Share The Beats To Your Creative Process

I do not know about everyone else but I generally will have some music playing in my workshop when I am working on an Item, project, motorcycles etc...                             

It's said that Music gives a Soul to the universe, Wings to the mind, Flight to the imagination & Life to everything.

I Figured I would create a place for those if they want to share some of their favorite tunes or genre of music either one.  Mine consist of Blues, Classic to Modern Rock, Indie Etc... 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Share The Beats To Your Creative Process

I usually listen to scary stories on youtube when I'm creating. But when I do listen to music I love Loreena McKennitt, The Beatles, RHCP, Greenday, 21 Pilots, etc. :)

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jazz & classic rock instrumentals for me .

If I hear singing , it distracts me . Or i just stop working and sing along!

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Right this minute... listening to " Born On The Bayou " Credence... 

https://youtu.be/wIjUY3pjN8E

1 Like
chocolaterabbit
Conversation Maker

I listen to audio books or sometimes Oh No Ross and Carrie - a pretty cool podcast.

I like Little Feat, the old stuff with Lowell George.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing 9ElizabethStreet I definitely will be joining

0 Likes

I listen to a range of stuff mostly from the 80's and 90's. I havn't a clue about modern music. I love ausio books too, like the Agatha christies.

2 Likes

Am I the only solitary artist who generally creates amid the sound of silence?

Though I used to attend a painting workshop where they played pop music from the 1980s to the present, which was okay depending on the particular song.

And at home I once tried listening to Handel's harpsichord suites while painting, which was very cool.

3 Likes
BlackSackButtons
Conversation Maker

I’m with you.  My shop takes all the concentration I can come up with.  When I am dealing with orders I don’t want any distractions.  There’s too many things that I need to get just right for my customers.  Now if I am just creating new items for the shop it’s a different story.  

0 Likes

For me, it depends on how frazzled I'm feeling or how noisy the neighbor's kids are, or if I just want something to 'flow' along with.  I have some playlists of spa and meditation music, classical guitar music, piano adagios, Elton John, Nora Jones, and a few days ago I listened to the soundtrack for Oklahoma! the musical from 1956.

My favorites are affirmation tapes on Abundant mindset and a chi flow/drum bit, both from Kenneth Soares (via Insight Timer but he's also on YouTube).  He's got an EXCELLENT short course on goal setting!

Brain dents make it hard sometimes to concentrate, and I find that meditation music and esp the chi drum music really really helps!

1 Like

The soundtracks..conan the barbarian is my alltime go to. the secretof Roan Innish for my celtic moods....The vikings lately stokes a powerful and ancient  inner fire, ..I prefer instrumental or choral, but Im completely open, . Pearl Jam, Evanessance ..the moody stuff..

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.