Summer craft fairs

Are any of you already lining up summer craft fairs? I think I will do a couple of local ones....

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Summer craft fairs

I will be. I'm planning to attend some late Winter and Spring ones as well. I'm excited for them as I got away from attending them last year.

0 Likes

Signed up for two local Spring markets, and if those go well, will do the Fall markets, also.  There's a large one in the capital city in August, but the fee is $300 for 2 days.  Would need to apply for that one NOW, but the fee is a bit much.  Besides, the local ones are so much more fun...getting to see and visit with friends and former students.

0 Likes

@shirley26298  Local ones are more fun, I am considering one in July, however,same thing....the price is quite hefty, but have to decide this week.  Have fun with the fairs.

0 Likes

@ngeorgiou  I agree!  Our local ones are in the Spring and Fall.  If we had one in July, the metal jewelry would be way too hot to handle!  Hope yours are fun and profitable!

0 Likes

@shirley26298   The funny thing about the one in July....it is huge, well advertised, air conditioned, and I did poorly at it a few years ago.  I am only going to try again this year because I am pretty sure it is time to leave Etsy and I have a lot of inventory....sigh.  Hopefully, because my work is better than before and I have a lot more items, I will do better.  I may be crazy to try again, but I have no one to blame except myself if I don't try...LOL

0 Likes

@ngeorgiou   Mama always said "if you'll wonder what if, then you ought to go ahead and do it."  AC makes all the difference!  Go for it...dive in, have fun.  I bet you'll do well, with your experience on here to help you prepare.

I, too, am considering leaving Etsy.  Did really well from 2013 through Feb 2018, then sales all of a sudden tanked.  For the first time, I'm in the red this month.  Can't have it cutting into my retirement income, so got to make THAT decision.  Have some stuff in a gift shop to the west of here, and will be in a new gift shop north of here.  Now, all I need is east and south!  Saddened to be leaving this website...it was good for several years... 

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

@ngeorgiou 

Best of luck to you with the fairs, Nina!  You make such beautiful boxes. :-)

0 Likes

@GielDesigns Thanks, I do have fun when I do them, I enjoy the people and calculate in my head how much I would make if I had a quarter for everyone who says "I;ll be back"...LOL

1 Like

I like the 'Friend' who says 'I can make that for you, no need to buy here'! Come by yourself!

0 Likes

I've never done one, mainly because the booths often cost so much I am worried that I won't even break even.  However, I understand that some folks do well at them.   Wishing you well Nina.

0 Likes

@BoudoirPrive   Thanks Crystal, wish you could come and keep me company....it is always more fun with a friend.  Enjoy your day.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.