So Zibbet is relaunching their entire platform starting with an Etsy integration...

...and a host of others yet to be determined. They have stated a new sales channel with AC Moore and defined a sales channel as "somewhere that you can sell your products" The whole idea is to manage all your sales channels from one place, i.e. zibbet. The thing I like sbout it, being an ooak seller, is I can list that one item on 2 or more platforms and if it sells, It will show up as sold on all the platforms. The A.C Moore component is interesting. As a supply seller in a very small niche, it would be nice to get exposure from a company like A.C. Moore if they would be allowing 3rd party sellers.

https://www.zibbet.com/?referral=i2OTvS9

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
14 Replies
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Re: So Zibbet is relaunching their entire platform starting with an Etsy integration...

Interesting. Will you keep us posted on how it goes?

0 Likes

Re: So Zibbet is relaunching their entire platform starting with an Etsy integration...

Of course @Lionfishvintage

0 Likes

If that's the case, I may have to look into redoing my Zibbet and playing with it a bit.

0 Likes
BlingAndBijou
Conversation Maker

Thanks for the link! Just signed up. Would be interested in hearing how folks use Zibbet, how long you have been with them, and what kind of sales you have with them! Post here or convo me, either way.

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

I signed up with them when they 1st started. Was there a year. No sales. Left them.

0 Likes

I was there when they first opened too.  I think I had one sale.  My favorite site was Artfire.  Can't remember why I left, probably because they were going to start letting people sell non-hand made?? That was so long ago I'm not really sure.  I tried to start back up there recently, but was just stretched too thin.

LOVE Zibbet though.  Going to go check it out.  Thanks for the heads up @medlongsc

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jamie- I was on Artfire as well. Never made a sale. Also Bonanzle.

No sales there either. On one of those sites( not sure which one) , the main reason I left was because we were going to have to start showing proof  of a vintage items age.

AS IF!!

I mean , come on !  Vinties know , and buyers as well, that most times, there is no date stamped on items.

0 Likes

@Lionfishvintage Wow! That is strange! 

0 Likes

Good to know! I'd also be curious to learn more about how the platform has evolved & what your experience is selling there.

I was another person who joined Zibbett when it was new. Can't remember how long I stayed and I think I went back and reopened my store again at another point, but the longest period was at least a year. I sold nothing and the community had been very quiet at the time. I'd returned to Etsy because the overall sense of community was so much stronger. But I'd definitely consider selling there again. There was a lot about it I really enjoyed.

0 Likes

@philosophiacreations I don't see that they have forums any longer. I've been looking to no end. :( No idea what's going on over there.

1 Like

The message boards were really good on Zibbett. I believe I imported my eBay listings to Zibbett as well as selling on eBay--long time ago now. 

1 Like

@MoiraRiver wrote:

The message boards were really good on Zibbett. I believe I imported my eBay listings to Zibbett as well as selling on eBay--long time ago now. 

This is my first attempt on the new forums, hope I get it right ;)

I joined Zibbet early on as well and loved their forums. Jonathan says they were too hard to monitor with time time diff between Australia and here. I was very disappointed to see them go.

I am watching Zibbet's new ideas for the site with great interest. They have always been easy to work with and over the years I made some good sales over there.

Katie

1 Like

I joined Zibbett when they were brand new.  2 years in I had never made a sale so closed up shop to just concentrate on Etsy.  I did the same thing with Artyah.  

Sometimes I now wonder if I should have just stuck with it because as is in 11 years on Etsy I average 3 sales a year yet keep staying with it.  Maybe it's time I learned that stick to it ness with a few other places.  I may go wander in to read more on Zibbett.

0 Likes

When they announced the change a couple months ago, they admitted that they failed as a marketplace. Seems they are big on promoting the idea of driving your own traffic. When in reality they should be bringing in the buyers. After all, that is the whole premise for using a marketplace. Hopefully they will have better seo and resources this time around. I'm going to hold off joining until they have A.C. Moore as a sales channel. I don't trust the Zibbet guys. 😄

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.