP, I miss some of the people who don't seem to have returned after the change. :( 

2 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

I agree.  At this point, this is about the only place I go in these forum - teams - whatever you want to call this silliness.  I use to like to help others, as well as, get some real insight into this online selling world.  Now, I feel I am at a stand still.

I will continue to come to this spot but I am not, at all, interested in learning such a convuluted system.  Totally not worth my time.  But then again, I beleive that was the intent.  After all, if you are not on the forums then the worker bees (i.e. slave labor) will get back to work.

I do feel bad for any buyer only customers.  We, as sellers, would often assist buyers that had questions; basically, we did their job for them.  Now, the buyer only customers are stuck with simply getting frustrated and then turning away from the etsy marketplace entirely....which, in the end, will effect our bottom lines, as well as, etsy's.

My two cents.

PS - But look at these wonderful bullets we have now

• blah blah blah
  • blah blah
  • blah

Certainly, they were worth us not being able to communicate with our fellow sellers.  A fabulous trade off. (and we have bold, underline, and italics to enhance our forum-team experience).  Perfect!  I am so very happy and thrilled.

5 Likes

@Former_Member you crack me up. I was going to post that with with bullets, but I don't see it on my Android. ^_^

0 Likes

Well - you have everything you need right here in this TEAM!  There are enough helpful people to answer any questions, or at least head you in the right direction.  And sometimes there are snacks!

donut GIF

5 Likes

@AtMemoryLane  Very well stated Memory Lane.....jUST HAD TO HAVE THE ITALICS AND BOLD...YAY

2 Likes

@PillowDetails  Let's keep passing the cookies.

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

@ngeorgiou

Hi Nina.  Sorry to hear you're done. I just joined a few minutes ago.  I'll miss seeing the posts from you and Moses. :-(

0 Likes

@GielDesigns  Thanks.....I am finding it a total waste of my time and I will also miss posting the "fun" as well as the serious topics.  I will be changing my avatar soon to show his newest antics.  Enjoy the rest of the day

0 Likes
chocolaterabbit
Conversation Maker

@ngeorgiou I was never very chatty so didn't post much in the old forum, but I always read your threads and think that you are a lovely gentle soul.  Please stay here!  Just hang out in the team.  I'm not loving the new format at all, but have been really enjoying chatting about tea and posting funny cat pictures.

Hope you decide to keep hanging out!

3 Likes

I feel the same way...have been here a whole lot less than I used to.  It makes me sad and feel the boards are so fragmented now.

2 Likes

@SignsByDiane  Hi Diane, I had a feeling I was not alone in feeling this way, I really miss some people, miss being able to just read what was going with others and often just reading solved something for me.  Hope you have a great year.

1 Like

Hi Nina, I'm sorry we both feel this way.  After several weeks it doesn't seem to be getting any better.  I'll still stop in occasionally and hope to see you too. :)

0 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Are you really going? And leaving us here lost in space? We need the original people to show the newbies how to survive. We may be lost in the jungle, but many are reaching out for vines and doing the Me Jane You Tarzan dance.

And there are cats! Who can leave while there are cats around? ( Don't tell my dogs I said that)

Heck if everyone I like leaves I'll have to do housework again. Someone pass me a Happy pill please.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.